Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree54Likes

Turns out there are 7 Canadian years in every Earth year.

All canines were invented in Canada, hence the name. When invented, canine internal clocks were set to run to Canadian time.

As Canines, or dogs as we now call them, became popular, they were transported across the globe on ships that used them to tell the time and as maritime calenders. Every time the dog celebrated a birthday, the sailors knew that 52.14 days had elapsed.

Interestingly, modern day mobile phone companies that force you into a 3yr contract are also know as dogs.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001
    Gungzwei and lippidp like this.

Also, on the subject of the Chinese 920, I found the 920T along with the 920 on Nokia's Chinese website.
    诺基亚 920T - 诺基亚 - *国

The rumor that the new flagship Lumia is rumored to have an aluminum body. That would be awesome. I would love to hear a few details about the new phone before I jump on the 920.

I'm not too excited about the aluminium body.. It would make the phone much more prone to scratching and damage in general.
    Besides, actual launch of this new phone is far away, you can either wait a long time to buy it, or you can buy a 920 now.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonSQD View Post
    I'm not too excited about the aluminium body.. It would make the phone much more prone to scratching and damage in general.
    I'm not at all excited about the aluminium body rumors as I consider Nokia N8 one of the ugliest phones ever made (I absolutely hate those ugly plastic end caps) but what you say is not exactly true since we're talking about Nokia here. Whatever aluminium body material Nokia used in N8 is very durable and eat coins like candy:

Picture doing this to an iPhone 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaichuke View Post
    I'm not at all excited about the aluminium body rumors as I consider Nokia N8 one of the ugliest phones ever made (I absolutely hate those ugly plastic end caps) but what you say is not exactly true since we're talking about Nokia here. Whatever aluminium body material Nokia used in N8 is very durable and eat coins like candy:

Picture doing this to an iPhone 5.
    Well I was actually talking more along the lines of paint on the aluminium..

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonSQD View Post
    Well I was actually talking more along the lines of paint on the aluminium..
    Does not matter. Whatever Nokia has done with the colored aluminium oxide layer covering their old Symbian line of phones is very very durable. I remember hearing some complaints about the color wearing off eventually from contact spots like the camera hump, but it definitely does not scratch the same way iPhone does.

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungzwei View Post
    Yes, but it's Canadian years.
    lol thanks for that
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Turns out there are 7 Canadian years in every Earth year.

All canines were invented in Canada, hence the name. When invented, canine internal clocks were set to run to Canadian time.

As Canines, or dogs as we now call them, became popular, they were transported across the globe on ships that used them to tell the time and as maritime calenders. Every time the dog celebrated a birthday, the sailors knew that 52.14 days had elapsed.

Interestingly, modern day mobile phone companies that force you into a 3yr contract are also know as dogs.
    Ahhhh. That clears it up for me.
    I had always assumed it just used the US to Canadian dollar conversion rate.

To be honest, I was worried that people may have thought I was being serious. I could have gone on for about ten pages with my story.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Dang, I was a bit worried they would be prone to more scratches, but I guess not. lol

Global Posts
    10,657 Global Posts
    It only a rumor and might not happen, I heard it will be the same spec within an aluminum body.
    The craziest member on WPCentral!

SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
    Banned

There will always be a better phone coming, and then and better one than that will come out, and so on and so on. Just buy a phone

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    Aluminum phones dont' bother me much I always put my phones in a case, that's why they look like new when I sell them. Still if they can lighten the weight and improve upon their great quality already then I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGPADDY View Post
    It only a rumor and might not happen, I heard it will be the same spec within an aluminum body.
    That's actually quite a nice thought though; although the current Polycarbonate seems to be great, I would much rather have a phone with a metallic feel to it.

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Aluminum oxide is the abrasive compound used in sandpaper. It is also the stuff used in blue grinding wheels on bench top grinders. It is also the reason that accuracy gun nuts will not use aluminum cleaning rods. The aluminum easily oxidizes and damages expensive barrels. So they use stainless steel or coated. They are like audiophiles they are OCD about cleaning rods but they all agree NO to aluminum.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Just buy it if you can, or save some change and get a 900 off craigslist (200 or less). Use it for the next 6 months til a new Lumia comes. It'll get 7.8 anyway and is still a great phone.

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme

Quote Originally Posted by bovcrx View Post
    Just buy it if you can, or save some change and get a 900 off craigslist (200 or less). Use it for the next 6 months til a new Lumia comes. It'll get 7.8 anyway and is still a great phone.

Sent from my Note II with a WP8 theme
    Eh, I was actually looking to get a 920 sooner than 6 months.
    Had my HTC 7 Trophy for nearly two years (contract nearing an end :D) and the thing is sluggish now and damn near retirement.

I expect a 920 variant to be announced at MWC, hope is that they'll break this cycle of slow releases and release it quickly. We'll have to see, but my guess would be late March, early April for a flagship on Verizon. Mid-March would be stellar.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    I wonder... maybe the UK should take the leap and start going for 9 year contracts.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Well wait for the 960 it's awesome no no the 990 will be better no you right the 1K is or?
    there will always come a new better item so if you need a new phone buy it now us it for 1.5-2 years get a new don't go around waiting for the next...........

Skickat frn min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Agree with imem, get what you like now and enjoy it for two years. Even I'm looking at the 920 and I've had my HTC for a year. I want WP8 and the Lumia is the best package for me.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Thanked by:
    imem 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234