HTC Titan III going to Verizon this fall

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So, this is my theory and if you don't like it-fine, I really don't care.

On 4/24/2012 a member here on the forums posted:
"Hey guys. I don't wanna spill too much for fear of my job, but my district manager was in a conference call and apparently they were hyping a new Windows Phone launching in late August/September. It's NOT a Nokia, looking at our 4G promos it appears to be a Titan II esque device."

I was very curious since this seems very real. All credit to The Verge here:

"Finally, the big guns: "Zenith" is expected to have a 4.7-inch 720p Super LCD 2 with the same 8-megapixel sensor as the Accord, 42Mbps HSPA+, and an unnamed quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon"

4.7 Inch display and 4G...hmmm. Makes you think. Is Zenith the HTC Titan III that will launch on Verizon. We will see...

NO, I don't work for verizon, but I think I have a really good theory.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Where do you get that it is 4G? HSPA+ is just a version of GSM 3G, no matter what junk AT&T and T-Mobile spew out. It's not LTE.

Also, your post title got my hopes up. :) But no biggie.

So, this is my theory and if you don't like it-fine, I really don't care.

On 4/24/2012 a member here on the forums posted:
"Hey guys. I don't wanna spill too much for fear of my job, but my district manager was in a conference call and apparently they were hyping a new Windows Phone launching in late August/September. It's NOT a Nokia, looking at our 4G promos it appears to be a Titan II esque device."

I was very curious since this seems very real. All credit to The Verge here:

"Finally, the big guns: "Zenith" is expected to have a 4.7-inch 720p Super LCD 2 with the same 8-megapixel sensor as the Accord, 42Mbps HSPA+, and an unnamed quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon"

4.7 Inch display and 4G...hmmm. Makes you think. Is Zenith the HTC Titan III that will launch on Verizon. We will see...

NO, I don't work for verizon, but I think I have a really good theory.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
ah , makes sens , still not expecting a quad-core yet... let alone 64cores.. ROLF wtf is 64cores...

When they mentioned the 64 core thing they were talking about the server version of Windows 8. Though someday we will be rocking 64 cores in a phone...haha.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Where do you get that it is 4G? HSPA+ is just a version of GSM 3G, no matter what junk AT&T and T-Mobile spew out. It's not LTE.

Also, your post title got my hopes up. :) But no biggie.

The ITU redefined 4G to include HSPA+. Remember, LTE and WiMAX originally didn't meet the 4G specifications either; only WiMax 2 and LTE-Advanced were technically 4G back then.

When they mentioned the 64 core thing they were talking about the server version of Windows 8. Though someday we will be rocking 64 cores in a phone...haha.

Yeah, Microsoft wants to make sure it's a long time before they have to do another WP7.8 type update, and have to leave their existing userbase behind because they had to update the kernel again to allow support for processors with more than 64 cores. ;)

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, the quad core for a WP8 launch device seems doubtful.
And VZW simply doesn't have HSPA+ at all, so um, no.

Now, will Verizon get *something* this fall? I sure hope so. But it sure hasn't leaked, or been rumoured, or etc...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, the quad core for a WP8 launch device seems doubtful.
And VZW simply doesn't have HSPA+ at all, so um, no.

Now, will Verizon get *something* this fall? I sure hope so. But it sure hasn't leaked, or been rumoured, or etc...

It's not doubtful, there wont be quad core on the first wave. Though how MS talked about the SoC side it sounds like we would see quad core quite soon. Maybe by Q1 or Q2 in 2013.
For now MS has put it's effort to optimizing WP8 to dual core MSM8960 plus Adreno 225. Seen on all top end phones by the 4 launch manufacturers.

Qualcomm confirms the SoC found from the launch WP8 devices (MSM8960, Adreno 225) | nokiagadgets.com

Last edited:

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
thinking about switching from ATT to Verizon in the fall (Verizon has better service where i'm at plus 4g...ATT not so much). I would love to see a HTC 4g Titan 3 for Verizon...or any Windows 8 4g phone would be great. My little Focus has been a good phone but i'm seriously ready to upgrade to Windows 8.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Sprint was the first carrier to use the term "4G" to describe it's WiMax network. HSPA+ is/was significantly faster than WiMax so it was fair to call it "4G" at the time. ("WiMax" at its current state is slower than 3G. Sprint remains the slowest network by far.)

HTC has one quad-core leaked but is a direct OneX Copy.
That is untrue.

The One X uses a quad core Tegra 3 SoC (or dual core Snapdragon S4 for the AT&T version). Windows Phone only supports Qualcomm Snapdragon SoCs. (This was publicly announced. The only change is now it supports the entire S4 lineup vs previously only one chip in the S1 and S2 lineups.) The Quad Core, therefore, MUST be a Snapdragon S4 chip.

If you refer to Wikipedia, there does exist a quad core Snapdragon S4 chip. This means that the upcoming phone will have 4 Krait processors. A Krait core is a ARM Cortex-A15. Tegra 3 currently uses ARM-Cortex A9 cores. That means that the chip in the "Titan III" will be a next gen chip. It is comparable to a One S with two additional cores and it should be expected to be twice as fast as anything currently on the market.

I don't want to get anyone too excited, though; because, this is a future release. Android is bound to have something comparable by then. At least Windows Phone isn't playing catchup.

PROOF:
Zenith: The Zenith will be the upper end model featuring a 4.7" 720p Super LCD 2 screen, 8mp camera with 1080p video capture, 42Mbps HSPA+, and a quad-core Qualcomm processor.
http://www.windowscentral.com/htc-windows-phone-8-specs-leaked-three-new-phones

Last edited:

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
They have already announced that WP8 will be using the Snapdragon S4+ at launch. The S4 is the ONLY SOC that has integrated LTE (Tegra still doesn't have an integrated LTE chipset for the Tegra 3). You can bet that the ATT and Verizon WP8 will be LTE (Verizon has already announced that it will no longer have new non-LTE handsets). That is one of the reasons that everyone is betting that the iPhone 5 will be LTE (and probably NFC also).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers