ATT Preorder!!

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
who cares 8X :happy:

People who aren't blinded by marketing gimmicks, I suppose. Not a 920 hater, I just want to try both of them before I buy. Spec wise, the phones are practically identical.

It's time to get passed the ois and carl zeiss crap... the camera just isn't that good. I already have gloves made to work with phones so what's left, oh, when was the last time you looked at your phone and said "holy f**k this screen wont refresh fast enough to play a game!" I'll bet never.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
People who aren't blinded by marketing gimmicks, I suppose. Not a 920 hater, I just want to try both of them before I buy. Spec wise, the phones are practically identical.

It's time to get passed the ois and carl zeiss crap... the camera just isn't that good. I already have gloves made to work with phones so what's left, oh, when was the last time you looked at your phone and said "holy f**k this screen wont refresh fast enough to play a game!" I'll bet never.

If you take pics at night, then OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you have ever had blurry pictures because of an unsteady hand, then OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you've ever filmed video with your cell phone, but didn't like how jittery it turned out, OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you don't like buying special gloves to work with a phone, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

If you've ever hated the blur that occurs in some action movies when viewing on your phone, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

If you've ever tried using a phone outside in the sun, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

HOWEVER... other than that, it's totally a gimmick.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local att store at 5pm tonight to check on the status of the 920 and they called some branch and so far no one knows when this thing is being released. he read me the companies letter and all it said was mid November.

as for the camera, at this point with the bug/glitch its just not a top contender. at night it may be the best but for day shots its probably top 5/6.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local att store at 5pm tonight to check on the status of the 920 and they called some branch and so far no one knows when this thing is being released. he read me the companies letter and all it said was mid November.

as for the camera, at this point with the bug/glitch its just not a top contender. at night it may be the best but for day shots its probably top 5/6.

Well show be a phone which is perfect?.

I will show many things that is not good in it..

Lumia 920 daylight pictures issues is fixable with software update and they will fix it.. It is not like HTC or Samsung who dont do anything for windows phones.

Well other than that.. all the other gimmicks are still valid.. add the Rich Recording for sound....

IF you just compare and contrast you will know that this phone is more closer to perfect.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

For day shots it's second only to the 808

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I called the corporate store on Greetree Road in Pittsburgh and they will accept pre-orders on the 8th through the 9th with the phone going on sale on the 11th. Yeehaw...Disco!

im close by..the closest stores to me are robinson mall and settlers ridge

GudsFortapelse

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If you take pics at night, then OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you have ever had blurry pictures because of an unsteady hand, then OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you've ever filmed video with your cell phone, but didn't like how jittery it turned out, OIS is far from a gimmick.

If you don't like buying special gloves to work with a phone, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

If you've ever hated the blur that occurs in some action movies when viewing on your phone, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

If you've ever tried using a phone outside in the sun, then Pureview HD+ isn't a gimmick.

HOWEVER... other than that, it's totally a gimmick.
Sorry to say, but every OEM is equally guilty of the "gimmicks". Nokia has their camera, and HTC has their Beats Audio. I'm not trying to play sides here, but to give opposition equal time, I have a 4 year old son & a 1 1/2 year old daughter...safe to assume I takes lots of pictures of them. Currently, I sport an HTC TITAN, and to be honest, I have never had to worry about a blurry picture, or shaky video.

My TITAN's camera performs just fine for capturing every moment of my children's lives...it's actually better than my wife's Lumia 900, even after the 7.5 refresh update. Unless I ever have to take a video of my children riding a bike next to my moving vehicle, I don't feel the "need" to purchase a Lumia over any other OEM.

Like I said, everyone has their gimmicks...if you want OIS on your camera phone, get a Lumia. If you want built-in amplifiers on your phone, get an HTC...and if you want what everyone thinks is the answer to all of life's questions, get a stupid iPhone.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
People use the word "gimmick" too liberally. There is such thing as a "good" gimmick, and I find OIS to be a good one. I mean, yes every person is different, but given the fact that I...

1. Enjoy taking pictures at formal events, which have low lighting, the pureview helps.

2. Even if I focus in, the pictures have a slight blur to them, because of a shaky hand.

3. Just look at video of The Verge using an 8X to record connecting a 920 to the Surface. You can see all the shakes, and after being spoiled with the 920...those things become even more apparent.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Pre-order not working for me on AT&T website, every time I click the phone the page just refreshes. If you're able to pre-order please state if you're Premier or not and the method you used (links) to pre-order.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what colors will be available in the stores.

Was disappointed to see the yellow would not be available for at least a week online.

hellerz85

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I am Premier. I just went through the upgrade process and selected the phone. Didnt do anything special

Hey, what does your status say right now? I ordered mine through premier too...and its saying "status:attention"...not sure what that means

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
*sigh* I am still waffling. I want a cyan 920 which sounds like it won't be in stores, and I want to check out the 8X but immensely disappointed at the fact its twice as much as the 920 with half the ram. That was practically my device of choice until the price hit.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey, what does your status say right now? I ordered mine through premier too...and its saying "status:attention"...not sure what that means

In the AT&T orders page it shows my shipment status as back ordered. Item status as processing for everything, pending shipment for micro SIM.

Don't know what to make of it honestly lol

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm premier, but an individual user - not sure what that means exactly, other than all I get to see in regards to order status is 'processing'

hellerz85

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a direct number to Premier Customer Service? Mine is still stuck at "attention"...grrrr im also an individual user on premier as well.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I just called ATT about my order, because I was seemingly required to choose a voice plan, when it should be on a family plan.

that aside (I have to call after I activate the phone to get it sorted out), I was told they do not have the shipment details yet to say when I would actually get the phone. "give it a few days to update"

Im certainly not getting my hopes up that a nokia will show up at my door on Friday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb