Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By geekmaster
  • 1 Post By Mitlov

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts

Hey guys I saw this render and it has the giant clock on top. Which tones of people love. like what is on HTC sense. Do you think this is a good solution?

It's using the HTC sense like UI but it's looks like Wp8 without the lag of the android HTC sense. I think this a good solution. Samsung should do this but make it look like stock wp8. This is how to make everybody happy. use a wp8 like UI with their touchwiz or sense skin but make it look exactly like stock wp8 without the lag. without making the OEMs and consumer happy. These features will likely find the difference between other Wps
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 09-08-2012 at 02:34 AM.
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    Click to view quoted image

Hey guys I saw this render and it has the giant clock on top. Which tones of people love. like what is on HTC sense. Do you think this is a good solution?

It's using the HTC sense Skin but it's looks like Wp8. I think this a good solution. Samsung should do this but make it look like stock wp8
    agreed for the most part but it would have been cool if there was also a traditional analog clock to the side of the digital one. The option to show and update multiple time zones would be nice. And for added style add a second counter :D
    Windows phone 8. Born in the year of our lord twenty twelve
    12Danny123 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
    agreed for the most part but it would have been cool if there was also a traditional analog clock to the side of the digital one. The option to show and update multiple time zones would be nice. And for added style add a second counter :D
    Should it be a live tile displaying the weather and the weather landscape in certain places or a a tile like the pictures hub tile. gives a preview of the weather and the landscape in the background in certain places?

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

That's not a skin, that's just a double-wide live tile for the HTC Hub. I think it's an effective way of giving the phone a "skin-like" feel without the inevitable lag that comes from an OEM modifying an OS...particularly for [edit]HTC[/edit] whose signature look is a giant clock up top. Kind of makes you wonder why they didn't always do the HTC Hub live tile this way (in WP7 the HTC Hub's live tile is a weather app with no clock, and the app itself contains weather and stocks and an RSS reader).
    Last edited by Mitlov; 09-08-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: brain fart
    Loyal first and foremost to a carrier (US Cellular). Open to either a Lumia 820, or an HTC 8X, or an Ativ S.
    12Danny123 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitlov View Post
    That's not a skin, that's just a double-wide live tile for the HTC Hub. I think it's an effective way of giving the phone a "skin-like" feel without the inevitable lag that comes from an OEM modifying an OS...particularly for Nokia whose signature look is a giant clock up top. Kind of makes you wonder why they didn't always do the HTC Hub live tile this way (in WP7 the HTC Hub's live tile is a weather app with no clock, and the app itself contains weather and stocks and an RSS reader).
    I agree it's a very good solution getting some features from skins but applying it on stock wp8 without the lag. The reason they didn't do this is because MS didn't let them and the tiles will be too small to fix the giant clock

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    I've wondered for a long time now why the HTC Hub tile didn't function the way this render depicts. It could use a front as pictured, a back for some user-chosen function (weather, news, whatever), and with WP8 it could be resized to normal or small and display an Analog version of the clock. Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

It would follow the rules and spirit of the metro design philosophy AND still give HTC Users the customization options they've had from Sense.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I like it, That clock is what differentiates HTC home screen from other devices. It looks cool, it looks HTC and you can remove it. I approve of everything there.

Global Posts
    2,148 Global Posts
    I like it. Manufacturers need a way to visually differentiate themselves, not just by their hardware. Like GoodThings said, this follows the metro---err, I mean Modern UI--- principles and it sets the phone apart from others.
    Lumia 635

Definitely a plus. I was actually dissappointed that the HTC Hub tile in WP7.5 didn't have a clock included.

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Woll View Post
    Definitely a plus. I was actually dissappointed that the HTC Hub tile in WP7.5 didn't have a clock included.
    I think the reason was because the tiles were too small

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

I think it's pretty cool, would be great for the OEMs to do something unique to their HUBs, which I'm sure HTC, could really put their mark on it, as their used to doing.

Quote Originally Posted by 12Danny123 View Post
    I think the reason was because the tiles were too small
    There's plenty of room for it to be a clock in WP7. It's a double-size tile; plenty of room for big numbers. As it is, about 3/4 of it is an illustration of the current weather and 1/4 of it is current temp, high for the day, and low for the day.
    Loyal first and foremost to a carrier (US Cellular). Open to either a Lumia 820, or an HTC 8X, or an Ativ S.

I hope it doesn't update every 30 minutes :P
    Hah! Good point, which may be the bigger reason why they haven't done that yet. Perhaps having the tile update in real time for a clock is the challenge.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I've always found clock widgets when the clock is elsewhere on the screen to be redundant, but a lot of people seem to like it, and if it allows OEMs to differentiate a bit, what's the harm? It's not like all OEMs can differentiate by pouring money into hardware specific to Windows Phone as Nokia can/has to. Another thing to note us that the OEM skins on Android have been getting less intrusive, so it's not like the idea of whittling down the things that make their experiences distinct is new to them at this point.