Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By geeksix
  • 1 Post By inteller

According to the guys over at PC Plus there will be four forms of Windows 8:

Windows 8 for PC's.
    Windows 8 Tablets (5-7 inch).
    Windows 8 Phones - with a forward-facing keyboard for business users.
    Windows 8 Phone Watch - Like an iPod Nano.

Colour me intrigued by the Windows Phone watch!! Since I was a kid I have wanted a phone watch.... maybe too many episodes of Knight Rider to blame! But, seriously... with everything syncing via the cloud, I would love for the option to leave my phone at home on a night out and equip the phone watch.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scan_pic0001.jpg  
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    yes because if you are suddenly doing "business" it is impossible to use a soft keyboard :dry

If it accommodates the BB crowd, I'm not complaining.
    Banned

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Who wants a tiny tablet? Forget the watch and add the damn phone guts to the tablet!!! :mad:

I agree regarding the miniature tablets, but I'm hopeful for the Windows Phone watch.... at least, I'm intrigued to know more about it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Well let me rephrase so my anger can be better understood... How is it they can put phone guts in a wrist watch but not into a tablet? The phone to tablet is the natural progression isn't it? Now there skipping to watches? Hmmm.....

I wouldn't get too upset just yet. For starters this article isn't very clear; for all we know the mini tablets WILL also function as a phone. And, secondly... there were rumours months ago that Windows 8 tablets will be able to make telephone calls.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    Well let me rephrase so my anger can be better understood... How is it they can put phone guts in a wrist watch but not into a tablet? The phone to tablet is the natural progression isn't it? Now there skipping to watches? Hmmm.....
    Screw that, I want my brain implant + Hud already dammit! Also, Where's my hoverboard!!! :lol:
    AKA Preluva and rbf1337 like this.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Supes View Post
    If it accommodates the BB crowd, I'm not complaining.
    the BB crowd would be better accomodated by RIM going 6 ft under so their company's draconian device policies would have to allow something other than those little lumps of coal known as Curve 3Gs
    rbf1337 likes this.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    According to the guys over at PC Plus there will be four forms of Windows 8:

Windows 8 for PC's.
    Windows 8 Tablets (5-7 inch).
    Windows 8 Phones - with a forward-facing keyboard for business users.
    Windows 8 Phone Watch - Like an iPod Nano.

Colour me intrigued by the Windows Phone watch!! Since I was a kid I have wanted a phone watch.... maybe too many episodes of Knight Rider to blame! But, seriously... with everything syncing via the cloud, I would love for the option to leave my phone at home on a night out and equip the phone watch.

I think thats a bogus article and the image is bogus too. Looks very photoshopped. Definitely not a scan of an actual newspaper or periodical as its made to look like.
    -Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ejb222 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ejb222/

Quote Originally Posted by ejb222 View Post
    I think thats a bogus article and the image is bogus too. Looks very photoshopped. Definitely not a scan of an actual newspaper or periodical as its made to look like.
    Doh! You got me! I just made up the whole thing and photoshop'd something together because I was bored. . .

:dry

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Seriously?! That was a decent job! You had me almost fooled until I noticed a couple details.
    -Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ejb222 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ejb222/

Haha well done Neo... you chose the blue pill. ;)

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    Maybe the watch is the phone for the tablet.

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts
    I agree regarding the miniature tablets, but I'm hopeful for the Windows Phone watch.... at least, I'm intrigued to know more about it.
    Would probably work how the "Pebble Smart Watches" concept will work. Time, bluetooth integration for SMS, Email, Weather (vibrate feedback for new messages, music, etc), GPS, and some other nifty features. I will love to see a FF Camera in the watch for video chat on the go.