Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Any thoughts on the Samsung coming to Verizon in December? No picture, but there are some articles on the web sayiong the Odyssey was the code name for the ATIV S before it was announced by Samsung in August.
    Last edited by PuckCowboy; 10-29-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PuckCowboy View Post
    Any thoughts on the Samsung coming to Verizon in December? No picture, but there are some articles on the web sayiong the Oddessy was the code name for the ATIV S before it was announced by Samsung in August.
    It can't be the Ativ S. Balmer showed the Ativ S off, then later mentioned the Odyssey. I'm putting my hopes on the Odyssey being a high end phone since it will be exclusive to Verizon.

Hoping that Versizon wouldn't want an exclusive on a mid/low range phone, but you never know with them.

I predict the Odyssey will be what the 820 is to Nokia.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"
    Winterfang likes this.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    The rumor is saying its like the Galaxy Nexus except with WP8. If that's the case, then I'm stoked. I love the Gnex's hardware and with an updated processor, it's gonna be sick.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    The rumor is saying its like the Galaxy Nexus except with WP8. If that's the case, then I'm stoked. I love the Gnex's hardware and with an updated processor, it's gonna be sick.
    Wait what? The Gnex has crap hardware, **** plastic exterior, disgusting pentile display and a camera akin to a potato. Trust me I own one... shudder...
    They released that galaxy s mini. Variation of that?

I hope Honestabebread is right. The last thing Verizon needs is another exclusive midrange windows phone.
    snowmutt likes this.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColeHarris View Post
    Wait what? The Gnex has crap hardware, **** plastic exterior, disgusting pentile display and a camera akin to a potato. Trust me I own one... shudder...
    By similar to G Nex I merely meant shape and size. I'm well aware of the short comings of the GNex.

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    Rumour from where? Why would they be rehashing a year-old design created in correlation with Google?

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'd love to use an S-Pen in combination with OneNote.
    ironsoulreaver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Drake View Post
    It can't be the Ativ S. Balmer showed the Ativ S off, then later mentioned the Odyssey. I'm putting my hopes on the Odyssey being a high end phone since it will be exclusive to Verizon.

Hoping that Versizon wouldn't want an exclusive on a mid/low range phone, but you never know with them.
    The ATIV Odyssey is probably like the Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G. Every carrier has it's own unique branding.

It is coming. and I hope, Better than the other VZW phones out for WP8
    Thanked by:

Of all WP8 devices, this is the one I'm waiting for. I'm hoping it's a WP8 version of the Galaxy S3.

I am holding out for this phone too. I hope it will meet my expectations. It seems exceptionally difficult to get any info on this phone. Any idea where there might be more info posted?

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    It is the ATIV S. Ballmer showed off the ATIV S, but it's just for Europe. The Odyssey will have some different styling cues (not anything too drastic), but it has the same hardware except with CDMA capability. $250 with 32GB. May be a $199 16GB variant.

Honestabebread has mentioned a low end Samsung coming for the prepaids as well. I've heard that one now. HTC 8S is also coming. Hoping for HTC, Nokia, and Samsung quad cores to launch before Easter.

Lots of Windows Phones will be coming to Verizon.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    With all of these phones coming to Verizon maybe Verizon will be the premier Windows Phone carrier?

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Off to a slower start with the lack of the 920... But if the Samsung is all its cracked up to be, I'd opt in for this one in this round.

What's Verizon's return policy for upgrades? I'd like to try the 8X when it comes out, but if the Samsung wipes the floor with it, I'd like to switch. Is it 14-30 days, restocking fee? Lol we have less choices and yet I find myself faced with so many decisions.

Can we expect a dramatic increase in performance from a quad-core WP8 device?

The real question is it worth getting the ATIV Odyssey in Dec or waiting another 2-4 months and getting the HTC Zenith and/or Nokia 922...

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    The real question is it worth getting the ATIV Odyssey in Dec or waiting another 2-4 months and getting the HTC Zenith and/or Nokia 922...

If we had that timeline as FACT... I would wait.

I really hope this happens, but I'll probably already have spent my money.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Timeline is always in flux. There's an off chance that there could be a 920 variant at some point before the quad cores hit. As I said elsewhere, the real issue with the 920 was the commitment to a sales number and a heavy subsidy from the carrier. Verizon has a philosophy of matching the phone to the customer, not just pushing a certain model. They want a broad WP8 lineup so they can have a Windows Phone for every customer and make it a very viable alternative to Android and iOS, but they don't want to put heavy subsidies on an expensive phone, especially at the launch.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Samsung ATIV Odyssey hits the FCC? | Ubergizmo

4.65" screen, Verizon bands.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I don't think that's it. The form factor measurements are smaller than the original Galaxy S. These measurements indicate a screen in the 4" range. The size is on par with the Trophy. Looks much closer to the Galaxy S III Mini.

In fact, it could be that this is a Verizon version of the Galaxy SIII Mini.

Going through the FCC filing, I see no mention of the screen measurement, just the measurements of the body.

If this is a WP8 device for VZW then I'd guess its the low end Samsung.

Global Posts
    1,773 Global Posts
    The ATIV is the i920 and that Verizon device is the i930 so it had to be a WP8 device, right? If 4.65" screen is mid range, what is the 4.5" Nokia 920 and 4.3" 8X? :)

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I think Ubergizmo was going off past rumors when they cited the 4.65" screen. WMPowerUser says it too, but we all know they're not the most reliable source of information for...just about anything.

Which document had the measurements of the body? We could compare them to the Ativ S and see if they match.

Edit: Found them. It's 119.5 mm x 61.55 mm (thickness isn't listed). The Ativ S is 137 mm x 70 mm. Therefore, this device is definitely smaller. I'm also pretty sure that it's a Windows Phone device, given the SCH-I930 model number (SCH-IXXX model numbers have historically been Windows Phone/Windows Mobile devices).

For comparison, the Galaxy S II was 125.3 mm x 63.1 mm, so the SCH-I930 is even smaller than that. It's also significantly smaller than the Galaxy Nexus (135.5 mm x 67.9 mm). The Galaxy S III mini is 121.6 mm x 63 mm, which is the closest to this one.

I'm thinking it's a midrange 4.0" device, or essentially a WP8 Galaxy S III mini. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by fierywater; 11-11-2012 at 11:41 AM.

So a verizon device, most likely windows phone 8, from samsung with a 4" screen? Another mediocre windows phone device would be their style. So frustrated with the "Nation's #1 Network"
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast