I want to see a camera comparison HTC 8X vs. L 920 in perfect light

netconcepts

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I like to take some scenic pics with my phone... Lotsa of interesting moments hit you in AZ and having a phone that can capture them. I would like to see a camera comparison in decent light. We all know the 920 will kill it in low light. I have heard the 920 struggles in good light

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh, camera comparisons galore are coming, I have no doubt. Nokia has declared the 920 to be the best ever, and the extra heft of the device needs to be justified.

I have heard good things about the 8X camera, and both the Titan and T2 were really good cameras. Looking forward to camera wars....

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
wouldn't go by that at all.... Jessica Dolcourt doesn't know a thing about anything other than iphone

here is more comparisons:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-general-discussion/200427.htm

but in all honesty... hasn't been a good comparison review yet.

I have read a lot of her Windows Phone reviews and they are always accurate and positive, so I have no problem with her compro. Also, most of the shots were won by either the 920 or the 8x. There were only one or two where she preferred the iPhone.

MerlotC

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Id like to see a review by someone that knows photography and uses the available settings as they should rather than just an everything set to auto comparison.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Id like to see a review by someone that knows photography and uses the available settings as they should rather than just an everything set to auto comparison.

I prefer the auto comparisons. Most of my picture taking is off my baby and if I have to adjust settings to get a good picture I will miss 95% of the pictures I want to take. I think spur of the moment photography is how most people use their phones. If I was photographing something I had time to adjust settings for, I probably would have brought a better camera.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the auto comparisons. Most of my picture taking is off my baby and if I have to adjust settings to get a good picture I will miss 95% of the pictures I want to take. I think spur of the moment photography is how most people use their phones. If I was photographing something I had time to adjust settings for, I probably would have brought a better camera.

Agreed. For some reason my 19 month old doesn't get it when I say "Daddy wants you to do that again! I need to get a picture!" :)

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site

As the father of an 18 month old, I agree. First trip to the zoo, first haircut, these we brought along the mini DSLR. That really cute thing he did at breakfast, that was on the phone.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I want to see what can be done when the settings are adjusted. My Rezound takes significantly better pictures when the settings have been changed. I changed them and saved them so I don't have to mess with anything when my kid does something neat.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I want to see what can be done when the settings are adjusted. My Rezound takes significantly better pictures when the settings have been changed. I changed them and saved them so I don't have to mess with anything when my kid does something neat.

Kids are notorious for that :) (at least in their parent's eyes)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
We have pictures that members have posted right here with the 8X and the 920:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/8x/200755.htm

http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/200218.htm

Thanks that just confirms what I thought...the 920 has a far better camera than the 8X. infact, I think my Trophy looks just as good as some of those lower light/dark pictures on the 8X (nothing great). Daytime/Bright lighting, the 8X is good but, the colors look better and brighter on the 920. Motion blur is visable on the 8X on some images and the 920 does better at this but not perfect.

The 920 is a far better camera in colors and general imaging. In dark light, they both are questionable (a little disaponted in the 920 on this end).

I went though both those links and looked over almost every image in full detail to come up with this.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks that just confirms what I thought...the 920 has a far better camera than the 8X. infact, I think my Trophy looks just as good as some of those lower light/dark pictures on the 8X (nothing great). Daytime/Bright lighting, the 8X is good but, the colors look better and brighter on the 920. Motion blur is visable on the 8X on some images and the 920 does better at this but not perfect.

The 920 is a far better camera in colors and general imaging. In dark light, they both are questionable (a little disaponted in the 920 on this end).

I went though both those links and looked over almost every image in full detail to come up with this.

Ha don't know how you came up with that conclusion taking into account the photo's from all over the net i can pretty much say the 8x takes better photo's in daylight and the 920 takes better photo's in lowlight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99