My take on the Nokia Prototype

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
So since the leak I keep thinking about the pictures.

I just need to tell everyone-I think this one is real.

Go to: Unreleased Nokia prototype Windows Phone shown running latest OS | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews for comparison

Why? Well for sure it's not a Lumia 900. Look at the earpiece.

But...look towards the bottom. And here's my supporting story:

1. The buttons are above where the housing and the screen-much like the 900

2. Notice the little letters? I'm guessing it says proto.nokia.com

3. If you go to proto.nokia.com and read the rules it states that all prototypes must be kept in a case.

And...for the "old windows button"; remember the HTC Omega? It turned into the HTC Radar a few days after a leak? Well, the first leak was an image of the back. Etched was "Windows Phone" with the NEW logo. The next day, another image surfaced. This one had the OLD logo. Remember that HTC announced the device the next day in London (if I remember correctly).

Tell me what you think. I'm really sticking with this one and my HTC Titan III for Verizon prediction.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm also sure it's real.

No idea why are people spotting things like old Windows logo. Has anybody seen phone protos before? i Mean SeaRay (Lumia 800) had no front buttons at all on the leaked Elop presentation in Nokia HQ, it used it's daddy (N9) pure design with bigger screen and no WP front buttons at all.
It's a hardware proto possibly before even final Windows 8 logo.

Like it's now written on WPcentral concerning Nokia Innovations post about it being Lumia 800 successor would be great. Lumia 900 design to me always felt very poor compared to Lumia 800 event with the less wasted space. That flat, raised screen on 900 was far from the elegance of N9's strongly curved screen that integrated to the body.

True N9 design with ~4.3inch screen, 720p Clear Black screen, improved 8-12MP camera and dual core Qualcomm would be yummy.
Also promising for what the Nokia's WP 9xx series phone could be.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
it is an 800 running WP8. we all know there are current lumias out there running WP8 based on app stats. What I want to see is video of the UI to prove that WP8 runs just fine and fluidly on single core hardware and expose 7.8 for the farse it is.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
it is an 800 running WP8. we all know there are current lumias out there running WP8 based on app stats. What I want to see is video of the UI to prove that WP8 runs just fine and fluidly on single core hardware and expose 7.8 for the farse it is.

Proportions wise that's not even close to Lumia 800. Have you seen Lumia 800 (coming from Lumia 800 owner)? Lumia 800 is small and narrow with strongly curved screen melting to the sides.

2011-10-26-img1512.jpg

Lumia-900-prototype_1.jpg

How the screen is positioned is different, camera key is lower on Phi, ear piece is different design and in a different place, poly body doesn't hug the sides as much as on Phi.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
eh well it is cut from the same cloth as an 800, and the logo infers old tech, aka single core device. again, I want to see a video of this thing running and dive into the settings to see what is behind it.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait to see what they have in store for wp8. I hope someone does a device that is 5", I'm so used to the screen size on the Dell streak I can't really see myself going too much smaller in size

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'd love a fairly thin 4.3" device from Nokia on Verizon. I'm selling my Galaxy Nexus in preparation for the new WP8 phones. Just have to find a buyer.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett