What phones have you truly LUSTED for?

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
In my mind, there are three phones that have had truly goundbreaking (sexy) design. I'm somewhat of a phone nut. I spend more time on tech sites like WPCentral, CNET and Engadget than any sane person would, so I have given this quite a bit of thought.

My first was the original Motorola Razr. It was so thin and "high tech looking" and so different from every other flip phone on the market... it really changed phone design from the moment it was created until the iPhone. I lusted for this phone.

My second was the iPhone 4. What made the first few iPhones great was iTunes (and fanboys talking them up). The iPhone 4 was different. It was so darn cool and modern looking... it was the perfect metal and glass design. No one has come close to making an all touch screen device so classy and lust-worthy. I hated that I loved it, because I have some sort of illogical intrinsic dislike of Apple.

The only other phone design that has made me LUST for a phone is the Nokia N9/Lumia 800/900/920. The moment I saw a Cyan Lumia I knew I wanted one. I was completely dismissive of the WP platform until I saw the Lumia 900. From that moment on, I started frequenting this website and other WP sites. I am going to buy a WP8 device as soon as they come out, as I have come to appreciate the platform. It's too bad that I will never own one, as I will not leave T-mobile.

Anyways... Those are my thoughts. I would love to hear if anyone else has similar opinions.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
the motorola startac was the first device I got excited for.

The Motorola Razr was the first one I got pissed about over it's exclusive deal with rogers in canada. (I later got on bell a year later)

wormy6

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
That surface phone fanart someone made on deviant art that was making rounds on this site and other sites... I def love that one. I like to imagine that it would be a 4" phone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4/5
HTC One S
Samsung Galaxy S II Worldwide version
Galaxy Note 2
Motorola Droid Razr
Motorola Razr
HTC Touch Pro 2
Nokia 800/900
Nokia N8
Xiaomi 2
Blackberry Bold 9000

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Only N8 and Lumia 920. N8 was the phone that sucked me into this kinda smartphone geekyness that I would even visit a forum like this. Between that and the Lumia 920 no phone out there offered enough while being huge tradeoffs compared to the N8. Lumia 920 still trades away a lot I love, but at least it also brings a lot to the table.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
first phone I went gaga for was probably the sony erricson T68 which was the first phone to have a colour screen
After that I think it was the Nokia N900, purely for the possibilities

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The first phone I really really wanted was the first iPhone because I thought it was neat to have a decent browser and everything just worked on it well. After that it was the iPhone 4 which I in fact still own.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
In my mind, there are three phones that have had truly goundbreaking (sexy) design. I'm somewhat of a phone nut. I spend more time on tech sites like WPCentral, CNET and Engadget than any sane person would, so I have given this quite a bit of thought.

My first was the original Motorola Razr. It was so thin and "high tech looking" and so different from every other flip phone on the market... it really changed phone design from the moment it was created until the iPhone. I lusted for this phone.

My second was the iPhone 4. What made the first few iPhones great was iTunes (and fanboys talking them up). The iPhone 4 was different. It was so darn cool and modern looking... it was the perfect metal and glass design. No one has come close to making an all touch screen device so classy and lust-worthy. I hated that I loved it, because I have some sort of illogical intrinsic dislike of Apple.

The only other phone design that has made me LUST for a phone is the Nokia N9/Lumia 800/900/920. The moment I saw a Cyan Lumia I knew I wanted one. I was completely dismissive of the WP platform until I saw the Lumia 900. From that moment on, I started frequenting this website and other WP sites. I am going to buy a WP8 device as soon as they come out, as I have come to appreciate the platform. It's too bad that I will never own one, as I will not leave T-mobile.

Anyways... Those are my thoughts. I would love to hear if anyone else has similar opinions.

I'm not sure I understand you closing sentences here. The 810 will be on T-Mobile on Nov 14th. It has the same design as the Nokia N9/Lumia 800/900/920.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The first phone I truly lusted after was the samsung d500. In the US at the time, there was nothing like it. I had to purchase from plemix.com and have it shipped from overseas, and I think the total cost with shipping was $800+ (this was about 10 years ago) but damn was it worth it!

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
OG Droid. Coming off an old iPhone original, I just never got that excited about iOS. The Droid and all it's customization was a breath of fresh air. That is until I started loading apps and the thing slowed down to a crawl due to the lack of decent memory management.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I never lusted or develop mobile love for any phone until WP7 the mobile OS appeared on the scene 2+ years ago. Not even the original iPhone 3 moved me even though I thought it was revolutionary & impressive in 2007. When WP7 was launched, I get myself a HTC Trophy not because I love the phone but more for my love-at-first-sight crush on the refreshing & groundbreaking WP7 UI.
Now, my WP7 love has blossomed into a insatiable LUST for the sexy WP8 & the sensual Lumia 920.
So that's my little secret fetish of a mobile love affair :D

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The Sony-Ericsson P800 (I bought it the day I saw it, the only time I've ever done that for a phone)
The Sony-Ericsson P910i (OMG was that sexy for its day)
The Palm Pre & Palm Pre 2 (both gorgeous form factors perfect for the hand)
The Palm LifeDrive with Phone Module (never released, alas)
Lumia 800 (I had one and it was gorgeous. Underpowered and never mass-distributed in the US, but SO much nicer than the 900)
HTC 8X in blue

captainqtp

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Nokia N900 - If this device were released again in a form factor with a larger screen and modern internals, I think I'd died and gone to heaven. I've never really wanted a device as badly as the N900. It really was groundbreaking in many ways.

If a Galaxy Note II type device came to the WP8 platform with the Wacom digitizer... that might set me off again.

tsquare2112

May 29, 2011
Visit site
This is a list of phones that I REALLY wanted:
Motorola Startac
Nokia 8260
Sony Ericsson T316
BlackBerry 8700
Tmobile MDA
BlackBerry Tour 9630
HTC G1
Tmobile My Touch
Droid X2
Phones I LUSTED after (like could'nt sleep the night before)
HTCG1
iPhone 4
Nexus (The first one)
HTC Trophy
and now the 8X

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs