Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

I just got an email from Verizon.

You can view it online here: https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/fo...6537xEf6beQ8wf

Important information about your HTC Accord order.

Congratulations and thank you for your HTC Accord order. We know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new device.

We regret to inform you that your HTC Accord was not shipped as scheduled on November 13, 2012. You will receive a shipping confirmation email that will include your final shipping date.

We are working hard to get your HTC Accord to you and apologize for any inconvenience. As a token of appreciation for your understanding please enjoy 30% off the case of your choice. Offer is valid through December 14, 2012.

Shop for your case at vzw.com, or in our stores, and use your offer today.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your mobile communications provider.

Was wondering what the heck an Accord was until I Google'd around and discovered it's the 8X.

I ordered a red one, if that is any indication. I was expecting to get mine late next week, but if I get it before then, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I hate my Incredible (1st gen) now and can't wait to switch over to the new ecosystem (I just got a Surface last week too!).

Quote Originally Posted by subkamran View Post
    I just got an email from Verizon.

You can view it online here: https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/fo...6537xEf6beQ8wf
    Important information about your HTC Accord order.

Congratulations and thank you for your HTC Accord order. We know you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new device.

We regret to inform you that your HTC Accord was not shipped as scheduled on November 13, 2012. You will receive a shipping confirmation email that will include your final shipping date.

We are working hard to get your HTC Accord to you and apologize for any inconvenience. As a token of appreciation for your understanding please enjoy 30% off the case of your choice. Offer is valid through December 14, 2012.

Shop for your case at vzw.com, or in our stores, and use your offer today.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless as your mobile communications provider.
    Was wondering what the heck an Accord was until I Google'd around and discovered it's the 8X.

I ordered a red one, if that is any indication. I was expecting to get mine late next week, but if I get it before then, I'll be pleasantly surprised. I hate my Incredible (1st gen) now and can't wait to switch over to the new ecosystem (I just got a Surface last week too!).
    Sounds about right, VZW's site now says "Will ship by 11/27" for the red version :(
    That sucks guys. Red is the way to go for the 8x.

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    That sucks guys. Red is the way to go for the 8x.
    I know, I live next to a VZW store, so if I wasn't so attached to red, I'd pick one up. Also from Minnesnowtah.
    So, it sounds like the 8X is having similar launch issues as AT&T did. Some stores didn't get the 8X on time, along with some customers. I am wondering if this is connected.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear this. I will check my store tomorrow and see what they've received.

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    A lot of red out of the box.. need to fix that.

I just called a local store and they confirmed the WP8X will be available in store tomorrow.
    She checked on my order status and confirmed the ship date was yesterday, however my credit card wasn't charged and there isn't even a status on shipping.... at all.
    So looks like I'll be calling tomorrow morning to check again and probably cancel my pre-order and buying it in the store..... not cool Verizon....not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Click to view quoted image
    Is that yours?

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    What are you doing with my Trophy? ;):D

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Is that yours?
    Yep. Just got it today. I didn't activate the SIM yet, just used my GS3 SIM.. have not switched over for good yet
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    That looks pretty nice. Is that the gray version?
    Yep. Just got it today. I didn't activate the SIM yet, just used my GS3 SIM.. have not switched over for good yet
    Nice. Thoughts on build quality? Does it feel cheap or substantial?

Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    No, he got black. I'm curious to see the grey, but it appears to be online ordering only.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    That does not surprise me at all.

I will be trying to wait out the kiosk on base at the base exchange to get mine in hopes of a better deal. I am pretty sure he will wave the upgrade fee as well. I could get it as cheap as 75$ tax free after MIR.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corn.chowder View Post
    what are the chances of the 8x being sold out at the stores? do I need to go in the morning before work?

The store i checked in at didnt even have the 8Xs yet. Im still surprised there was a Surface on Display
    I've been burning through over 120 GB of data a month in hopes to get kicked off of my plan for the 920 but if this is solid enough I may stop my crusade. Lol
    Independent, I posted this in the comments section of a story earlier.

Yeah, they announced somewhere around a year ago that they were doing away with unlimited. Then, around the middle of this year, they announced that the only way to keep your unlimited data would be to buy a phone off contract. Shortly after this, upgrades would eliminate unlimited data.

So, [I'm buying a phone off contract to keep unlimited data.]

As for AT&T, though, I've had nothing but terrible service (both as a customer and with their phone service) with them, though, while Verizon has often gone out of their way to fix something. I also am not a fan of how they look at unlimited data, especially publicly. However, I'm sure Verizon feels the same way.

EDIT: Psssst... transfer the discount to your wife's line and upgrade on her line. You'll keep the unlimited.

Basically, Since it sounds like you have two lines on one account, with you on unlimited grandfathered and the other on a "limited" 2 GB plan, you can transfer your upgrade to your wife's phone and still keep unlimited.

What I'm saying is this: upgrade your wife's phone twice. One time using her upgrade, to whatever Windows Phone, and then you transfer your upgrade to her line and upgrade her again. Doesn't matter the features, just take it into a Verizon Store and ask them to activate it. They'll do it.

I promise you that knowing you have unlimited data is worth the hoops, rather than worrying if you'll go over the 2GB. Wish they didn't get rid of it, though.

Hope this helps you and anyone else.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    Independent, I posted this in the comments section of a story earlier.

Yeah, they announced somewhere around a year ago that they were doing away with unlimited. Then, around the middle of this year, they announced that the only way to keep your unlimited data would be to buy a phone off contract. Shortly after this, upgrades would eliminate unlimited data.

So, [I'm buying a phone off contract to keep unlimited data.]

As for AT&T, though, I've had nothing but terrible service (both as a customer and with their phone service) with them, though, while Verizon has often gone out of their way to fix something. I also am not a fan of how they look at unlimited data, especially publicly. However, I'm sure Verizon feels the same way.

EDIT: Psssst... transfer the discount to your wife's line and upgrade on her line. You'll keep the unlimited.

Basically, Since it sounds like you have two lines on one account, with you on unlimited grandfathered and the other on a "limited" 2 GB plan, you can transfer your upgrade to your wife's phone and still keep unlimited.

What I'm saying is this: upgrade your wife's phone twice. One time using her upgrade, to whatever Windows Phone, and then you transfer your upgrade to her line and upgrade her again. Doesn't matter the features, just take it into a Verizon Store and ask them to activate it. They'll do it.

I promise you that knowing you have unlimited data is worth the hoops, rather than worrying if you'll go over the 2GB. Wish they didn't get rid of it, though.

Hope this helps you and anyone else.
    I tried this a few days ago, the website would only let me transfer upgrades to lines already eligible for an upgrade. Wait what ?

Quote Originally Posted by ironsoulreaver View Post
    I tried this a few days ago, the website would only let me transfer upgrades to lines already eligible for an upgrade. Wait what ?
    That's bizarre. Did you ever try calling support?
    It's more the principle of the whole thing. The least they could do is offer those coming off of unlimited data double data to match the other contracts that they are letting people keep. Also, what happens if a guy buys a device, then the cancel his contract, which I feel has a solid chance of happening. It's just a mess that gives no respect to long tenured customers.

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    Black.

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Nice. Thoughts on build quality? Does it feel cheap or substantial?
    That's a hard one for me to decide. I'm pretty laid back and didn't think the GS3 was all that "cheap" feeling. It does feel more solid then the GS3 though. Feels solid. I guess maybe I would compare it to the Galaxy Nexus. The GNex felt solid, yet plastic obviously.

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dakranii View Post
    No, he got black. I'm curious to see the grey, but it appears to be online ordering only.
    I got screwed on the Grey.. We ordered three devices on Friday online through our enterprise account. Two grey one black. They called yesterday and said they didn't have grey only black.. The black does look good though.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    That's bizarre. Did you ever try calling support?
    No I was just curious how it worked. I have 2 of 3 lines eligible for upgrade though.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Just played with the 822 and 8X at a store. I got the 8X due to the screen and camera, but damn did the Lumia 822 ever feel nice. The buttons all had a wonderful reassuring click to them and it felt like it was built like a tank. Best budget phone Verizon has EVER had. If it had a 720p screen I would have been on that like flies on ...honey.