Good vs Bad...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Exclusive Lumia 820 and 920 thread...(u can be specific about each device)

You loved vs You hated!

I loved: The sleek new avatar, colours, the OS of course.

I hated: The specs are slightly mediocre in this day and age don't ya think...

Again, it just a question.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the specs are fine, the only thing that bothers me is I can't decide between white or red.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, if its specs you want you are using the wrong OS.

My friend, I have been using a Flagship phone by Moto. With good specs. And believe me, this OS, Android, doesn't deserve this hardware. It is 1.2 GHz, dual core, and IT STILL LAGS.

The reasons I wrote that was since there are other phones that have had these specs a while ago. And since the people have already seen quad cores, announcing a dual core NOW, is like slightly taking a step backwards. I could be wrong.

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
820:
+ microSD support
+ changeable cover
+ 4.3 screen size
+ NFC
+ wireless charging
+ removeable battery
- 800x480 screen
- 8gb on board storage

920:
+ image stabilzation +1000
+ same footprint as my 900
- 2000mh battery...was expecting 2400mh+
- no microSD support

BOTH:
- no pricing
- no carrier
- no release date

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
820:
+ microSD support
+ changeable cover
+ 4.3 screen size
+ NFC
+ wireless charging
+ removeable battery
- 800x480 screen
- 8gb on board storage

920:
+ image stabilzation +1000
+ same footprint as my 900
- 2000mh battery...was expecting 2400mh+
- no microSD support

BOTH:
- no pricing
- no carrier
- no release date

YOu just wrote from the spec sheet. But what did u personally like and dislike?

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
YOu just wrote from the spec sheet. But what did u personally like and dislike?

I really liked the curved glass on the 920 and thought it was a missing ingredient from the 900/N9 models.

I don't like the glossy finish on the phones. I would be wiping fingerprints every other day, plus I think a matte finish looks more high-end

I would have preferred a more subdued/muted color like they did with the N8 series
nokia_n8_img_1.jpg

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, did the leaks kill it somewhere??

I think Samsung beating them to the punch with the Ativ S unveil killed a lot of the excitement. If it hadn't been for the Ativ S, we'd be fawning over the high-res screen and dual-core processor of the 920. But now we're looking at something with equal or lesser specs to a Samsung phone we saw last week.

Also, regarding the 8 megapixel "Pureview"...in the epic words from Top Gun, "Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash."

Finally, where's the cyan?! That was the best Lumia 900 color.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
My only concern is if it (920) will be too bulky coming from my 800. On the other hand I would love that big screen.

For the 820 I don't care much for the pop on back covers...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Loved:
Optical Image Stabilization for smooth video and great night photography (even WITHOUT flash!)
PureMotion display. Most touch sensitive and a refresh rate that is twice as good, reducing blur
SmartShoot - Photo Bombers have been pwn3d
Cinemagraph - add animation to pics. Hello Harry Potter albums!
Wireless charging - and deals with Virgin and Coffee Bean. Love to just lay phone on table at coffee bean and have phone charging
NFC - touch the phone to JBL speaker or headphones to link them

Dislikes (not hate):
No SD card expansion for the 920.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Loved:
+The much improved camera on the 920 with the motion control and all that.
+The higher res screen
+The lovely curved glass that 800 owners got but 900 owners didn't before
+More onboard memory
+More RAM
+Dual-core processor (which will make no difference in normal use, but should allow for some more capable apps, better games)

Hated:
- The damn glossy finish. Looks like cheap Samsung crap. That is pretty close to a dealbreaker all by itself for me. Nokia needs to go back to the much more practical and classy matte finish.

-The flagship phone is even bigger and heavier than the L900 I have now, at a time when I am questioning whether or not I want a huge roofing tile in my pocket all day. I want to see a premium, smaller phone from Nokia, not just cheap decontented ones. Make a true iPhone competitor in the the slim 4"-4.1" size factor, but with better than 800x480 resolution.

Overall, a really nice effort on their part, but I'm not in the market for another phone for 18 months, so this is just a blip on the radar for me. There will be much better choices out by the time I have an upgrade available. I just hope they aren't all gigantic 4.8" screened monsters wrapped in glossy plastic, otherwise I might be getting an iPhone 5 instead. :blush:

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Are all the 920 colors glossy? I read on engadget that the gray and black cases have a matte finish...

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Why did Nokia not put a microSD slot in the 920???

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Their spokesman on the subject said they did not want to defile the cse. I can somewhat understand it and while it would be nice to have its not a big deal to me with the 32GB of storage memory. I think they cold have kept the same size and put it somewhere in a manner just like the sim card tray.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Liked: upcoming Nokia apps, features, camera technology, and the hands on view

Disliked: the rehashed look and no wp8 goodness

Hated: being able to come here and look at who replied last and know the context of their post before entering, and to once again have another event be ruined by redundant posters who think we didn't hear them the first time they said they weren't pleased

jusdis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Their spokesman on the subject said they did not want to defile the cse. I can somewhat understand it and while it would be nice to have its not a big deal to me with the 32GB of storage memory. I think they cold have kept the same size and put it somewhere in a manner just like the sim card tray.

I'm about 98% sure that this is because of Skydrive. Who's going to use SkyDrive if they have a sd card.

Now before anyone says "well what about the Ativ?" I think Samsung had a little more leverage than Nokia. Nokia NEEDS Microsoft right now. Samsung has Android on lock. If Microsoft told them "no removable memory" they could have just said "Pass, we've got Android anyways. We dont really need you Microsoft"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)