Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By PuckCowboy
  • 1 Post By snowmutt
  • 3 Post By Ocelott
  • 1 Post By Winterfang
  • 1 Post By PuckCowboy

Hey guys, I just chatted briefly with my friend who is a store manager for a Verizon location near me. He just had his training yesterday, and basically told me the same as whats been reported, 8x and 822 at launch.

However, he ALSO said they were told they ARE getting a Samsung WP8 soon as well, but no release date, model info or price was provided yet. He said he'd keep me posted.

I realize it's not much to share, but thought I'd throw it out there. Not sure if this will be a version of ATIV S, prepaid model, or something else completely...

Fingers crossed for ATIV S.
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Oh my God please. I'll be really happy. (Although even happier if the 9XX comes!)

Samsung has got my money!

Global Posts
    3,532 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    Samsung seems content to launch the ATIV S a little after the fact. My guess is that WP 8 was released to manufacturers a little late, and Sammy needed to put some touches on it.

Hope your manager is correct. The ATIV would make a nice premium option for those not in love with the 8X and unimpressed with the 822.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.
    jedlink likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    I wonder if it is December when VZW gets it. That is when Europe gets it too.

Global Posts
    5,763 Global Posts
    I think samsung may try to do with the ativ s what they did with their galaxy s3 and have it on all carriers which is a smart move IMO if they do it. Will be interesting to see.

I don't mind waiting for the Ativ S

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I hope is on every carrier. Is a great option to everyone.
    Premium1 likes this.

I hope my manager friend is right too. All I did was ask him how training went and if he found anything out. His exact reply was, "not too much new, other than Verizon will have three Windows 8 phones, HTC (8X), Nokia (822), and Samsung."

When I asked him if they gave him any details on the Samsung, he said no specifics were given, but that Nokia and HTC would be at launch for sure, Samsung wouldn't.

Im hoping maybe by Black Friday? You would think Samsung and Verizon would want it out for the holidays if possible.

And as someone else mentioned, Samung isn't about exclusives these days, they are all about getting it on as many carriers as possible and selling as many as possible... even if it means tweaking a design element here and their for carriers (GS2).
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    I hope is on every carrier. Is a great option to everyone.
    Except for people who like big phones. Although I was thinking about getting the Galaxy Note 2...

Global Posts
    5,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    Except for people who like big phones. Although I was thinking about getting the Galaxy Note 2...
    with its 4.8" screen it will be fine for those who like big phones. But yes the note 2 does look nice and specs that can't be beat for now.

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    I want a Note 2 but the price tag is too much to afford. Also Verizon stuck it's logo on the home button. They were real hung ho about getting their name on the front of that device. I wish they would make a simple logo instead of having their name on everything.

It's silly holding such a big device up to your face, but I use up maybe 200 minutes a month and a majority of them are on speakerphone anyway. I would gain way more use out of it for games, internet, ect.

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Double post :D

Don't forget to thank and like anyone who deserves it!

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    The screen is pretty big at 4.8. But if you mean size then there's always the Lumia 920.