Daily Mobile is reporting that Verizon may outright cancel WP8

NokiaKnowings

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
By debunked you mean someone did believe it?

Here's the article. It is only a rumor, but since Verizon has not announced any devices yet, it makes sense.

Daily Mobile Exclusive! WP8 Phones Could be Delayed or Even Canceled On Verizon | Daily Mobile

Guys listen up I wrote the post and my source wanted to be unnamed because he likes his job at Samsung and really doesn't want to lose it just so I can have a post. Nor do I want to lose him as a source.

I have received more than a few valid "tips" from him in the past couple of years and he has never steered me wrong. I have received carrier info (manly ATT) and lots of good inside info on the worlds 2nd largest phone maker too from him.

Almost EVERY source does not want to be named in post so just to sweep it to the side because I don't want to out my source seems to be short sided at best. I really didn't want this to be true since even a delay would hurt Nokia greatly however I just report what I know. How about we just watch what happens and than we can judge if my source is good or not? ;)

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I guess we shall see. My friends training is definitely still on so most likely it's a small setback if anything. If something drastic happens I guess I'm off to sprint and the gs3.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
ROFL.

And now Daniel "I Should Work For TMZ" Rubino posts it on the front page.

when it's a single, un-verified, un-proven source then it's not going to have much credibility here (rightfully so), when additional confirmation comes in then the situation has changed and so they put it up as possible. are you really trying to make this site's handling of this anything more than it is? and if so, why?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that CDMA is a bit of a nightmare to manage.

But I don't believe it's "impossible" to create a CDMA WP8 device, for the simple reason that there are plenty of CDMA WP7 devices.

ironsoulreaver

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I was reading in another forum that there were similar issues with the HTC Trophy that delayed it's launch. I am wondering if this is a just a rehash of an old rumor and it will remain as such. It is possible though that Microsoft would make the same mistake twice.

I am just trying to be patient and wait until at least the 21st when pre orders go live, Verizon tends to announce phones on their 1st day of pre-orders or the day of availability if no pre orders exist so that sounds like a good point in time to begin to worry. If if the WP8 announcement passes with mum about Verizon I will then begin to really worry and start making plans to move to AT&T. It's not lack of a certain phone that would make me switch, but no WP8 at all would do it. If I was on Sprint I would already be lining everything up to switch to AT&T on launch day, only because Verizon is holding their breath.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I was reading in another forum that there were similar issues with the HTC Trophy that delayed it's launch. I am wondering if this is a just a rehash of an old rumor and it will remain as such. It is possible though that Microsoft would make the same mistake twice.

I am just trying to be patient and wait until at least the 21st when pre orders go live, Verizon tends to announce phones on their 1st day of pre-orders or the day of availability if no pre orders exist so that sounds like a good point in time to begin to worry. If if the WP8 announcement passes with mum about Verizon I will then begin to really worry and start making plans to move to AT&T. It's not lack of a certain phone that would make me switch, but no WP8 at all would do it. If I was on Sprint I would already be lining everything up to switch to AT&T on launch day, only because Verizon is holding their breath.

That pretty much describes where I'm at.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Its funny people said it was debunked. Yet it appears on the front page. What make someone from WPC sources more credible that others.

I hear the problem is over the "CarrierIQ" type software that Verizon wants to install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion