Did Samsung spend 5 minutes on making the announcement for the ATIV S?

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If the ATIVs hits US T-MO it would be the my second pick of WP8 devices, so that one I would buy in the coming weeks. But as of right now until T-MO or Samsung say it. the current T-MO WP8 line-up is the HTC 8x and the Nokia L810.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Why are you "shaming" Nokia and MSFT for a Samsung move?
What I originally meant was that I wanted the 920 variant for Verizon. Apperently it really looks like it isn't coming. That is why I'm blaming Nokia. Now Since the Lumia isn't coming, I'm hoping the ATIV S is coming. But if that isn't coming either, then I blame Microsoft also because of the poor devices they have sent to VZW. You can't make an ecosystem grow on the largest carrier when you overprice a mid-model device at $199. (Yes I'm talking about the 8X. There isn't really anything special about it. Especially only 16GB of storage and no expandable.)

I'm staying with Android. THAT is why Microsoft fails.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So Microsoft fails because you didn't come aboard. Gotcha

I've got to agree with this.

Verizon subscribers know the deal when they sign up... high bills, coverage everywhere, and yesterday's devices tomorrow. You don't go to VZW if you want the best devices out there. A choice to stay with Verizon is a choice to settle for tier-two devices.

Sorry, it's just the way it is.

mountainman

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I've got to agree with this.

Verizon subscribers know the deal when they sign up... high bills, coverage everywhere, and yesterday's devices tomorrow. You don't go to VZW if you want the best devices out there. A choice to stay with Verizon is a choice to settle for tier-two devices.

Sorry, it's just the way it is.

As a long time VZW customer, I completely agree. Hoping that changes soon (not that it will, but a man can dream).

Perhaps someday we will have a worthy WP - MS Surface?

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey well if Microsoft would've really want to then they could've gotten the 920 on Verizon. They would've helped out Nokia and make out an entire plan. (A good one)

And maybe they have......................... :p

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey well if Microsoft would've really want to then they could've gotten the 920 on Verizon. They would've helped out Nokia and make out an entire plan. (A good one)

And maybe they have......................... :p

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The 8X is a great phone, it is just going to be a better experience on T-Mobile than VZW because of the data cap issue and its impact on internal storage.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

I think you are misjudging the relationship between most carriers and Microsoft. They don't like each other! Furthermore, Nokia and Microsoft certainly attempt to make the best sales pitch they possibly can, but ultimately it is the carriers that decide which devices are offered on their network. If a carrier hasn't got a certain device (Lumia 920), or at least an equivalent, the only one to blame is the carrier.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What I originally meant was that I wanted the 920 variant for Verizon. Apperently it really looks like it isn't coming. That is why I'm blaming Nokia. Now Since the Lumia isn't coming, I'm hoping the ATIV S is coming. But if that isn't coming either, then I blame Microsoft also because of the poor devices they have sent to VZW. You can't make an ecosystem grow on the largest carrier when you overprice a mid-model device at $199. (Yes I'm talking about the 8X. There isn't really anything special about it. Especially only 16GB of storage and no expandable.)

I'm staying with Android. THAT is why Microsoft fails.

What would possibly make you think Microsoft is sending devices to VZW. Microsoft makes an OS that is loaded on phones that manufacturers then sell to carriers. If you want to direct blame regarding VZW's devices or potential devices, there is only one direction to look: VZW. I am sure they were pitched all devices by all the manufactures - whatever they choose to carry is up to them. Oh, and pricing is between the manufacturer and carrier, not Microsoft....

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
What would possibly make you think Microsoft is sending devices to VZW. Microsoft makes an OS that is loaded on phones that manufacturers then sell to carriers. If you want to direct blame regarding VZW's devices or potential devices, there is only one direction to look: VZW. I am sure they were pitched all devices by all the manufactures - whatever they choose to carry is up to them. Oh, and pricing is between the manufacturer and carrier, not Microsoft....
You don't get what I'm getting at here. Obviously Microsoft has contact with Nokia. And no, it's not Verizon's fault that the 920 is not coming to their carrier. How is it their fault when the exclusivity is between Nokia and AT&T? It's obviously Nokia's fault because they took the sum of cash from AT&T.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
You don't get what I'm getting at here. Obviously Microsoft has contact with Nokia. And no, it's not Verizon's fault that the 920 is not coming to their carrier. How is it their fault when the exclusivity is between Nokia and AT&T? It's obviously Nokia's fault because they took the sum of cash from AT&T.

no its verizons fault because their boatload of cash offer yo nokia wasnt enough to satisft Nokia. The principle is the principal!!!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

You've seen the terms of the exclusivity agreement between Nokia and AT&T? Well then, please share the details with us!

And how do you know Nokia never offered the Lumia 920 (or a variant) to Verizon?

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
no its verizons fault because their boatload of cash offer yo nokia wasnt enough to satisft Nokia. The principle is the principal!!!
....what are you talking about? Verizon never offered a buttload of cash to Nokia because the Lumia 920 would never, ever be exclusive to Verizon. Only AT&T.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
You've seen the terms of the exclusivity agreement between Nokia and AT&T? Well then, please share the details with us!

And how do you know Nokia never offered the Lumia 920 (or a variant) to Verizon?
We can think of a thousand "what if's"....

What if the Lumia 920 doesn't exist and you're just reading all these lies on the internet? :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett