Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Training starts mid next week.
    One device from each OEM will be there.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Sweet thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    Man this is good to hear. With all the crappy rumors about VZ sh!t canning the WP8 launch, your post is quite welcoming.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Good to hear. I was REALLY hoping I wouldn't have to resort to the next Nexus device on Verizon. Hopefully we'll get release dates soon enough.

Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Now if we only had a little birdy to tell us which ones :D

One device from each OEM, eh? So....Nokia 822, HTC 8X, and ATIV S???
    ironsoulreaver likes this.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    If true... (Can't really believe a single thing anyone is saying right now) I would expect an announcement by "mid-week" at the latest. I am sure they wouldn't want their employees ruining all the good news.
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Mine is before Thursday. I don't want to get too specific. I would probably expect something. And I forgot Samsung was an OEM. lol. Only two OEMs will be at the training. Management on the conference call today said one is very "stylish" and the other is "solid with great reception."

I can't say this enough. Verizon is taking this very, very seriously. We WANT Windows Phone 8. There's been rumors of it inside the company since the L900 came out and we've known about the Xbox Music rebranding since like, spring.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Thank you Jesus. I was getting afraid.
    db4williams likes this.
    Since your training to be training in guessing my friends training won't be postponed long. Lol. I'm sure he won't hear more until next week.

Global Posts
    933 Global Posts
    ...and I heard they are going to drop the iPhone too. Sorry, but this is not an update. It is a few bits of random information that anyone could say with all of 30 seconds in front of a keyboard. Much like on other sites, you will see the phrase that it is not true without pictures, if you can't cite people, dates, and facts, it is just another internet rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by swyost View Post
    ...and I heard they are going to drop the iPhone too. Sorry, but this is not an update. It is a few bits of random information that anyone could say with all of 30 seconds in front of a keyboard. Much like on other sites, you will see the phrase that it is not true without pictures, if you can't cite people, dates, and facts, it is just another internet rumor.
    then ignore it. Christ on a cracker.

Mine is before Thursday. I don't want to get too specific. I would probably expect something. And I forgot Samsung was an OEM. lol. Only two OEMs will be at the training. Management on the conference call today said one is very "stylish" and the other is "solid with great reception."

I can't say this enough. Verizon is taking this very, very seriously. We WANT Windows Phone 8. There's been rumors of it inside the company since the L900 came out and we've known about the Xbox Music rebranding since like, spring.
    I really appreciate your being as forthcoming as you have been. Thanks for the info you've shared!

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swyost View Post
    He's been around quite a while. It'd be kind of sick and twisted of him to have impersonated a VZW employee for as long as he's been an active member here. I'm not saying it's impossible, but everything he's said in the past makes sense to me. For example, he mentioned an LTE device that looks like the Trophy appearing in internal promotions in early 2012, which matches up with the rumors of a Nokia device that made it into the late stages of production before Verizon unceremoniously killed it. What he said about shared data before the actual shared data plans came out also lined up with how things actually went.

Granted, there's some things that he said that didn't come to pass, but things change and those predictions were generally for things that were going to happen 6+ months out.

I don't think this guy is faking it. I'm not saying to trust him with your life, but I'd say this is at least as reputable as the original source of the rumor we're all talking about.

Edit: Also, thanks Honestabebread for providing this info. Don't run off just because some people are more skeptical than others. :) It's appreciated.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    By the way, in case people wanted further reassurance, Paul Thurrott of WinSuperSite.com posted that the rumor is total BS. https://twitter.com/thurrott/status/259471823782166528

Historically, he's had advance knowledge of quite a few Microsoft-related things, including recent events such as when the first Surface ad would air and when Surface pricing would come out. I don't recall the last time he came out and said something outright that wasn't true.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    The WP8 launch stuff has been barreling forward. There's just been some anger over what transpired with Nokia, but apparently that has been smoothed over. Looks like Verizon will be getting the quadcore Nokia as an exclusive in February or March of next year and is also working on getting the HTC quadcore exclusively too.

Their earnings and subscriber reporting gave them a lot of leverage. But both phones come with guaranteed profitability for HTC and Nokia if they go exclusive - Verizon will guarantee a certain number of handsets sold and will carry insurance to pay out to Nokia and HTC in the off chance they don't reach the goals.

Look for a quad core Lumia with all the 920 features plus increased megapixels from the sensor and microSD support.
    Thanked by:
    Vallos and remindmyself like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MacPhisto View Post
    The WP8 launch stuff has been barreling forward. There's just been some anger over what transpired with Nokia, but apparently that has been smoothed over. Looks like Verizon will be getting the quadcore Nokia as an exclusive in February or March of next year and is also working on getting the HTC quadcore exclusively too.

Their earnings and subscriber reporting gave them a lot of leverage. But both phones come with guaranteed profitability for HTC and Nokia if they go exclusive - Verizon will guarantee a certain number of handsets sold and will carry insurance to pay out to Nokia and HTC in the off chance they don't reach the goals.

Look for a quad core Lumia with all the 920 features plus increased megapixels from the sensor and microSD support.
    Does that mean the rest of the Verizon WP8 launch is still pushed back or not? And February or March?! As much as I really want the 9XX on Verizon, I am not going to be waiting that long. What a mistake by Nokia. They are going to be out on a TON of phone sales because of this.

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Maybe Nokia will go to a 6 month cycle. At&t top phone for 6 months then verizon top phone for 6 months. It would kind of make sense in a strange way. They could satisfy both top carriers and avoid apple's problem of a yearly glut.

They probably have enough camera tweaks and hardware to do the 6 month thing.
    I hope you guys are right. This is the first time I have come close to considering switching to ATT.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Haeven View Post
    I hope you guys are right. This is the first time I have come close to considering switching to ATT.
    Yea Same here!

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

Not sure if Quad Core will matter unless the OS or better yet, the Apps take advantage of it. I know it's being said that AT&T has a 6 month exclusive period, so how does that result in Verizon getting a phone in February or March? That would be 4 months up if you get to Mid-March.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoon24 View Post
    Not sure if Quad Core will matter unless the OS or better yet, the Apps take advantage of it. I know it's being said that AT&T has a 6 month exclusive period, so how does that result in Verizon getting a phone in February or March? That would be 4 months up if you get to Mid-March.
    Simple. It's not Lumia 920 anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by calfee20 View Post
    Maybe Nokia will go to a 6 month cycle. At&t top phone for 6 months then verizon top phone for 6 months. It would kind of make sense in a strange way.
    This goes along the lines of the "Follow the Leader" mentality that has created the so called oligopoly the carries seem to be in.

And I forgot Samsung was an OEM. lol. Only two OEMs will be at the training..
    I feel actually sorta disappointed to hear Samsung won't be there. Maybe there are still some surprises....?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I always forget about Sammy cuz their reception in my area is worthless and we never sell any. The phones we sell never line up with top sales nation wide. We always sell out of Motorola. Barely sold any Nexuses, etc.
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast