Just spoke to Verizon rep, release dates inside...

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
what I want to know...it sounds like the Microsoft stores supposedly carry every color and model for every phone. Meaning...can I get a limelight yellow phone for VZW there??

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I find it odd that on the Best Buy site the black 822 is 599 off contract and the white 822 is 549 off contract. Here's to hoping they just threw a number out there and the 822 will come in cheaper than that.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I find it odd that on the Best Buy site the black 822 is 599 off contract and the white 822 is 549 off contract. Here's to hoping they just threw a number out there and the 822 will come in cheaper than that.

Best Buy often has higher off-contract prices than the carriers. Take a look at the Lumia 920, for instance. They have a $600 price listed where AT&T is only asking $450.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Man, I hope the 822 is only 450 or so. One will be in my pocket asap if that's the case.

The way I see it, there's no possible way the Lumia will carry a $500 subsidy. Even the iPhone 5 only carries a $450 one. Most only carry a $400 subsidy (e.g. the Droid RAZR HD, HD Maxx, Galaxy Note 2, etc.).

tsquare2112

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy will also price match. I have bought numerous phones OFF CONTRACT from them and they always gave me the price on Verizons web site.

tsquare2112

May 29, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting, because I had a Best Buy rep tell me once that they wouldn't price match off-contract prices. Weird.

MULTIPLE times I have done that. Maybe try another store or talk to the store manager. NOTE: This applies to the full size stores, not the mobile only stores. We have 3 Full Size stores here in Tulsa, and one mobile store in the mall.

captainqtp

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to an enterprise sales rep today

He told me the Odyssey was just a rebranded ATIV S and that it would be coming out in November of all things... Since Balmer said it would be December, I doubt what the rep said was correct.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If preorder starts at 1AM shouldn't there have been some type of announcement by now?

In theory, but who knows with the way Verizon has been communicating (or not in the case) about Windows Phone. Maybe they open the preorders tonight and announce them tomorrow. I'm eagerly waiting, but won't be heartbroken if I am unable to preorder tonight.

Keckpec29

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
2 more hours until VZW phone lines open and I can call them up (7am MNT). This hesitation and yanking our chains over releasing this phone is the absolute worse.

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Well 8 AM EST.. Still nothing on pre-order.. I stopped in at Best Buy last night to see if I could pre-order it.. They were all busy so no one helped me but I did get to play with the 8X.. I would get it if I didn't have such a passionate disliking of HTC.. Plus I don't feel like spending the 200 on that phone.. I will stick with the lumia 822.. Only real difference is the screen. I guess beats audio too but that isn't a horribly big problem for me.. As long as I can listen to music I am fine.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok dudes, I just got an official email from our corporate rep. (We have a large corp account) It says preorders are pushed back one day and will be the 9th.

8x will be blue, black and red and 822 has black white and grey.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ok dudes, I just got an official email from our corporate rep. (We have a large corp account) It says preorders are pushed back one day and will be the 9th.

8x will be blue, black and red and 822 has black white and grey.

So is the release pushed back as well? Will there be some type of announcement today about preordering?

kpxstar9

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
2 more hours until VZW phone lines open and I can call them up (7am MNT). This hesitation and yanking our chains over releasing this phone is the absolute worse.

Vzw isn't yanking anyone's chain. They've yet to mention a release date. Everyone on the forum is getting worked up over speculation

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte