Could MS phone be XBOX phone?

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So today we get news from wpcentral that MS is working on a phone. In the story, Daniel writes: "The only thing we do know is when compared to current WP8 hardware it?s something unique"

Could MSoft be making an XBOX phone? Something like the phone Sony made for playstation? Or perhaps they want to integrate Kinect technology somehow into the phone?

I hope it is something unique like that, otherwise, I am not sure how MS can do this without undermining Nokia.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Why is everyone so buttloved to Nokia? It's called business. How about we start talking smack about Nokia for laying off 13,000. At least that has common man merit.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why is everyone so buttloved to Nokia? It's called business. How about we start talking smack about Nokia for laying off 13,000. At least that has common man merit.

Actually your right, why not? Lets start a topic on that .

And what is the Xbox phone going to do? Play the same games from the market place or is it going to have some annoying format like umd ( psp )?

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for everyone, but for myself the reason I express concern about Nokia is that Windows Phone needs Nokia to do well! If Nokia--the largest WP8 OEM--fails, then Windows Phone fails.

I am not concerned only about Nokia, but about MS alienating OEMs of which Nokia is the most important.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
patent-wp7accessories.jpg

This is certainly unique and different from any of the announced WP8 devices, though I wonder what kind of support there will be for the components apart from the keyboard. I'd be pretty happy if Microsoft just made sliders, clearly isn't viable enough for the other companies to push but I'd like the form factor differentiation.

And something that bothers me: the "Surface Phone" renders have the three front-face buttons way too close together. It just looks wrong.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia--the largest WP8 OEM--fails, then Windows Phone fails.
Microsoft's got $86 billion cash. Windows Phones could fail a dozen times and have nothing to worry about. As a matter of fact, it probably already has.

Click to view quoted image

This is certainly unique and different from any of the announced WP8 devices, though I wonder what kind of support there will be for the components apart from the keyboard. I'd be pretty happy if Microsoft just made sliders, clearly isn't viable enough for the other companies to push but I'd like the form factor differentiation.
That concept sketch looks thick and gimmicky. "Dislike".

On the other hand, that little drawer could be great for storing eyeshadow palette or face powder.

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I used to hope for a Zune phone, but that name is going away. Xbox I could see.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

And something that bothers me: the "Surface Phone" renders have the three front-face buttons way too close together. It just looks wrong.

PLEASE BRING THAT PHONE TO FRUITION! I would love that particular phone, if it was well made.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
? WP7/WP8 is already the xbox phone... wp7 was originally going to be called the xbox phone BUT it sounded horrid.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Dumb idea like the playstation phone.

Who would write an Xbox phone game, when they could write a wp8 game and sell more?

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

Too many opportunities for failure with this design... Think about it. Connections wearing out, parts getting dinged, etc. looks good on paper, becomes a nightmare in production!

Plus, aren't you all concerned an MS phone would end up like an iPhone??? Over done and boring a few years into production? We need the forward thinking and development of Nokia, HTC and others to keep the physical aspects fresh! Having multiple OEMs gives us, the WP8 users, that opportunity. Something Apple never has done, or will do!

Just my .02!

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Plus, who wants to carry 15 parts to customize their phone? We need an experience all in one. No one wants to have to build their phone "on the fly."

aniym

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
If MS learned anything from Sony's attenpts at a gaming phone with the xperia play they should know that the market does not want to carry around a thick and heavy phone with a cheap SNES style gamepad built into it. Not to mention the fact that a gaming phone must have the capability to play games more graphically advanced than what's currently available on ANY platform to have a chance at success.

Unless they are ready to launch almost full versions of FIFA, CoD and Halo, it will fail.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo