Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thed View Post
    Is that 4 hours of pretty much continuous use? If so then that's good news. I'm not too worried about the battery life.
    It was very continuous. I basically transformed it into my phone. Then watched some movie trailers, took some pics and vids, etc
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Soo basically we can expect MORE than what the chart says?

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aventador779 View Post
    Better than my Galaxy Nexus.
    Almost anything does better than a VZW Galaxy Nexus.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    There are a lot of things that factor into web browsing battery life...Anandtech, where that chart is from, is probably the most accurate site you can find, as far as scientific tests go (for all subjects, not just battery life).

In any event, I too found it odd that the iPhone on LTE did way better than the 3G numbers...so I went and looked up the iPhone 5 review on Anandtech to see if they mentioned that discrepancy and why it happened like that.

As it turns out, they did explain the discrepency and it actually makes quite a bit of sense. It's also worth mentioning that the Wifi web browsing tests resulted in even LONGER battery life, exceeding 10 hours. So anyway, here is the explanation:

As always we test across multiple air interfaces (3G, 4G LTE, WiFi), but due to the increased network load we actually find that on a given process technology we see an increase in battery life on faster network connections. The why is quite simple to understand: the faster a page is able to fully render, the quicker all components can drive down to their idle power states.
    The simple translation - since the page can load significantly faster at LTE speeds, the phone can idle down faster resulting in much less battery drainage. I expect once we see LTE tests of the 8x we will see similar results (longer battery life on LTE then 3g).

For those interested in more reading about the Anandtech battery life bench suite, you can check out the link:
    AnandTech - The iPhone 5 Review

Global Posts
    32,937 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I'd suggest checking out GSM Arena once they get a review. Their Labs are pretty thorough when it comes to testing battery (and pretty much everything else).

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Whoops

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 64GUNSHIP View Post
    Good find! Better than my Galaxy Nexus in every way, but why does it still get the same 31 hour endurance time?

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Good find! Better than my Galaxy Nexus in every way, but why does it still get the same 31 hour endurance time?
    The problem here is idle battery drain. It is very high. Hope HTC are listening to this and do something about it.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboJones2268 View Post
    The problem here is idle battery drain. It is very high. Hope HTC are listening to this and do something about it.
    Yeah but I'm sure the 8X is absolutely better in EVERY way in terms of battery life.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yeah but I'm sure the 8X is absolutely better in EVERY way in terms of battery life.
    I meant to say that the problem with the 8X is idle drain. There is definitely something wrong there.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    I meant to say that the problem with the 8X is idle drain. There is definitely something wrong there.
    Well hopefully they'll fix it by the time I'll buy mine...

The camera shots posted on AnandTech looks very good. Crisp even. I'd like to see some upclose shots though. But I like what I see from the camera.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I agree. Just got my 8X and barely got 5 hours of battery life out of it. Without touching it all that much. And the back processes mostly switched off. This phone drains at a rapid pace from just lying on the table :/

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by radiogirl83 View Post
    I agree. Just got my 8X and barely got 5 hours of battery life out of it. Without touching it all that much. And the back processes mostly switched off. This phone drains at a rapid pace from just lying on the table :/
    You don't understand, you have a completely new battery. New batteries need to be used for at LEAST 5 days (with heavy use) and then the actual battery will kick in. Even a month will be better.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I just read the BGR review of the 8X and they said they got a full day out of it easily every time they charged it. My 8X has been holding up well, but I haven't had it long enough to make a solid determination. I charged it twice the first day with it. Now it seems to be lasting me a full day no sweat.

meanwhile my Intuition has to have screen brightness at 0, background data GPS data all the way off just to make it to bed time. Regret this phone so much.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    It lasts u a full day no sweat but u turn everything off? That doesn't make a lot of sense

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    It lasts u a full day no sweat but u turn everything off? That doesn't make a lot of sense

Reread his post, this time read a little slower so you can comprehend correctly. Lol.

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Guess I'm too stupid. I've read it 4 times and still doesn't make sense

Guess I'm too stupid. I've read it 4 times and still doesn't make sense

"Intuition" is the name of an LG Android phone. I don't blame you for not understanding, it's a pretty ridiculous name for a phone.

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    Haha whoops. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm still nervous about wp8. Hope I like the 8x

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Haha whoops. Guess I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm still nervous about wp8. Hope I like the 8x

I'm right there with ya, man. My first response to his post was, huh. Then I finally caught the capital "I" in Intuition and realized he meant his Android phone not his gut feeling. Hah!

Ive had mine since 7pm yesterday and its 6am right now and it still has not drained the battery
    You, see... go to the website CHIP Online - Deutschlands Webseite Nr. 1 fr Computer, Handy und Home Entertainment
    They measured the 8X with 7 hours on 3G. The iPhone5 managed 6 hours on LTE.
    I know the Germans... and Chip.de has been using standardized tests for years. The Germans are simply very systematic.
    I would trust a test from Chip.de more than any "Apple influenced one" because Chip.de always uses exactly the same test procedure.

I received my 8X last Wednesday (6 days ago) and experienced horrible battery life. I'd previously owned the iPhone 4. After trying everything possible to extend the battery life, I finally swapped it out at Verizon for a new one. It was equally horrible. I bought "Battery Level for Windows Phone 8" so I could watch and record my exact battery history. I was losing 8-10 % an hour with little to no activity and all unnecessary services turned off.

I work 12 and 13 hour shifts, so a phone that dies before the end of my workday is completely useless. But talking with others and reading this and other forums convinced me it's an anomaly either tied to a defect in hardware or firmware as most are not experiencing these issues. I assumed that both of my previous phones were from the same group of "short battery life phones" and went back to Verizon to swap it out for a third phone, and presto! - I now have long battery life! Until the exact cause and effect is clearly fixed, I encourage others to do the same. Today, my phone's been on with little use for six hours and is at 80% power.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast