Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Villain
  • 1 Post By Villain

I have yet to see an announcement with the word "Canada" in it, but it seems like we are stuck with Android phones and the iPhone 5...

I thought Rogers would get the Lumia 920, but nothing yet...

I asked Bell mobility, Telus, Rogers and even Videotron
    the only answers I had was, "well you either can get the Samsung Galaxy S3 or wait for the upcoming Android devices"...
    and there was that guy from rogers who met a Microsoft representative and said that he gave informations about the Lumia 900 and WP7.8 but nothing about a phone that could be coming this Fall...

Anything you might know that I don't?

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    Rogers is a sibling company to AT&T so whatever AT&T gets rogers will. Bell mobility said they will be picking up 2 WP8 OEM's and telus also confirmed WP8 as well.
    Simon Tupper likes this.

They should tell their employees because none of them told me that there was a WP8 device on it's way... Some of them told me that they have never heard of WP8...

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Tupper View Post
    They should tell their employees because none of them told me that there was a WP8 device on it's way... Some of them told me that they have never heard of WP8...
    thats why you never speak to store reps.... they usually know the week before.

I worked for rogers tech support and customer care and ya know when we found out about the lumia 900? the same time it was posted on the net lol
    Simon Tupper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    thats why you never speak to store reps.... they usually know the week before.

I worked for rogers tech support and customer care and ya know when we found out about the lumia 900? the same time it was posted on the net lol
    But I find it weird that a Microsoft employee would talk about WP7.8 with Rogers and nothing about upcoming devices...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Tupper View Post
    But I find it weird that a Microsoft employee would talk about WP7.8 with Rogers and nothing about upcoming devices...
    Not really. Microsoft is made of a lot of teams. A guy working on 7.8 could have nothing to do with 8. A totally different team. As 7.8 winds down, you could see some go to support 8 and a few stay behind for legacy support. Or they could move on to what will be WP9. They do it that way with the software OS, don't see it being much different from the phones.

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Bell sounds like they are getting WP8 so I suspect the others will follow suit. Rogers will do the 920 but that is just a guess.

Bell and Rogers both confirmed the HTC 8X, and I've heard that Bell is also getting the 8S.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts
    i think it's safe to say the ATIV S will be on every carrier.... WHICH is why samsung makes the rest of these companies look foolish.

Samsung expects around $7.28 billion in operating profits for Q3, setting another record -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by Villain View Post
    i think it's safe to say the ATIV S will be on every carrier.... WHICH is why samsung makes the rest of these companies look foolish.

Samsung expects around $7.28 billion in operating profits for Q3, setting another record -- Engadget
    Well Sammy built up a solid reputation, you can't go inside a Bell or Rogers store without having a saleman trying sell you a SG3

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    A little birdie tells me that Wind will be getting one of the two HTC 8-series devices.

Global Posts
    461 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iop777 View Post
    Bell and Rogers both confirmed the HTC 8X, and I've heard that Bell is also getting the 8S.
    This article summarizes mostof the Canada related wp8 news:
    http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/06/rogers-to-release-the-samsung-ativ-s-in-november/

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    I think 8X will be pretty wide spread and the Ativ even more so.

**Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express**
    My next phone...