820/822/810 cases and such.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Ladies, gentlemen, pets. I'm seriously considering picking up the 822 but there is a major concern and that is accessories. Mainly cases. I always put my phone in a case during the day and have a gut feeling with all of these variants cases will be few and far between. Thoughts?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Probably true, splitting a similar model with different body designs on different carriers just means less of each sold in total so likely less people making external cases for them. Hard to say what will be available though beforehand.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
They were supposedly going to sell 820 backplanes with rubber "ribs" that could take shocks. Haven't seen anything about it since the announcement.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
They were supposedly going to sell 820 backplanes with rubber "ribs" that could take shocks. Haven't seen anything about it since the announcement.

Oh yeah, I remember that now. Thanks for jogging my memory. Hopefully they do it for all the variations. Shouldn't be difficult since they have the molds already.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thinking that Lumia 820 is available globally and even inside USA from the second largest carrier, it's not really hard to guess what of the 3 will get most accessories.

As far as durability goes it should be quite good. Those backplates are made of the same polycarbonate as N9/800/900/920 were the color is through the material. Yet to see any scratches on my N9 or Lumia 800 that have never had any protection.

And with Lumia 802 you can of course swap the backplate if you manage to somehow brake it.

JamesAD60

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
There are several good cases for the HTC Trophy, which is distinct from the HTC models on other carriers. I'm sure the selection will be better for the 822. I hope Nokia will offer their own cases with some of their stylish colors.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

anon(5339784)

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The ones where the whole back is taken off (820, 810), could potentially get alternative backs that lock into place and are used instead of the original backmold.
I'm sure Nokia will offer protective cases as they have done for the previous Lumias. Also, there's more than enough aftermarket protective cases for the old Lumias even, so I doubt that the new ones won't have third party cases.

anon(5339784)

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The ones where the whole back is taken off (820, 810), could potentially get alternative backs that lock into place and are used instead of the original backmold.
I'm sure Nokia will offer protective cases as they have done for the previous Lumias. Also, there's more than enough aftermarket protective cases for the old Lumias even, so I doubt that the new ones won't have third party cases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo