Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
    Rumors about tonight fellas? thought I'd update this thread just in case a miracle happens. lol

Well, supposedly pre-orders will open up online at 1am EST. That's only 11 for me, so I'll check out their site tonight and see what's up.

It would also be nice if HTC updated their U.S. site to show the different carriers, colors, color availability etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    Well, supposedly pre-orders will open up online at 1am EST. That's only 11 for me, so I'll check out their site tonight and see what's up.

It would also be nice if HTC updated their U.S. site to show the different carriers, colors, color availability etc.
    That's very interesting. I'll be at work until 3:00am anyway, so I'll be keeping an eye open myself.

A hypothetical for you: Would anyone jump on the 822 if it were ~$399 off contract? I may. I'm curious how Verizon and Nokia will price it after AT&T's price.

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    A hypothetical for you: Would anyone jump on the 822 if it were ~$399 off contract? I may. I'm curious how Verizon and Nokia will price it after AT&T's price.
    I'd almost definitely give it a shot if it came out at $400 off contract and the 8X was the rumored $650 full retail. I'm eligible for an upgrade in 11 months so it's not like I'd have too long to wait to get another device.

I don't see anything yet. Hopefully it will be up by morning. At this point though, who knows?

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaethos View Post
    I don't see anything yet. Hopefully it will be up by morning. At this point though, who knows?

Well 1AM wasn't right..

Now people are saying it was pushed back a day to tomorrow. I don't know why I keep getting my hopes up.

From here:
    Windows Phone 8 - 4G LTE Network

UPDATE: The Windows Phone 8X by HTC and the Nokia Lumia 822 will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow, November 9, at 1am ET.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keithnet View Post
    From here:
    Windows Phone 8 - 4G LTE Network

UPDATE: The Windows Phone 8X by HTC and the Nokia Lumia 822 will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow, November 9, at 1am ET.
    Did I overlook it or is there no shipping date in there?

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    Did I overlook it or is there no shipping date in there?

Correct. Looks like they are still sticking the original release info which says "by Thanksgiving". Hopefully rumors of release on 11/12 or 11/15 are true.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keithnet View Post
    Correct. Looks like they are still sticking the original release info which says "by Thanksgiving". Hopefully rumors of release on 11/12 or 11/15 are true.

So which is the more preferred phone? The iX or 822? I've heard the 8X has some quality issues?

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    So which is the more preferred phone? The iX or 822? I've heard the 8X has some quality issues?
    The more I look at the 822, the more I think it's a harder choice.

Are you a person who will get a phone in a 2 year contract and keep it for the 20 months until you can get a new one?

If so, then the 822 might be tempting. It has a bigger battery then the 820 (1800mAh, same as the 8X, no?) It is also a removable battery so if it starts to fail you can get a new one. The 8X does not have that option.

The 822 also has removable storage. If you think that 16GB (12-13 available) is enough for you for 2 years, then this is not a factor. If not, then point 822.

The big hangup for me is the screen.. Only 800x400, but I'm starting to wonder if that will give it superior battery life over a 720 screen of the 8X since the screen is a big battery drainer... Anybody know?

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to talk myself into the 822....
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    The more I look at the 822, the more I think it's a harder choice.

Are you a person who will get a phone in a 2 year contract and keep it for the 20 months until you can get a new one?

If so, then the 822 might be tempting. It has a bigger battery then the 820 (1800mAh, same as the 8X, no?) It is also a removable battery so if it starts to fail you can get a new one. The 8X does not have that option.

The 822 also has removable storage. If you think that 16GB (12-13 available) is enough for you for 2 years, then this is not a factor. If not, then point 822.

The big hangup for me is the screen.. Only 800x400, but I'm starting to wonder if that will give it superior battery life over a 720 screen of the 8X since the screen is a big battery drainer... Anybody know?

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to talk myself into the 822....
    I did the same. lol. The screen might not pop but it's still color and heck, a lil over a year ago it was considered a very nice screen. I can deal with the screen is what I'm saying. The blacks will actually be darker than the 920 as well so the high contrast should look sweet.

I'll be ordering my parents Lumia 822s: black for my dad and grey for my mom(she didn't like the white version). Can't wait to pre-order them tonight at 1am EST.

The 822's screen resolution 800x400 pixels on a 4.3 inch screen isn't bad at all. I currently use an HTC Trophy on Verizon but have a Lumia 900 which I use on wi-fi as a multimedia device. The Lumia 900 also has a 4.3 in. 800x400 screen. I'm currently looking at it and it looks great. The camera is also the same camera as the 900, which takes nice pictures. Certainly not as nice as the 920 in lowlight/no flash, but daylight and pictures with flash come out very well.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    Does anybody know of a possible release date now?

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    Does anybody know of a possible release date now?
    Some people have still said next Thursday, but so far I've not seen any official proof.

Once it goes live on their page there should be a date listed by each device.

For example, if you go here: Set Your Location You will see they have delay dates by the iPhone and the Galaxy Note II. Pre-order devices should display a date. When I check at midnight tonight, I'm hoping it says 11/15.

Global Posts
    1,041 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Some people have still said next Thursday, but so far I've not seen any official proof.

Once it goes live on their page there should be a date listed by each device.

For example, if you go here: Set Your Location You will see they have delay dates by the iPhone and the Galaxy Note II. Pre-order devices should display a date. When I check at midnight tonight, I'm hoping it says 11/15.
    I wouldn't complain if the date was before 11/15
    tk-093 and fierywater like this.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    822 and 8x live on Verizons website... Ships by 11/13.

where the 822 section?

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Anyone that works at VZW -

Do you know if the HTC 8X is listed as an "iconic" device? Talked to sales yesterday, she was pushing the 8x hard on me... but she said that iconic devices like the galaxy nexus, galaxy s3 and the iphone are not abled to be billed to the account. I have always billed the hardware to my account and everything. just easier for me and my place of business. if they dont let me bill to the account, might be a problem for me. Thanks in advance for any info.

Ohh Decisions. Do I get the 822, or wait for the Samsung which looks OH such much better. Only have one shot at this....

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
    Ohh Decisions. Do I get the 822, or wait for the Samsung which looks OH such much better. Only have one shot at this....
    I am in the same boat as you but with the 8X. I know HTC makes some quality hardware, but not having expandable storage on a new operating system that I have yet to use makes me question how far <16GB will get me. On the other hand, if the Odyssey is in any way similar to the crap my wife's Droid Charge is, I would regret that purchase as well.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
    Will you keep that device for the next 20 months? If so I'd honestly wait to hear more details about the ATIV as hard as that will be. It's a hard choice for sure.
    Thanked by:
    kyderr 
    nwildcat likes this.

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BooMaLiCiOuS View Post
    I am in the same boat as you but with the 8X. I know HTC makes some quality hardware, but not having expandable storage on a new operating system that I have yet to use makes me question how far <16GB will get me. On the other hand, if the Odyssey is in any way similar to the crap my wife's Droid Charge is, I would regret that purchase as well.

The Odyssey should be closer to the GS3, not the Charge. I currently have the GS3 and yeah, I really like everything about it but the OS. Android is fine, I just have Android fatigue and lets face it.. I'm a MS fanboy anyway. :)

The other thing that would bug me about the 8X is the lack of removable battery. In devices like the RAZR Maxx when it has a 3000+ mAh battery that's ok, but when you only have an 1800mAh, non-removable, battery that would probably start to bug me a year or so into the device.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Its all just a crap shoot until we get our sticky fingers on these products.

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperma View Post
    Anyone that works at VZW -

Do you know if the HTC 8X is listed as an "iconic" device? Talked to sales yesterday, she was pushing the 8x hard on me... but she said that iconic devices like the galaxy nexus, galaxy s3 and the iphone are not abled to be billed to the account. I have always billed the hardware to my account and everything. just easier for me and my place of business. if they dont let me bill to the account, might be a problem for me. Thanks in advance for any info.
    I think it has more to do you cant charge a pre order to the account, it has to be charged to a card...I dont work from verizon but this is what my corporate rep told me as I pre ordered the 822 today (same specs as the 8x, except screen but has removable storage). By the way on the screen thing, I know the resolution isnt as great as some other devices, but with it being a nokia black screen the higher saturation should make this a lot more bearable, just my two cents.
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast