VZW WP8 Update

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Did they have the 820? If so, how was the screen?

As the OP in your quote did, I also when to an AT&T store and compared the 820 to the 8X. This is what made me decide to switch, on top of the few problems that have been reported with reception and battery. Plus, the Nokia apps (which I've never been able to play with before) were pretty fun.

The 820's screen, though not as high of resolution as I'd like, is absolutely vibrant when compared to the 8X. Looking at the 8X with the 820 next to it, with the same theme and apps running, there's no comparison. The 8X looks washed out and the 820 pops. Very vibrant.

Some display enthusiasts may say that it is over saturated, but I personally think it just adds to the wow and pop factor of the phone. Immediately after this, I went home, cancelled my preorder on the 8X and ordered the 822. I know I'll be very happy with this phone until the next "amazing" WP8 phone comes along.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy?

Any idea when Best Buy will have the Nokia 822's in stock? I prefer buying through them to get the 30 Day return policy just in case.

I should still have the same warranty coverage through Verizon assuming I pay the monthly fee, correct?

Also, can Windows 8 Phones be used as 4G hotspots?

THanks in advance everyone.. cant wait to get the 822!

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
As the OP in your quote did, I also when to an AT&T store and compared the 820 to the 8X. This is what made me decide to switch, on top of the few problems that have been reported with reception and battery. Plus, the Nokia apps (which I've never been able to play with before) were pretty fun.

The 820's screen, though not as high of resolution as I'd like, is absolutely vibrant when compared to the 8X. Looking at the 8X with the 820 next to it, with the same theme and apps running, there's no comparison. The 8X looks washed out and the 820 pops. Very vibrant.

Some display enthusiasts may say that it is over saturated, but I personally think it just adds to the wow and pop factor of the phone. Immediately after this, I went home, cancelled my preorder on the 8X and ordered the 822. I know I'll be very happy with this phone until the next "amazing" WP8 phone comes along.

Something was wrong then because the 8X screen is better looking in every way. Also, my 8X has great reception.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just came back from visiting my local Verizon Wireless store. The Reps there had no clue what HTC 8x was and told me that it probably wasn't available for pre order yet. I told him it was shipping out tomorrow and releases on the 15th and he had to check out his computer to verify and was completely surprised about the existence of the product.

Microsoft is doomed on Verizon if this what's going around

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Something was wrong then because the 8X screen is better looking in every way. Also, my 8X has great reception.

I saw the same thing he did when I visited AT&T. The 820's display was more vibrant. Granted, the store had plenty of windows so the room was well lit, but it seems like the 8X washes out in the light. I think it has a lot to due with the AMOLED display. The LCD screen on the 8X just doesn't look as good to me. Still a nice phone, but the 820's AMOLED screen looked better.

psustudent21

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Will the 822's unlocked price come down on Black Friday? I was thinking about buying it unlocked and then waiting until Feb/March to see if Verizon will get a higher end Nokia and then I can just extend my 2 year contract then.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Will the 822's unlocked price come down on Black Friday? I was thinking about buying it unlocked and then waiting until Feb/March to see if Verizon will get a higher end Nokia and then I can just extend my 2 year contract then.

I can't imagine they'd drop the full retail price 1 week after the phone is released. Normally it takes at least a month or two for the price to budge.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I saw the same thing he did when I visited AT&T. The 820's display was more vibrant. Granted, the store had plenty of windows so the room was well lit, but it seems like the 8X washes out in the light. I think it has a lot to due with the AMOLED display. The LCD screen on the 8X just doesn't look as good to me. Still a nice phone, but the 820's AMOLED screen looked better.
Maybe its the Clear Black tech working in the sunlight? In my poorly lit training room the 8X is a bit easier on the eyes, but I agree it Gets stomped out in the sun. My Intuitions screen is impossible to use in the sun.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree I think the screen on the 8 X is much better then they 820 but that's only looking at it in the store I have yet to try it outside. I hope it doesn't get washed out in the sunshine like my trophy.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Some exciting news for Verizon customers, 100% 3G/4G overlap is being bumped up to June 2013. I doubt we'll see any new markets pop up in 2013 until some glorious day in June when we kick on 4G nationwide. Then everyone who got a free iPhone 4 will be pissed.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So talking to a VZW rep.. 8x shipping to stores for Nov 21st launch date. Irritating to say the least. Puts it in direct competition with the Droid DNA which was just announced, and is also available that day. Rep told me to call in on the 21st to process an early upgrade order, although they told me i might have to wait till the 26th to do it. :-/

Wonder if the hurricane caused this?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Some exciting news for Verizon customers, 100% 3G/4G overlap is being bumped up to June 2013. I doubt we'll see any new markets pop up in 2013 until some glorious day in June when we kick on 4G nationwide. Then everyone who got a free iPhone 4 will be pissed.

That will be nice! Hopefully they will improve reception at my house a bit by then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte