Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: How confident are you that the Lumia 920 variant is coming to VZW?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still pretty confident

9 15.52%
  • Eh, I give it a 50% chance

10 17.24%
  • On the last strings of hope

14 24.14%
  • No, it's not coming.

25 43.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    How confident are you that the 9XX is coming?

Considering how we're really close to launch and there is ABSOLUTELY no leaks or anything (besides the Twitter guy, which you can't fully trust), what do you think?
    Not very confident at all. I have more faith in an HTC device.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Not very confident at all. I have more faith in an HTC device.
    Well HTC said officially that the 8X is coming to big red, so it's coming. I'm just wondering now if the 9XX doesn't come, will the ATIV S come to VZW? Hmm.
    I'm not talking about the 8x. I'm talking about a 4.7 inch monster.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    I'm not talking about the 8x. I'm talking about a 4.7 inch monster.
    Titan?

I'm pretty confident its coming. The real question is when.

At launch? As much as I want to believe, its not happening.

In time for the holidays? Better chances, but doubtful.

6 months? this is my bet.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo132 View Post
    I'm pretty confident its coming. The real question is when.

At launch? As much as I want to believe, its not happening.

In time for the holidays? Better chances, but doubtful.

6 months? this is my bet.
    By 6 months there will be better technology in the world of phones. Nokia has lost my money then...

Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    By 6 months there will be better technology in the world of phones. Nokia has lost my money then...
    "exclusive" wouldnt be worth anything any other way.

it will make a pretty fine $50 or $99 on contract phone in 6 months maybe.
    Titan?
    perhaps

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I think they'll get a different "exclusive" phone early in 2013

Gray 920, doesn't show in AT&T exclusive line up
    Also an 822 variant. I would look for both.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hfb3 View Post
    Gray 920, doesn't show in AT&T exclusive line up
    Also an 822 variant. I would look for both.
    The 822 is pretty much coming considering how many leaks. But the 9XX has no leaks or anything, so... :mad:

I don't think one is coming anytime soon. As already noted, that would render the exclusivity granted to AT&T completely meaningless. If they are going to do that, why give them an exclusive deal at all?
    My smartphone history.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    I don't think one is coming anytime soon. As already noted, that would render the exclusivity granted to AT&T completely meaningless. If they are going to do that, why give them an exclusive deal at all?
    So that they could get a load of cash. And also AT&T might not even carry the phones if it wasn't exclusive to them.

How confident are you that the 9XX is coming?

Considering how we're really close to launch and there is ABSOLUTELY no leaks or anything (besides the Twitter guy, which you can't fully trust), what do you think?
    Why do you only want VZW users? Seems to me like it would skew the poll... Of course most WP8 fans want it to come to VZW, but is that really an unbiased opinion?

I'm AT&T and I would LOVE for Big Red to get a 9xx variant. It is better for the whole lot of us. Carrierers don't need to battle, OS' do!

Here is to hoping my VZW brethren get their WP8 of their dreams!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    As far as I know we are getting a high end Nokia when AT&T's deal with Nokia is over. Whether it be a 9xx, a 920 clone or a 1020, who knows.
    I believe the 920 will come out in 6 months, but i dont think it will be flagship anymore. By the time it comes to verizon HTC will have done something better, microsoft could have released a surface phone, and maybe Nokia is already put out an even better phone.

So yes i think it will come, but it wont matter because there will be better options by that time!

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chevans920 View Post
    Why do you only want VZW users? Seems to me like it would skew the poll... Of course most WP8 fans want it to come to VZW, but is that really an unbiased opinion?

I'm AT&T and I would LOVE for Big Red to get a 9xx variant. It is better for the whole lot of us. Carrierers don't need to battle, OS' do!

Here is to hoping my VZW brethren get their WP8 of their dreams!
    Because us Verizon users do much more research for the 920 to come, and we're into the topic more... IMO

Seems unlikely that Verizon will wait around for 6 months to get AT&T's leftovers. If they are waiting, Nokia is likely working on something new. The Lumia 920 leaves room for more of what high end phones can be.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesAD60 View Post
    Seems unlikely that Verizon will wait around for 6 months to get AT&T's leftovers. If they are waiting, Nokia is likely working on something new. The Lumia 920 leaves room for more of what high end phones can be.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    Exactly. What difference does it make? A 6 month exclusivity, or a 10 year one? By the end of the 6 months there will be newer phones out and newer technology.
    Thanked by:

Because us Verizon users do much more research for the 920 to come, and we're into the topic more... IMO
    Which = more biased opinions, IMHO. Good luck, though!

Global Posts
    1,894 Global Posts
    Unless we hear something in the next week or so, we aint getting s.h.i.t. as a 9XX goes.

The 9XX needs to come within a month or 2 or it's old news. No one who watches sites like this will buy a phone that is already 6-8 months old after the exclusive agreement is up(unless used and cheap). And rumored a Surface device coming spring of 2013, if your going to wait, you might as well wait for that(even then, it might be GSM only device).

I sometimes hate Verizon...but, 99% of the time, the call does go through and isn't that the most important thing on a phone ?
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

db4williams likes this.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Not at launch. Probably not this year. Maybe we'll see a high-end Nokia sometime early next year, but I'm not waiting on a maybe that's only supported by the vaguest of rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
    Unless we hear something in the next week or so, we aint getting s.h.i.t. as a 9XX goes.

The 9XX needs to come within a month or 2 or it's old news. No one who watches sites like this will buy a phone that is already 6-8 months old after the exclusive agreement is up(unless used and cheap). And rumored a Surface device coming spring of 2013, if your going to wait, you might as well wait for that(even then, it might be GSM only device).

I sometimes hate Verizon...but, 99% of the time, the call does go through and isn't that the most important thing on a phone ?
    I don't know about everybody else, but I spend about 50 seconds on a phonecall a day, about 7 hours on the internet, an hour on games/apps, and allllll day listening to music/podcasts. Send about 100 texts a day too.

So no... I don't think the calling is important

Global Posts
    1,894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I don't know about everybody else, but I spend about 50 seconds on a phonecall a day, about 7 hours on the internet, an hour on games/apps, and allllll day listening to music/podcasts. Send about 100 texts a day too.

So no... I don't think the calling is important
    BUT, if someone calls, do you want to get it ?

The point of the device is the phone first, then everything else. If not just get yourself a tablet (win RT ?), and you dont have to use the phone. You should be able to do everything else with 3rd party apps.

BUt, if you want that call to go through, when someone calls,then you DO think the calling is important. Maybe not AS imporant as the other features but, it still is important

and I rest my case...
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast