Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts
    Wow, are people around here so lacking in real lives that a "leak" of a rendering should cause such consternation? It is not a photo of a device - it is just a rendering. I could take it and make it bright red with flame decals in Photoshop and it still wouldn't be an actual device. Perhaps people might want to wait until something is released before reacting as if a VZW or Samsung executive kicked your child or insulted your husband, wife, significant other....

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djarchow View Post
    Assuming the i930 is the Odyssey, if you look through the FCC documentation the phone is listed as being 4.7" x 2.42" (119.5mm x 61.5mm) in size. It would be tough to fit a screen much larger than 4" in a phone this size. In fact assuming the images of the Odyssey posted are the i930 referenced in the FCC docs, you can simply zoom the image in your browser (or in Photoshop) to be 119mm x 61.5mm and you can measure the size of the screen to be 4"
    That's a big assumption.

I'm pretty sure its the Marco, one of the two phones we know about due to the court documents from the Apple trial. The Marco is a low-end WP8 device that is 4". The Odyssey is a high end device that is 4.65" with an AMOLED HD display. This stuff is in documents given to the court and is consistent with what I've been told.

Both should be available in mid-December, likely December 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Verizon has never, in the history of mobile, EVER been an early adopter of advanced technology, including in the Windows Phone space.

Every single device it has ever sold, including the original "Droid," was a safe, boring and non-state-of-the-art device.

It is the "play-it-safe" carrier.

You go with Verizon to get a mediocre device with a sky-high pricing plan and coverage in the middle of nowhere. If you want a state-of-the-art device, it's still GSM or bust.

All of these devices for WP seem rather laughable (and this Samsung is even uglier than the 822 in white -- something I thought impossible up until now). But I have no doubt they'll be selling boatloads of them to the same people they sold LG EnV and LG Chocolate and Droid Whatever devices to... people whose "advanced applications" are e-mail and being able to make calls from rural areas with more deer than people.

It has always been that way, and it will always be that way.
    I think the 822 looks great personally. Also, the 822 is capable of doing everything any other wp on the market can do. Fail to see your logic.

I'll probably be picking up a black 822 from Costco or Walmart if I don't like what I see when they finally unveil the Odyssey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123