Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree7Likes
  1. chamba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
       #1  
    Hi, I have been reading on this board for a while and finally have something to post. I called verizon cs last night and before hanging up I asked if he knew of any upcoming Nokia phones. His answer was that they (cs reps) have not heard anything about Nokia yet but that there has been word about a Samsung model coming to Verizon. I asked about 4G and FFC and his reply was that these features have been neither confirmed nor denied.
  2. TheWeeBear's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,293 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    #2  


    You big Verizon rumour starter! :D

    Welcome along to WPCentral chamba. :)

    .........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
  3. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,759 Global Posts
    #3  
    Hopefully it will be something like the focus s/flash with lte and ffc.
  4. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #4  
    Um, you sure the rep was talking about Windows Phone OS specifically? Other than the fact that its inferred because you brought up Nokia, you don't mention that you referenced Windows Phone.
  5. chamba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Um, you sure the rep was talking about Windows Phone OS specifically? Other than the fact that its inferred because you brought up Nokia, you don't mention that you referenced Windows Phone.
    I am sure. exact words were "we have not heard about any new Nokia phones being offered...the only new Windows Phone manufacturer we have heard anything about is Samsung..."
  6. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,759 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chamba View Post
    I am sure. exact words were "we have not heard about any new Nokia phones being offered...the only new Windows Phone manufacturer we have heard anything about is Samsung..."
    Funny because they are about the last to hear anything so 99% of the time it is something they read off of sites like these. In other words don't put to much faith in what they say lol.
  7. Dr.Phil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by chamba View Post
    I am sure. exact words were "we have not heard about any new Nokia phones being offered...the only new Windows Phone manufacturer we have heard anything about is Samsung..."
    I agree with others on here, don't put that much faith into something that they may have been confused (even if they didn't sound confused) on. Sometimes people will confuse Windows Phone with Android and not even know that is what they are doing. I mean I could go into an AT&T store and get one person who knows everything about every phone and another when you ask them what operating system is on this HTC Titan, they will either look at the info sheet to check or they will say Android mistakenly.

    The only way to truly know is just by checking FCC documents and mobile phone sites. It seems like with Verizon there are roadmap leaks more often, so I wouldn't be surprised if a new one comes out sometime soon.
  8. johaas's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #8  
    I'm really getting desperate for anything, but the Lumia 710 that is rumored to come to Verizon sounds really lackluster. Considering moving to AT&T and losing my unlimited data if it means getting a higher end Windows Phone. Looking forward to CES!
    Bytor70 and soulzero like this.
  9. hellerz85's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by johaas View Post
    I'm really getting desperate for anything, but the Lumia 710 that is rumored to come to Verizon sounds really lackluster. Considering moving to AT&T and losing my unlimited data if it means getting a higher end Windows Phone. Looking forward to CES!
    im with you johaas. I have been a loyal verizon customer for many many years. If verizon is only going to offer the lumia 710, im debating switching over to AT&T as well. I too would lose my unlimited data, but im sick of verizon not giving windows phone a chance.
    soulzero likes this.
  10. Dr.Phil's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    147 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johaas View Post
    I'm really getting desperate for anything, but the Lumia 710 that is rumored to come to Verizon sounds really lackluster. Considering moving to AT&T and losing my unlimited data if it means getting a higher end Windows Phone. Looking forward to CES!
    If you are considering moving, I would suggest waiting til MWC in February. That is the last time that you will get a good idea on what a carrier is offering.
  11. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,759 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hellerz85 View Post
    im with you johaas. I have been a loyal verizon customer for many many years. If verizon is only going to offer the lumia 710, im debating switching over to AT&T as well. I too would lose my unlimited data, but im sick of verizon not giving windows phone a chance.
    I would never give up my unlimited data for a phone. The day Verizon no longer grandfathers is the day I switch carriers. Unless they raise the lowest tier, especially with lte
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    I would never give up my unlimited data for a phone. The day Verizon no longer grandfathers is the day I switch carriers. Unless they raise the lowest tier, especially with lte
    I agree. Unlimited data is a huge thing to give up. For all we know come Christmas time Verizon could have the best WP available. The landscape changes so fast in the phone world. Verizon will get something eventually.
  13. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,759 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    I agree. Unlimited data is a huge thing to give up. For all we know come Christmas time Verizon could have the best WP available. The landscape changes so fast in the phone world. Verizon will get something eventually.
    Look how long it took verizon to get the "superphone" android lineup. I mean until this holiday season verizon never really had a killer android lineup and now they have a great android lineup. Hopefully this will be the same for wp.
  14. snowmutt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,513 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    #14  
    I think this rumor makes sense. I can see a LTE device getting on Verizon. But, I would not be shocked if it is after Apollo comes out. Verizon is in no hurry. Why come out with a WP 7.5 when WP 8 is right around the corner?
    Premium1 likes this.
  15. luimende's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #15  
    we should all twitter Joe B and anyone you follow from Window phone with #burnedbywindowsphone because they won't sell on @sprint, @vzw etc.
  16. JPDVM2014's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    306 Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    I would never give up my unlimited data for a phone. The day Verizon no longer grandfathers is the day I switch carriers. Unless they raise the lowest tier, especially with lte
    This. I love my Trophy, but if nothing comes out, I'll either hang onto it or switch to Android and re-evaluate when my next upgrade comes around.
    Bytor70 likes this.
  17. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,759 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by JPDVM2014 View Post
    This. I love my Trophy, but if nothing comes out, I'll either hang onto it or switch to Android and re-evaluate when my next upgrade comes around.
    I have a trophy and a nexus and use the nexus as my everyday phone since I want lte. I would use the trophy if it had lte and will not upgrade again for a 3g only phone especially since verizon is all about their lte network now.
  18. Judge_Daniel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    713 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by luimende View Post
    we should all twitter Joe B and anyone you follow from Window phone with #burnedbywindowsphone because they won't sell on @sprint, @vzw etc.
    I'm certain that it isn't Microsoft's (let alone Joe B.'s) fault that Sprint and Verizon won't carry a new Windows Phone. I blame this 100% on the carriers. We should all tweet something about leaving for AT&T for windows phone on the other carriers' twitter.

    Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

    My app: Plant Guide

    Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
    snowmutt likes this.
  19. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,759 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
    I'm certain that it isn't Microsoft's (let alone Joe B.'s) fault that Sprint and Verizon won't carry a new Windows Phone. I blame this 100% on the carriers. We should all tweet something about leaving for AT&T for windows phone on the other carriers' twitter.
    I think it isn't only the carriers. MS would need to have a little more pull and with how wp didn't really sell that well in it's first year I don't see them with that kind of pull yet.
  20. Duvi's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,976 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    I think it isn't only the carriers. MS would need to have a little more pull and with how wp didn't really sell that well in it's first year I don't see them with that kind of pull yet.
    Microsoft can't force anything upon a carry if they aren't trying to carry it. So have a "little more pull" can only be had with the success that iOS and Android is having, not how good an OS may be to them... it's about their customers wanting it and being real... a majority of them aren't looking at WP.

    WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Bytor70 likes this.
  21. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,759 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    Microsoft can't force anything upon a carry if they aren't trying to carry it. So have a "little more pull" can only be had with the success that iOS and Android is having, not how good an OS may be to them... it's about their customers wanting it and being real... a majority of them aren't looking at WP.
    Exactly. The carriers are all about making money and seeing how wp isn't selling well right now it isn't worth the risk to carry a high end phone for a very small majority hence why if it was selling better MS would have more pull.
  22. johaas's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    90 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by redraider133 View Post
    Exactly. The carriers are all about making money and seeing how wp isn't selling well right now it isn't worth the risk to carry a high end phone for a very small majority hence why if it was selling better MS would have more pull.
    It's just discouraging that Verizon (or Sprint for that matter) won't take a chance. The Trophy wasn't a failure, was it? Maybe I just spend too much time on this site, but people seemed genuinely excited about what Nokia was going to bring to North America...why wouldn't they want a piece of that pie? Here's to hoping that AT&T's new phones are incredibly successful, resulting in a wake up call for the competitors. One more lock up, force close, or self-restart from my Fascinate might bring me to a crossroads.
  23. Premium1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,759 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by johaas View Post
    It's just discouraging that Verizon (or Sprint for that matter) won't take a chance. The Trophy wasn't a failure, was it? Maybe I just spend too much time on this site, but people seemed genuinely excited about what Nokia was going to bring to North America...why wouldn't they want a piece of that pie? Here's to hoping that AT&T's new phones are incredibly successful, resulting in a wake up call for the competitors. One more lock up, force close, or self-restart from my Fascinate might bring me to a crossroads.
    Because even with what Nokia is bringing to the US, most do not know about wp7. Download and run an ICS rom on your fascinate, it will make it like a brand new phone to hold you over, I used to have a fascinate and installed ICS and all the problems it had before went away.
  24. Lnin0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #24  
    I hate Verizon. They are killing unlimited data the next time you renew your contract anyway so if I could get out of my current year and a half contract I would.

    Verizon cuts the most corners when it comes to their phone line up. If it means offering the 'best in class' phone or saving $3 on the OEM cost you can bet Verizon takes the savings. This has been the case for a long time. Look at the egg that the iPhone left on Verizon's face and the huge dent it put in their market share.

    Verizon balked at the golden goose because they view the network as the 'star' not the phones. This simply isn't the case anymore. The networks are all pretty homogenous to the consumer anymore. To many consumers the question is not about who they will buy their 'utility' from but who has the lowest prices, best customer service and hottest hardware. All areas Verizon puts very little emphasis on.
  25. chamba's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
       #25  
    Has Verizon announced that it will be killing unlimited data when you next renew? I am still holding on to my q9c until Verizon gets a good WP. If this is true, I will use my upgrade now ...

    Also, disappointed that nothing was announce for us...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions