Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By odin09
  • 2 Post By brmiller1976

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I have the LG Optimus 7, and am extremely happy with it as a device. It has superhuman strenghth - past Nokia levels, the screen shows whites brilliantly, but most of all I love the physical buttons.

I don't need a flagship, I just need an option. Even if it has pretty poor physical buttons like the Lumia 710, I'd take it. I can wait a few months, after all Windows 8 and a new hybrid will be taking a lot out of my budget - but does anyone make smartphones with physical buttons anymore?

And if they do, will we see them running Windows Phone 8?
    If Nokia ever decides to bring the 808 design to WP, the existing device already has a 3-button rocker identical in size and shape to the 710, albeit with different functions, so it wouldn't be a stretch.

Samsung Ativ S has a physical button, doesnt it?

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I dont know if this counts but Im holding out until the next side sliding keyboard come out. The top dosent need to have buttons to me.

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steephill View Post
    Samsung Ativ S has a physical button, doesnt it?
    Yeah, but only the home button I think?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Personally, I'm not a huge fan of physical buttons as they are just another mechanical part that can fail. I like the capacitive buttons that are currently used and even prefer onscreen buttons over physical ones.

Since having just the touchscreen I can't even use physical buttons anymore. When I use my wife's phone it is awkward.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    alpinestars1z likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The upcoming HTC phones will have physical buttons... a physical power on/off button, a physical volume rocker, and a physical camera button. :D

Global Posts
    2,090 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odin09 View Post
    Since having just the touchscreen I can't even use physical buttons anymore. When I use my wife's phone it is awkward.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    It's like using a hardware keyboard. When typing on a phone with a hardware keyboard (being used a touchscreen) my thumbs feel weak.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

I upgraded to a Samsung ativ s from my old trusty Optimus 7. It's a beauty of a phone, but it does bother me that the physical buttons are not there, except for home. I keep hitting the back arrow. You don't even have to touch it and it goes back. Drives me crazy. Also, not sure if it just me, but I feel like I could type better with the optimum 7 keyboard.

Didn't notice how old this thread was

Global Posts
    32,264 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by flower_petals View Post
    Didn't notice how old this thread was
    That's ok. It looks like you found it while searching.

In any event, welcome to WPCentral. I'm sure you'll get used to the Samsung Ativ S quickly. I was a former BlackBerry user.