Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By a5cent

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Heard a rumor that the ATIV S will only be on T-Mobile USA. Dumb if true. Can anybody share what they've heard?
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Heard a rumor that the ATIV S will only be on T-Mobile USA. Dumb if true. Can anybody share what they've heard?
    I heard the same from a Nokia employee, but I have trouble believing it.
    Villain and brmiller1976 like this.

Global Posts
    33,011 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Do you have any links? I just did a Google search and didn't see anything. Who told you that? Was it someone who works for T-Mobile?

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    No, it was a friend who works at a developer. Hence my interest to see what people hear.

Can we STOP with the dumb carrier exclusives already? Seriously! I'm about to start whacking OEMs with pillows.

Global Posts
    33,011 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I am skeptical of anything posted with no credible information. "A friend who works at [insert company/carrier name] said this" is not reliable. If this friend were willing to provide factual information and sign his/her name, then I would be more inclined to consider the source credible.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Yea there is no chance in **** this would happen. T-Mobile? Come on now.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    That's fine, you can choose not to believe the RUMOR if you so choose. If you don't have information either confirming it, or to the contrary, pointing out that it's a RUMOR and not validated information twice-signed and notarized by a credible representative of T-Mobile and Samsung isn't very helpful. Thanks!
    No, it was a friend who works at a developer. Hence my interest to see what people hear.

Can we STOP with the dumb carrier exclusives already? Seriously! I'm about to start whacking OEMs with pillows.
    Don't know why you keep insisting it's the OEM's that need to be whacked (although I would like to see you do that ;) ). It's the carriers that wan't the exclusives! OEM's would be more than happy to take the same support without having to offer exclusive devices.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    That's fine, you can choose not to believe the RUMOR if you so choose. If you don't have information either confirming it, or to the contrary, pointing out that it's a RUMOR and not validated information twice-signed and notarized by a credible representative of T-Mobile and Samsung isn't very helpful. Thanks!
    Why are you acting like a little girl? You made a thread about a rumor. I said there is no chance it is true.

What was the point of your thread if you did not want opinions?

Global Posts
    5,775 Global Posts
    Exclusives will be what holds wp back...

Global Posts
    33,011 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Without any credible information this rumor is less valid than the so-called end of the world as predicted by the Mayan calendar.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Why are you acting like a little girl?
    Because I'm gay, and we all act like little girls. DUH. :D

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Without any credible information this rumor is less valid than the so-called end of the world as predicted by the Mayan calendar.
    OK, my friend XXXX XXXXXXX who works on developing the XXXXXXXXXX app for Windows Phone 7 told me that he'd been informed that the ATIV S is a T-Mobile exclusive.

He'd tell me more, but he's busy getting the double-notarized affidavits required to convince you of his bona fides.

Samsung liked to go the route of all carriers with their Galaxy line of phones, but tended to go with exclusives for their WP devices. It really good go either way with this one.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Samsung liked to go the route of all carriers with their Galaxy line of phones, but tended to go with exclusives for their WP devices. It really good go either way with this one.
    It just seems strange. They'd gone exclusive with AT&T to date. Maybe AT&T didn't want the ATIV, or perhaps they wanted to go with the #2 GSM carrier. Either way, I don't think it's a good idea to limit the ATIV to just T-Mo... especially since it has the expandable storage that people on capped carriers need.

The part that makes this hard to believe is the "T-Mobile" part.

But I guess anything is possible.

AT&T's lineup is announced, Verizon's lineup has leaked... guess whose lineup hasn't been announced? Its pretty much a given that the ATIV S will only be on T-Mobile.

After all, they were the only one with a big screen phone for WP7 launch.

Hey guys, I chatted briefly with my friend who is a store manager for a Verizon location near me. He just had his training yesterday, and today he basically told me the same as whats been heard, 8x and 822 at launch.

However, he also said they are getting a Samsung WP8, but there was no release date, model info or price yet. But he would keep me posted.

Not sure if this will be a version of ATIV S, prepaid model, or something else completely...

Global Posts
    1,590 Global Posts
    Umm, the area of the forum is Upcoming phones and RUMORED Devices. This would be a rumored device. The rumor is that this device is only coming to T Mobile. I find it hard to believe that the flagship samsung is going to a 30 million user carrier only. If you do not like these threads, dont click on them.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    According to The Website That Shall Not Be Named, ATIV S isn't coming to most European countries until December.

I wonder if there are supply constraints?
    According to The Website That Shall Not Be Named, ATIV S isn't coming to most European countries until December.

I wonder if there are supply constraints?
    Only if they can't keep up with GS3 demand... then maybe.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    If your phone is going to be exclusive T-Mobile is really not the one you want it to be on. Guess time will tell how this works out.