Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I was in the mall this weekend and checked out the iphone 5 in the Apple store and even more disappointed after holding/testing a real one in my hand.

I turned around and checked out the AT&T store a few yards away and chatted with the sales lady. I was expecting some diplomatic answers when I asked when 920 will be available in the store and was really surprised when the lady gave me a firm and straight answer, "Oct 21th". I almost dropped the Lumia 900 I was playing in my hand, I asked again, and the lady told me that's what she was told. I then asked "do you know the price", she said "sorry, that we don't know yet"

So, looks like Oct 21th it is..., cheer up and a few more weeks!

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I hope that's true. I want to see if the camera holds up and if it's really coming for mobile.
    I sure as heck hope so!! :)

This is the phone I want most
    Isn't Oct 21st the date from the leaked document?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

one more source to prove it...

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    First post.. I'm a long time apple fanboy.. I'm making a switch over to windows phone for something different. Now I hope this is the date which is 3 days after my current contract is up. How is it though? Windows phone 8 is making a big event October 26th? Why would they release the lumia 920 a week early?
    Reflexx likes this.

Global Posts
    661 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell11 View Post
    First post.. I'm a long time apple fanboy.. I'm making a switch over to windows phone for something different. Now I hope this is the date which is 3 days after my current contract is up. How is it though? Windows phone 8 is making a big event October 26th? Why would they release the lumia 920 a week early?
    That's probably the most reasonable argument against an Oct 21 release date. I hope it's true, but the timing does seem too early.
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Palm Tungsten T > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Hero > Palm Pre > iPhone 4 > LG Quantum > Nokia Lumia 920 > iPhone 5S
    It's not unusual for companies (especially Microsoft) to release the product before the launch event. In fact, they do it often.

But, more likely is the 21st is pre-order date.

I want to wait until any Black Friday sales. But I don't know if I'm going to be capable of doing that.

I know it's only a month extra wait time for perhaps a $50-$100 savings... but man, I feel so impatient.

Or if I wait and there isn't a Black Friday sale I'll be kicking myself! :lol:

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    It's not unusual for companies (especially Microsoft) to release the product before the launch event. In fact, they do it often.

But, more likely is the 21st is pre-order date.
    That sounds more logical.. I can't wait.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russell11 View Post
    I agree with others, I think its a preorder date. My bet is that October 21 will be THE WP8 pre-order date. I'd guess that MS will do some kind of announcement detailing all WP8 features not too long before that before having the launch party. They'll likely announce pre-orders then.

OR AT&T may get to launch a week in advance with Nokia as a reward for AT&T being their most loyal carrier and Nokia being their loyal OEM. That would make sense, to give Nokia and AT&T a week head start.

And welcome! I was a switcher from Windows to Mac, then I switched back. Windows Phone is my first smartphone. It's the only platform that actually made me want a smartphone when I used it. I was reminded by that tonight as I was hanging out with friends and they all had to open FB apps. They began to wonder how I was doing things so quickly - my l'il old Trophy working circles around these dual core phones. Lots of oohs and ahhs - then I showed them the Nokia 920 and the HTC 8X pics.

It only takes seeing and briefly playing with Windows Phone to fall in love with it. And now they've got some terrific lookers on the way too.

Global Posts
    1,741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    I want to wait until any Black Friday sales. But I don't know if I'm going to be capable of doing that.

I know it's only a month extra wait time for perhaps a $50-$100 savings... but man, I feel so impatient.

Or if I wait and there isn't a Black Friday sale I'll be kicking myself! :lol:
    How much is your time worth? You can easily get $50 - $100 enjoyment out of your phone in a month, so why wait. Expierence all the new stuff with us at launch! :)

Quote Originally Posted by TK093 View Post
    How much is your time worth? You can easily get $50 - $100 enjoyment out of your phone in a month, so why wait. Expierence all the new stuff with us at launch! :)
    You should be a salesman. :)

Global Posts
    1,741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
    You should be a salesman. :)
    Ha! I did work at Staples during my college years. I did ok... :)

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Store sales people are not exactly reliable sources of information. They probably saw the same document we did, on the internet, and assumed it meant it would be for sale on the 21st. Nothing has been announced, so don't get your hopes up.

We know when the announcement will be, and we know what month HTC will be selling their devices, we know the Lumia is a launch device alongside HTC's offerings... So if you ask me the phone won't be hitting the shelves until November.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diaspar View Post
    I was in the mall this weekend and checked out the iphone 5 in the Apple store and even more disappointed after holding/testing a real one in my hand.

I turned around and checked out the AT&T store a few yards away and chatted with the sales lady. I was expecting some diplomatic answers when I asked when 920 will be available in the store and was really surprised when the lady gave me a firm and straight answer, "Oct 21th". I almost dropped the Lumia 900 I was playing in my hand, I asked again, and the lady told me that's what she was told. I then asked "do you know the price", she said "sorry, that we don't know yet"

So, looks like Oct 21th it is..., cheer up and a few more weeks!
    GFDI! Now we just need a UK release date _ but was it a display model or your personal phone that 900 ya nearly dropped?

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Quote Originally Posted by paladinleeds View Post
    GFDI! Now we just need a UK release date _ but was it a display model or your personal phone that 900 ya nearly dropped?
    nah, it was a 900 display phone. I was checking out how Lumia 900 feels like since it is the similar size and look as the 920. I don't have a WP yet and is switching from my ip4 to 920. Nokia, keep up the good work!
    I think there are now 2, maybe 3 German sites listing the 16th Oct as the date...

We can hope..

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I'll be visiting Berlin between Nov 1-6. I hope I can find a Lumia 920. If not, I'm getting an iPhone 5, even though I don't want to.
    Why would you buy something you don't want just because what you want isn't available at any one moment? That's just impulse buying... I encourage you to exercise patience and restraint.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
    Why would you buy something you don't want just because what you want isn't available at any one moment? That's just impulse buying... I encourage you to exercise patience and restraint.
    Wise wise words, but with no definitive release date it is hard to wait. Once you have made the decision to get shiny new tech, the itch needs scratching quickly

(says the guy who is trying to resist buying a Lumia 800 to tide me over to WP8 release)

To be fair, the 800's are going for ridiculous money over in the UK - 150 sim free in places..

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    So it seems that its 16th October in Germany (more sites has that date) and also in the UK. Don't know about Swedish dates but it has showed up in some stores but no dates (to ridiculous prices but that's normal before we know the actual price).

Anyway it's coming :)
    Audio update is out (unofficially but still) so just now wondering if Telia wants to join the carrier race or if i should change to 3 or tele2..

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I'm super itchin' to buy a new phone but, I can wait. If we know nothing else we know the 920 will be here in November. I can hold out.

Quote Originally Posted by mmacleodbrown View Post
    Wise wise words, but with no definitive release date it is hard to wait. Once you have made the decision to get shiny new tech, the itch needs scratching quickly

(says the guy who is trying to resist buying a Lumia 800 to tide me over to WP8 release)

To be fair, the 800's are going for ridiculous money over in the UK - 150 sim free in places..
    I would hope that the release date is out at the minimum by the 16th of October. If not, I won't wait much longer either.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast