Surface Phone coming in mid-2013?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Digitimes released an article on Monday stating that there are reports that Foxconn has taken orders for a Microsoft branded phone and it would be released in mid-2013. There weren't many other details aside from saying that there would be a limited supply at the start. Foxconn and MS didn't comment on the story. Here's the original article:

FIH reportedly lands handset orders from Microsoft and Amazon

I think at this point with all the rumors it is almost certain that there will be an MS branded phone coming out in the near future. Since the rumor states that it will be released mid-2013 I think it would be natural for more rumors to start coming out soon, and a possible unveiling at a show like MWC.

There are also some rumors today that the phone would be sold in the UK first which makes sense since off-contract phones are generally more popular outside of North America.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has not been shy about wanting to get into the hardware business. They seem to want to get in at the ground floor, but the problem is that they will likely alienate Windows phone OEM's.

Sure ... it's only be available unlocked and at Microsoft stores ... at first ... and then they'll be competing directly with OEM's.

The challenge is that it's only a good thing if we assume that Microsoft can make the best phone. I don't think they can ..... If Microsoft gets too greedy, they may slow their growth

This is the first time I have thought it makes sense for Nokia to do what HTC does, support both Android and Windows Phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3