Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Just tinkering with getting a general feel on what the Lumia would look like IF Verizon would get the Lumia 900. Can't we dream huh?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vzw_nokia.jpg  
    Last edited by htom; 04-16-2012 at 07:46 PM.
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    http://petitionbureau.org/wp7onvzw
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by htom View Post
    Just tinkering with getting a general feel on what the Lumia would look like IF Verizon would get the Lumia 900. Can't we dream huh?
    Wow, it actually looks quite good in red.
    LexusFman likes this.

Global Posts
    2,809 Global Posts
    I'm holding my upgrade to get one!!!!

I was half expecting to see a frozen **** or flying pigs in the background. ;)

Nice work, though! I'm very impressed.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't know that was a bad word... o.O

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
    mud314 likes this.

looks sharp in red. something like that would definitely have me seriously considering moving back to Big Red.

Global Posts
    5,600 Global Posts
    That would make sense then they could say red is exclusive to them. I hope they get something like this.

This is the Red I'm looking for :(

God that's gorgeous.

That is awesome! I never want to leave this fantasy world.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johaas View Post
    That is awesome! I never want to leave this fantasy world.
    Thanks all. Now hopefully it will become a reality soon. (cough cough verizon...cough cough)
    Sign the petition to bring more Windows Phones to Verizon Wireless. We need better choices!
    Thanks!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I think it will happen, but it's possible Verizon will just wait for Apollo.

Verizon is so in love with Android it's ridiculous. :dry

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Well...after the past few days of miserable data loss on AT&T.....I would jump to Verizon in a second if the 900 was available.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    VZW passed on the Lumia and all other WP7 Mango phone for that matter. VZW will not carry any new Windows Phone devices till Windows 8 :(

VZW is in love with Android , because VZW can put their bloatware on Android to draw revenue......
    I am happy that apple does not allow ZW bloatware on iOS! I hope microsoft follows the same theory of no bloatware from VZW!

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    This carrier subsidy crap needs to go away NOW. That you can use the phone anywhere you want.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Wow!! That looks amazing!! Good Job, now if only they will listen!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaMan View Post
    VZW passed on the Lumia and all other WP7 Mango phone for that matter. VZW will not carry any new Windows Phone devices till Windows 8 :(

VZW is in love with Android , because VZW can put their bloatware on Android to draw revenue......
    I am happy that apple does not allow ZW bloatware on iOS! I hope microsoft follows the same theory of no bloatware from VZW!
    Yup.

I wish everyone would/could vote with their wallet when it comes to carrier bloatware. Why on earth would anyone choose a phone you have to root and screw with just to remove garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by eastbayrae View Post
    This carrier subsidy crap needs to go away NOW. That you can use the phone anywhere you want.
    Most people couldn't pay $600 up front for a smartphone, and you couldn't finance a smartphone because a smartphone, unlike a car, isn't collateral that a lender could feasibly repossess. The subsidies are the only way most Americans can afford smartphones.

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    You know the carriers would never allow that to happen!

Plus, there's network incompatibilities (Sprint/Verizon being CDMA and AT&T/T-Mobile being GSM) and even though all of them are moving to LTE, not everyone's using the same bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitlov View Post
    Most people couldn't pay $600 up front for a smartphone, and you couldn't finance a smartphone because a smartphone, unlike a car, isn't collateral that a lender could feasibly repossess. The subsidies are the only way most Americans can afford smartphones.
    Unless everyone is living paycheck to paycheck, I don't think that's true. I think people just do it because that's just how cell phone service has always been sold here--a phone around $199 in exchange for a two year contract.

Which is disappointing because if carriers didn't subsidize phones for us and let us purchase them outright, most of us would probably save money over the length of two years. Have you heard of the T-Mobile Value plan? It's a good example, and it's similar to what they do in Europe.
    eastbayrae likes this.

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1Z View Post
    You know the carriers would never allow that to happen!

Plus, there's network incompatibilities (Sprint/Verizon being CDMA and AT&T/T-Mobile being GSM) and even though all of them are moving to LTE, not everyone's using the same bands.

Unless everyone is living paycheck to paycheck, I don't think that's true. I think people just do it because that's just how cell phone service has always been sold here--a phone around $199 in exchange for a two year contract.

Which is disappointing because if carriers didn't subsidize phones for us and let us purchase them outright, most of us would probably save money over the length of two years. Have you heard of the T-Mobile Value plan? It's a good example, and it's similar to what they do in Europe.
    This.

These carriers have you believing you can't afford a phone. How does the rest of the world do it then? They also want you to think there is competitive pricing among them. There isn't, unless you are thinking it's an 'honor among thieves' mentality. I don't have an issue with them making money, the issue is robbing us and calling it competitive pricing.

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    This.

These carriers have you believing you can't afford a phone. How does the rest of the world do it then? They also want you to think there is competitive pricing among them. There isn't, unless you are thinking it's an 'honor among thieves' mentality. I don't have an issue with them making money, the issue is robbing us and calling it competitive pricing.
    If anyone is wondering how the rest of the world does it, look here:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/1621725-post19.htm

That's right, in the UK, for a similar plan they pay like half of what we do. And some of the carriers there actually offer REAL unlimited data, no caps, no throttling, no "unlimited data" followed by a bunch of asterisks that say you can't do this, fair usage policy that.

The thing is in Europe, you're only paying for what you need to. If you bring your own device, you don't have to pay some inflated price. Why should you? The carrier didn't subsidize your device, they shouldn't get more of your money for something they didn't do. But if you want to buy a device from the carrier and spread the payments out? No problem, they'll add the cost of the device to your monthly payment.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Honestly, if Europeans could buy Nokia N95 for 600-800 euros back in 2007 and the phone sold over 17 million, i'm sure North Americans can.

If you can't buy the phone for it's real price, you shouldn't be able to buy it on contract as you end up paying more in a long term anyways. North America being tied to the carriers and paying more from data than Europe and Asia is still mainly because there's no competitor for the carrier model.

Here in Finland many own two mobile data contracts. One for your phone and one LTE or HSDPA plus contract for your laptop (needed for summer cottage use). There's no data caps in any contract, you always only pay for the speed.
    Every operator has all of the phones. There's no exclusives on one operator, there can't be.
    Last edited by tissotti; 04-09-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Global Posts
    619 Global Posts
    You can call it whatever you want. The fact remains we have been getting screwed for so long we think it's the way it should be and everyone else is in fact wrong. Way wrong answer.

Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts
    I expect VZW will get a Lumia device sooner or later, but I for one won't be buying one in Red!

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasvs View Post
    I expect VZW will get a Lumia device sooner or later, but I for one won't be buying one in Red!
    I should make another version in Android Robot green as they seem to love that color. :) I am sure Verizon will play it safe with black. I don't care as long as they bring one. My preference is the clear prototype one...

Transparent Windows Phone prototype amazes, courtesy of Microsoft Research (Video) -- Windows Phone Daily
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails verge-msft-research.jpg  
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    5,600 Global Posts
    False. If that was the case so many people wouldn't be willing to import unlocked phones for $500+ dollars to the US.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast