Samsung phones

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm really enjoying my Lumia 900 but I what I really want is Samsung's next flagship WP phone. The GS2 Skyrocket that I had b4 the 900 is just a sleeker device than the Nokia. I'm betting by the end of this year Samsung will release a WP phone that is unlike anything WP has seen thus far.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Samsung Galaxy S3 with windows on it. :p

I love my 900 too much to care unless the specs are out of this world. Better camera, at least dual core, 8mp with an awesome iPhone like camera lens.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see something like the Samsung smartphone whit the Smart Stylus for WP come out. I'm still not that far removed from the PDA's to still not appreciate it's usefulness with using the "Smart" in smartphones for something more than playing games and Twittering.

If they come out with something like that for WP on my carrier, I will break my 14+ year run with HTC devices.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I doubt we will see much of a differences again on the devices.

Most probably all will have the same Qualcomm Qualcomm MSM8960 (S4) SoC and same resolution. It will be about design, memory and camera.
For Samsung that design will probably mean S3 shell.

Myself hoping to see that Nokia could have managed to put PureView sensor on their first wave Apollo device. With Nokia having some of the extra freedoms compared to other manufacturers i'am also looking forward to see what they have done on Apollo.

But really who knows. Nokia will likely announce it's devices in September in Nokia World, with other manufacturers announcing their devices around the same time.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I doubt we will see much of a differences again on the devices.

Most probably all will have the same Qualcomm Qualcomm MSM8960 (S4) SoC and same resolution. It will be about design, memory and camera.
For Samsung that design will probably mean S3 shell.

Myself hoping to see that Nokia could have managed to put PureView sensor on their first wave Apollo device. With Nokia having some of the extra freedoms compared to other manufacturers i'am also looking forward to see what they have done on Apollo.

But really who knows. Nokia will likely announce it's devices in September in Nokia World, with other manufacturers announcing their devices around the same time.
Samsung will have better specs. Better resolution, multi cores, etc. with Apollo.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I don't like about the S3 from seeing pics online is the physical home button. It looks like it protrudes above the glass:-( if they have to use a button it should at least be flush like an iPhone.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see something like the Samsung smartphone whit the Smart Stylus for WP come out. I'm still not that far removed from the PDA's to still not appreciate it's usefulness with using the "Smart" in smartphones for something more than playing games and Twittering.

If they come out with something like that for WP on my carrier, I will break my 14+ year run with HTC devices.
I miss the stylus, too. Jotting down little notes here and there was very handy. On another note, I didn't even know HTC has been around for 14 years!

lilb1190

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont think that he is suggesting that Samsung will have access to anything that other manufacturers dont. Its more that Samsung will try to land a WP-haymaker and release a phone that overshadows the others. Nokia might attempt the same thing, but I think its important to recognize that many of these companies are very interested in releasing low-end phones, as well. Just because WP8 will probably support a lot of new improvements doesnt mean that every phone will be a beast.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that Apollo devices will be able to use chips other then Qualcomm. Perhaps we'll see Samsung use their own Exynos chip in their flagship WP8 device.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I wonder is samsung is thinking about putting it "BEAM" tech on a Windows Phone. If they could get a better rez than 640x360 something like 1280x960 that would be nice.

Adyhooper

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is a more popular mobile company in the world that announced so many features and applications. Samsung tablets are touch-screen mobile phone which are running on Android OS are very impressive.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I dont think that he is suggesting that Samsung will have access to anything that other manufacturers dont. Its more that Samsung will try to land a WP-haymaker and release a phone that overshadows the others. Nokia might attempt the same thing, but I think its important to recognize that many of these companies are very interested in releasing low-end phones, as well. Just because WP8 will probably support a lot of new improvements doesnt mean that every phone will be a beast.

That would be a Note with Windows 8 on it.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I don't like about the S3 from seeing pics online is the physical home button. It looks like it protrudes above the glass:-( if they have to use a button it should at least be flush like an iPhone.

I had a Galaxy S III for a little while and the home button does in fact stick out beyond the glass. My guess is that it would be to make it easier to press without having to focus on what you're doing.

If they were to release a WP8 phone with the Galaxy S III's shell, I'd hope that they would make a couple changes:
-Matte finish on the phone with a soft touch texture. The GSIII is slippery and a fingerprint magnet.
-Move the capacitive buttons up a little. The back and menu buttons could be hard to reach at times when using the phone one-handed.

Other than those small gripes, the GSIII is a great device (although I hated TouchWiz). For a phone with such a large screen, it never felt big in my pocket and they definitely crammed a lot of tech into a relatively small package. I would like a phone that had a little bit more heft to it although the GSIII never felt cheaply made.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Eh. I'm anxious to see it but not too anxious to buy one. Waiting on Nokia

Sent from le Lumia de Cyanara using Board Espresso

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Eh. I'm anxious to see it but not too anxious to buy one. Waiting on Nokia

Sent from le Lumia de Cyanara using Board Espresso

Yeah, I'm more excited to see Nokia's offerings for Verizon as well. Nokia seems to be much more likely to provide updates and bug fixes in a timely manner since they're going all-in with Windows Phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720