Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By power5

Read this on Forbes

Apple Fans Would Swoon for Nokia's Lumia 920 -- If it Were an iPhone

Apple Fans Would Swoon for Nokia's Lumia 920 -- If it Were an iPhone - Forbes

iPhone is good .. but competition is better for all consumers ... and the 920 has all the bells and whistles ...

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    If the Lumia 920 had all those apps the iphone does I would soon too. Apple will really had to screw up their Iphone 5 for people to lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    If the Lumia 920 had all those apps the iphone does I would soon too. Apple will really had to screw up their Iphone 5 for people to lose interest.
    But if there is no competition.. we (consumers) will be screwed big time .. I bought Titan 2 to try something different .. and i like the OS .. I miss only chase bank app .. and in the last 2 months all the apps that were initially missed are now available ... If 920 demo is anything to go by ..then we dont even need Instagram and other Photo apps ...

Competition .. competition .. and more ... specially now .. since WP8 is as good .. if not better than iOS and Android.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    WP8 can caught up in specs and features right now and will still not be better than IOS and Android until we have all the apps. Developers don't take us seriously, where's Angry Birds Space?

Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    Great article
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

Global Posts
    1,448 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wpnewbie View Post
    But if there is no competition.. we (consumers) will be screwed big time .. I bought Titan 2 to try something different .. and i like the OS .. I miss only chase bank app .. and in the last 2 months all the apps that were initially missed are now available ... If 920 demo is anything to go by ..then we dont even need Instagram and other Photo apps ...

Competition .. competition .. and more ... specially now .. since WP8 is as good .. if not better than iOS and Android.
    I agree. I am not an app *****. I just wish my bank, PNC, had a wp app. When I signed up a year and a half ago, it was "coming soon". Still not out.

There are a bunch more kids games on iOS than WP and that is a big miss for me. My kids need some distraction at times, like airplanes, and I basically only have angry birds for them. No quality kids educational games.
    cckgz4 likes this.

Apps are important to many people, even if they don't use that many. They just like knowing that they're there. And often times, like with banking apps, all it takes is that one app's availability to make a decision for them.

That's why Microsoft's strategy with unifying the cores of Windows Phone and Windows 8 was so important.

MS knows that Windows 8 will sell millions and millions. Even a "bad" Windows 8 launch would still sell many many millions.

Devs know this, and they want to design apps that appeal to a large base.

Because of the shared cores, and a very similar development environment, WinRT apps will be able to be ported to WP8 fairly easily. This will cause a huge jump in developer support, and in return, a huge jump in app availability.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    WP8 can caught up in specs and features right now and will still not be better than IOS and Android until we have all the apps. Developers don't take us seriously, where's Angry Birds Space?
    Angry Birds Space will be on WP8.