Nokia Ace for Verizon

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I just read that the Nokia Ace is rumored to be released for Verizon as well as at&t. My question is...is the phone really as ugly as the photo suggests? I like no love the lumia design. did they really have to make it look like the trophy

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nobody has any pictures of the Ace. Sites are just picking a picture of a phone that has the Nokia logo on it to use for their articles.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I just read that the Nokia Ace is rumored to be released for Verizon as well as at&t. My question is...is the phone really as ugly as the photo suggests? I like no love the lumia design. did they really have to make it look like the trophy

Dunno if you mean this design? http://www.theweebear.talktalk.net/nokia900.jpg
It was picked by some of the bigger blogs when Lumia 900 specs leaked, but no, it has nothing to do with the actual device. It's actually one concept design made by Yanko design back in 2010.
HTC & Nokia Phone Concepts by Michal Bonikowski & Rafal Pilat - Mindsailors ? Yanko Design

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought Verizon was unhappy with MS and windows phone. Why would they be buying the flagship nokia device coming up?

ayejay0601

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought Verizon was unhappy with MS and windows phone. Why would they be buying the flagship nokia device coming up?
According to recent news, Verizon wants lte on the windows phone. without lte, its a deal breaker. so ace is supposed to have lte. This is just what I read. This windows phone news app

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If this is true, this may get me to switch from android. I was waiting for an lte wp7 and nokia makes some nice looking phones.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Verizon may not like Nokia but they do like money and if they feel they can get a flagship WP device either exclusively or under good terms, they'll take it.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The sooner the better for both Nokia and WP and the carriers carrying it. I expect it should be a big volume seller!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Just waiting for the 900 on AT&T and I'll be happy :blush:

I'd love Verizon to get it as well. To help WP7 grow.

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got my Tropy from Verizon and love it... Came from many years on a BB. If the Ace or other high end LTE device comes to Verizon, I'll be all over it. This WP7 is awesome and I really believe 2012 is going to be a break out year for WP7 and the makers of WP7 devices.:D

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The last word that I read and it was just a rumor was that VZN passed on tyhe 900 and was taking the 710 (maybe the 719 and from what they have said about the intermediate rom in the 900 having LTE capability I figured that perthaps they were taking the 710/719 with LTE and cheking it out sales wise and they thenm might get the 900. Just a theory!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb