Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    1,741 Global Posts
    If tomorrow is the preorder date it should show up in our corporate portal to preorder then. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    If tomorrow is the preorder date it should show up in our corporate portal to preorder then. Here's hoping.
    That is correct. Launch is 15th.

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tripz727 View Post
    That is correct. Launch is 15th.
    How certain are you on this? And how did you find this out?

Its in the agent portal for vzw. Its a tab called infocenter that gives us lastest info on everything. And I just had my coworker go into the portal to be a witness. Also i will note for the launch date which states the 15th that means on the 16th my stores should be getting them. I wouldn't lie because i also want an 8X. 1am the preorders are suppose to start.

Preorders start tonight at 1am est? or on the 15th???

On the 13th i will guess it will be a formal announcement from us on the 8X and DNA. More on the DNA since the 8X has been announced more than once.

1am est tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by tripz727 View Post
    1am est tonight!

Any links?? how will we find out? Doesn't that mean something will be announced today?

Also, if you preorder the phone, can you set it to bill your account still?

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    To clarify, are you saying (based on the info you have now) that next Thursday, the 15th, we should be able to walk into a Verizon store and buy an 8X? Is this going to be available in Blue only at launch, or will all colors be available?

Thanks.

Also i will note two weeks ago our corporate regional manager took training on wp8

Should be all colors but yellow. I going based off our poster which has a black 8X not blue. So i could be wrong. But 15th in corporate 16th for indirect channels like me. Our phone orders are wens and sunday. Delivery on tues and fri. Based off all info. If i could i would post a pic of the dates.

will there be an announcement about the pre orders before tonight? Can we call VZW on the phone and preorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsquare2112 View Post
    To clarify, are you saying (based on the info you have now) that next Thursday, the 15th, we should be able to walk into a Verizon store and buy an 8X? Is this going to be available in Blue only at launch, or will all colors be available?

Thanks.
    Black and red are the only colors Verizon is getting.

everywhere I have seen shows VZW getting the blue too..

edit:

WPC has shown pics of training with the Verizon California Blue...

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Black and red are the only colors Verizon is getting.
    Their press release says blue, black, and red; the latter two are exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperma View Post
    everywhere I have seen shows VZW getting the blue too..

edit:

WPC has shown pics of training with the Verizon California Blue...
    Odd. Best Buy does show blue. Wild. I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by fierywater View Post
    Their press release says blue, black, and red; the latter two are exclusive.
    Ah, that would explain it.

what I want to know...it sounds like the Microsoft stores supposedly carry every color and model for every phone. Meaning...can I get a limelight yellow phone for VZW there??
    I find it odd that on the Best Buy site the black 822 is 599 off contract and the white 822 is 549 off contract. Here's to hoping they just threw a number out there and the 822 will come in cheaper than that.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I find it odd that on the Best Buy site the black 822 is 599 off contract and the white 822 is 549 off contract. Here's to hoping they just threw a number out there and the 822 will come in cheaper than that.
    Best Buy often has higher off-contract prices than the carriers. Take a look at the Lumia 920, for instance. They have a $600 price listed where AT&T is only asking $450.
    Quote Originally Posted by fierywater View Post
    Best Buy often has higher off-contract prices than the carriers. Take a look at the Lumia 920, for instance. They have a $600 price listed where AT&T is only asking $450.
    Man, I hope the 822 is only 450 or so. One will be in my pocket asap if that's the case.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Man, I hope the 822 is only 450 or so. One will be in my pocket asap if that's the case.
    The way I see it, there's no possible way the Lumia will carry a $500 subsidy. Even the iPhone 5 only carries a $450 one. Most only carry a $400 subsidy (e.g. the Droid RAZR HD, HD Maxx, Galaxy Note 2, etc.).

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Best Buy will also price match. I have bought numerous phones OFF CONTRACT from them and they always gave me the price on Verizons web site.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tsquare2112 View Post
    Best Buy will also price match. I have bought numerous phones OFF CONTRACT from them and they always gave me the price on Verizons web site.
    That's interesting, because I had a Best Buy rep tell me once that they wouldn't price match off-contract prices. Weird.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast