in order for the 900 to be huge it has to be on all carriers!

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
just saying, the iphones on all three carriers, the galaxy nexus will be on them all soon. i think consumers would eat these things up! i know if they bring it to sprint im getting one asap.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They should do what BlackBerry use to do. Give phones away.

Also, does this phone have a removable battery?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Last edited:

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
just saying, the iphones on all three carriers, the galaxy nexus will be on them all soon. i think consumers would eat these things up! i know if they bring it to sprint im getting one asap.

I agree 100%. Nokia needs to do what samsung did with the galaxy line and have it on every carrier. That is the only way it will really take off, otherwise it will be lackluster sales at best.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
While I agree in principal, one carrier didn't hurt iPhone much for the first few years. Nor Droid in the beginning for that matter. If it's good, they will come.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
While I agree in principal, one carrier didn't hurt iPhone much for the first few years. Nor Droid in the beginning for that matter. If it's good, they will come.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

IPhone is once a year and android was always on other carriers and became more proliferent after the Droid campaign.

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The carriers have to want them. Giving a deal to a large footdragger, (VZW), won't make the ones who've given good support all along real happy.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised how many don't seem to get it.

Carriers don't want Windows Phones or are not ready to do any work to get it sold. Of course Nokia or any other WP manufacturer wants to sell them as widely as possible, but that's not simply possible yet.

Nokia has given exclusivity to At&t and probably given with MS some incentives to get the phone for At&t and that "hero" status. It needs to start from somewhere and time will tell if it's this.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
This is AT&T's baby. Don't be surprised to see AT&T announce the 900 and not Nokia...

Any hints on pricing of the 900? I'm really hoping they don't pull a Verizon and charge $300 since it is LTE. I have hope since the Vivid is only $199 and its LTE and the Skyrocket is $250.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The carriers have to want them. Giving a deal to a large footdragger, (VZW), won't make the ones who've given good support all along real happy.

But it would giver verizon a little incentive. There is no ifs ands or buts about it, if wp is not widely available on all carriers it has no chance against android and ios that is on every carrier. Most will not switch simply for a phone so if their carrier only gets low end wp most will not even give wp a look.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Nokia and MS could persuade sprint and version easily if they wanted to. I mean the evidence that windows phone are the highest rated phones on the market by consumers. People buy these phones and love them. People from sprint and version just need a better choice and the 900 is definitely it.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Nokia and MS could persuade sprint and version easily if they wanted to. I mean the evidence that windows phone are the highest rated phones on the market by consumers. People buy these phones and love them. People from sprint and version just need a better choice and the 900 is definitely it.

That is exactly. MS and Nokia could easily persuade these carriers yet it seems like they do not care enough to try and get all the carriers on board.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly. MS and Nokia could easily persuade these carriers yet it seems like they do not care enough to try and get all the carriers on board.

There are good reasons that Verizon and Sprint haven't been on board yet. Verizon is the House that Droid built. They have said they wanted a third EcoSystem for competitiveness and that until this fall, they thought it would be Blackberry. Well, now they don't think it will be Blackberry, but it takes time to get phones on a carrier. Verizon has said that if MS wants WP on their network, LTE is a must. Well that is coming now, and their are LTE HTC and Samsung devices rumored that very well could end up on Verizon, I believe they will.

As for Sprint, they are a small carrier and cannot push a new OS. Palm tried to launch with sprint, and the Pre was Sprints biggest launch up to that date and the OS still failed. Sprint learned from that and now they stick with affordable, proven platforms. WP has to be popular BEFORE Sprint will pick it up in any meaningful way.

If AT&T is able to make people want WP, Verizon will pick it up. If Verizon picks it up, Sprint will as well because costs of CDMA variants will drop due to production scale. That is what happened with the iPhone, and with Android (though it was Verizon that made it popular and ATT and Sprint picked it up). It always starts with one carrier.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Any hints on pricing of the 900? I'm really hoping they don't pull a Verizon and charge $300 since it is LTE. I have hope since the Vivid is only $199 and its LTE and the Skyrocket is $250.

I heard a rumor it was coming in at 249. I think this is a really bad idea if it turns out to be true. This phone needs to be 199 and not a penny more or people that are not already fans of WP are not going to buy it when they can get an iPhone 4s for cheaper.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I heard a rumor it was coming in at 249. I think this is a really bad idea if it turns out to be true. This phone needs to be 199 and not a penny more or people that are not already fans of WP are not going to buy it when they can get an iPhone 4s for cheaper.

I am interested to see if they keep the next iphone at the $199 base price or if they raise the price since apple is so much of a control dictator. I think that could determine what price future lte windows phones come in at.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I agree. As much as I want the 900, it would be a really tough buy for me at $250. $199 would be a good, fair price. I don't think they can justify charging $250 for a phone that isn't dual core or have a high res display, both of which cost $$ to equip a phone with, when you can get a dual core LTE high res display phone for the same price or less.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The 900 can be pretty big with AT&T alone. And early on, that exclusivity may actually help it rather than hurt it.

There's going to be a very strong ad push by Nokia, MS, and AT&T. People will know about the 900. There will be a buzz. And just like the iPhone and Droid before it, not everyone will be able to get it easily.

It will be a phone that is only attainable if you belong to the exclusive AT&T club. And AT&T will make sure you know that.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The 900 can be pretty big with AT&T alone. And early on, that exclusivity may actually help it rather than hurt it.

There's going to be a very strong ad push by Nokia, MS, and AT&T. People will know about the 900. There will be a buzz. And just like the iPhone and Droid before it, not everyone will be able to get it easily.

It will be a phone that is only attainable if you belong to the exclusive AT&T club. And AT&T will make sure you know that.

But with all the ads and it only being on at&t Nokia will lose sales from someone who is on one of the other carriers and would buy the phone if it was available right away. Exclusivity may seem like a good thing but it limits the possible # of consumers who could and would purchase the device. WP needs all the subscribers it can get and coming out with a phone of high end specs like the ace on only one carrier is foolish.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
But with all the ads and it only being on at&t Nokia will lose sales from someone who is on one of the other carriers and would buy the phone if it was available right away. Exclusivity may seem like a good thing but it limits the possible # of consumers who could and would purchase the device. WP needs all the subscribers it can get and coming out with a phone of high end specs like the ace on only one carrier is foolish.

I think the buzz might be more important than total sales and availability for now. Scarcity can be beneficial in a marketing sense.

The exclusivity enabled it to get Hero status on AT&T. That means an advertising push as well as sales incentives. If it was available everywhere, that wouldn't happen. It would be treated as just another phone on all the carriers. There would be no reason for a carrier to spend a lot of money pushing it because people could buy it elsewhere.

Being on one carrier and getting focus is better than all carriers and no special treatment.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think the buzz might be more important than total sales and availability for now. Scarcity can be beneficial in a marketing sense.

The exclusivity enabled it to get Hero status on AT&T. That means an advertising push as well as sales incentives. If it was available everywhere, that wouldn't happen. It would be treated as just another phone on all the carriers. There would be no reason for a carrier to spend a lot of money pushing it because people could buy it elsewhere.

Being on one carrier and getting focus is better than all carriers and no special treatment.

I don't know about it just being given hero status doing anything for it. It isn't the iphone so unless you are on at&t or visit sites like these, most will never know about the phone no matter how many commercials air, if they can't actually see it when they go in store, then yes the advertising and sales incentives will help for at&t but that is about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3