Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Lumia 900 (or Titan II) in March debate or wait?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm getting a Lumia 900 at launch

35 38.89%
  • I'm getting a Titan II at launch

0 0%
  • I am getting one of these devices at launch (undecided)

11 12.22%
  • I am waiting for Apollo devices

25 27.78%
  • Sticking with current phone (1st gen, 1.5 gen, non-WP)

19 21.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lumic View Post
    It's how the world works - from fashion to electronics. Vizio isn't a terrible brand but most of us would pay extra for a Sony. To some extent, even iOS is starting to lose out with the younger generations, partly due to their oversimplified paradigms.

I overheard some girls with Android devices claiming that the iPhone was for "dumb people". I almost felt like telling them that choosing a product that will simply work out of the box and then using your time on more important things in life doesn't make you dumb, just as adjusting the widgets on your home screen doesn't make you smart.

Yet, there's nothing you can really do but defend your decisions when you go against the status-quo.
    I guess the number of people who prefer android to iOS is growing. Who woulda thought iPhone's market would reduce because of android?

I'm kind of in a jam. I'm on Verizon, and you all know what that means. I'm stuck on an OG Droid right now and I hate this POS. I found out the Trophy is on amazon for 1 cent, and my mom has an upgrade she dosent plan on using. Should I get it now (bad verizon pun not intended) or wait to see what the big red has to offer?

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LexusFman View Post
    I guess the number of people who prefer android to iOS is growing. Who woulda thought iPhone's market would reduce because of android?

I'm kind of in a jam. I'm on Verizon, and you all know what that means. I'm stuck on an OG Droid right now and I hate this POS. I found out the Trophy is on amazon for 1 cent, and my mom has an upgrade she dosent plan on using. Should I get it now (bad verizon pun not intended) or wait to see what the big red has to offer?
    It is almost certain that verizon and sprint will not release any new windows phones until Apollo update. They are claiming poor sales and are unconvinced the investment is worth it yet.

Saw article today suggesting the lumia 900 will be on other carriers in Q4 with improved 12MP camera, but that is a rumor as of now.
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...
    My wife and I have been on Sprint for over 10 years, and so have the Arrive. With the recent disparaging remarks by Sprint, I think the 900 will be my cue to switch to AT&T, at least for a while. I'm a bit of a phone ***** (I've had the Arrive a year now - a new record for me), so I don't mind buying a new phone on eBay or CL at the 1-year point and selling the 900 if there's something much better available. I need to see the Titan II in person to feel the 4.7/4.3 difference and she wants to look in the ATT store and see what looks and feels best for carrying in her purse/pocket.

Just bought a Titan 1 off contract, so will wait about another year before looking to upgrade again. If I hadn't bought the Titan, would probably prefer the Lumia 900 at the moment, since it fixes what I thought were the shortcomings of the Lumia 800 (no ffc, etc) The bluetooth on my Titan seems flaky compared to the one on my Quantum, so I'm a bit leery of HTC right now. Hopefully a firmware update will make it as reliable as my 1st gen phone.

Definitely coughing up the money for the Lumia 900 - like someone else mentioned, my only debate is whether I want to stick with cyan the whole time, or go with the tried and true black (decisions, decisions)..

I've definitely been a Nokia fan - my last phone before my current WP7 was an E71x, and my first cell phone period! was a Nokia 1260 iirc. The build quality/battery life is unparalleled - and I've had MANY phones between then and now (I will say, my Quantum has handled many a fall quite well though).

If they (Nokia) release another phone after 6 months/ a year with WP8 that I want, I guess I'll buy it off contract - I'll wait and see though :D

I'm on T-MO so I'm stuck with HD7 for a while. whatever comes to T-MO first be that the 900 or the Titian.

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    I am leaning strongly toward the 900 but I am hopiong that the Titan II and the Mendel are comiong out at prettyt much at the same time so that I can try them out. I love my focus so I hope the Mendel is competitive but Nokia n900 is in the lead right now.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    would love to get a lumia 900, but i'm never leaving t-mobile and AT&T seems to get all of the cool exclusives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neibl View Post
    Very surprised by the lack of Titan II support on the forums here, Nokia build quality is supreme, but HTC must be a close second. The first titan looks great and the second only looks better with the curved glass at the bottom. I am assuming it comes down to screen size more than anything. If you haven't held a titan yet, I highly recommend doing so, it feels fantastic in the hand, but probably less so than the Lumia chasis. Also I keep hearing pretty amazing things about the 16 MP camera with a dedicated processor, which I did not expect.

Anyone else suprised by lack of Titan II hype? Nokia has a great reputation, it's exciting to see them follow through (my first phone ever was a nokia, fun fact).
    My first phone was also a Nokia! I'm sitting up in Canada coveting the 900 something fierce... Tbh I would probably be willing to try the 800. The design is sexy as ****, and even with my larger hands the superior accuracy of WP7s soft keyboard might make it useable for me. (I wanted an iPhone until I tried typing on one) Although, realistically, since I got my HD7 on a 3 year term and Bell doesn't do early upgrades, and I have 3 kids to feed on one income-albeit a welder's income-my next smartphone will likely have WP10 with 16-core processor! :P
    Last edited by freestaterocker; 01-20-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Really?! You can't say h*LL?!

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystinonfire View Post
    would love to get a lumia 900, but i'm never leaving t-mobile and AT&T seems to get all of the cool exclusives.
    Dont blame Att for that blame TMo

Very tempted by the Lumia 900, but by the time it's released in the UK, we'll know 'something' concrete about Apollo and how that will bode on the hardware.

At the moment, I think I'm going to hold on to my HD7. Don't get me wrong, if my cash flow was a little higher, I'd ebay it and buy a off contract Titan I. A close friend (iPhone user) was saying the same thing. He's going to wait it out and see what the newer devices are and more than likely jump ship to WP when Apollo launches.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    The Lumia phones look nice but aren't dual core Windows phones supposed to come out?

Single core phones are sufficient enough but I would take better hardware any day.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    None of the current hardware is worth a 2 year contract. Even the Lumia 900,it is gorgeous,but not 2 year contract worthy. I will wait it out until Apollo comes out. My plan is buy a iPhone 5 on a no commitment fee and then buy a Apollo Device by signing a 2 year contract with 0$ price on Amazon or thru AT&T.

iphone 5 - ATT no commitment fee - 650$ (based on iphone 4S price)
    Nokia Apollo - 0$ on contract (thru Amazon)
    Total - 650$

iphone 5 - 200$ on contract
    Nokia Apollo - ATT no commitment fee - 584$ - (based on current trend on all 2nd Gen devices)
    total - 784$

I'm ready to jump to the 900 or Titan 2 from my Titan the moment they release. A couple of things I want to see from reviewers before making this decision compared to the Titan 1

Battery life
    Camera Quality
    Network Speed Test LTE and HSPA+

Also the dark horse that no one's considering is what is Samsung going to drop on us?

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
    I'm ready to jump to the 900 or Titan 2 from my Titan the moment they release. A couple of things I want to see from reviewers before making this decision compared to the Titan 1

Battery life
    Camera Quality
    Network Speed Test LTE and HSPA+

Also the dark horse that no one's considering is what is Samsung going to drop on us?
    True, everyone is def overlooking a new Samsung device, which there have been rumors of something here and there, but nothing concrete what so ever. Possibly waiting for Apollo? We'll prob know soon.

I was all about the 900, but I am kinda leaning towards that camera and HTC build. Something about Titan's that make me smile. Wish they had kick stands, not big deal tho, loved kickstand on my surround. Debating getting Titan 1 and waiting for Apollo tho.
    TO APOLLO AND BEYOND...

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Still hoping the Mendel 900 and Titan are all out on March 18. Still leaning towards the 900 Like what I am seeing about the polycarnate body and hoping that Nokia update process will be easier and less wait time than Samsung focus. Also hoping that samsung gets their act together and cures all those quirks and resulting issues. Not holding my breath!

Quote Originally Posted by Neibl View Post
    True, everyone is def overlooking a new Samsung device, which there have been rumors of something here and there, but nothing concrete what so ever. Possibly waiting for Apollo? We'll prob know soon.

I was all about the 900, but I am kinda leaning towards that camera and HTC build. Something about Titan's that make me smile. Wish they had kick stands, not big deal tho, loved kickstand on my surround. Debating getting Titan 1 and waiting for Apollo tho.
    Wait till March and you can buy mine :0

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    get it now cause how fast tech grows, you'll always be waiting for the next greatest and latest. Its almost like as soon as you buy a new phone, its out dated. I'll just keep buying new Lumias every year or two. Kinda like the ipeople do

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    I was all about the 900 but have decided to wait for Apollo as I really want a higher resolution screen. The leaked Apollo info has concreted my choice.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I went 710... With the low price on Rogers, and my update availability coming up around the same time as 8 it seemed like a great choice, and a great intro to WP. Loving it.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    All of this cyan or black lumia talk, either would be gorgeous, but no case? If I got the cyan I would definitely like to show that its blue, but I get a little weary of protecting my phone, especially with the beauty that nokia brings...and T Mobile better get it soon, the 710 and radar are nice and all but I cant go back below 4 inches in screen size

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateoybeautiful View Post
    All of this cyan or black lumia talk, either would be gorgeous, but no case? If I got the cyan I would definitely like to show that its blue, but I get a little weary of protecting my phone, especially with the beauty that nokia brings...and T Mobile better get it soon, the 710 and radar are nice and all but I cant go back below 4 inches in screen size
    Nokia ships the Lumia 800 with a matching silicone case. It is likely that the 900 will as well.

I'm actually going to get TWO 900's at launch, one to upgrade my Focus, and another for my wife who is on an Android phone that she HATES.
  25. cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Nokia ships the Lumia 800 with a matching silicone case. It is likely that the 900 will as well.
    Oddly when they sent me a free lumia, they had taken the time to open the box and remove the case! Not complaining as I got a free phone but although it was a strange thing to do.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast