Where is my flagship device ?

dragonide

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am a proud owner of an HTC Titan, the best product I ever paid for :)

I am starting to wonder when the right time to replace it would come ...
the problem is there is no WP8 I would call 'flagship'.

HTC Titan build quality is excellent, it feels solid and resilient in my hand.
The big screen also helped me considering it the Wp7x flagship device.

Now no wp8 seems enough impressive to make me see like a real 'successor' for my Titan.

HTC wp8s have screen too small, just like Nokia Lumias.

Samsung ATIV S could be a nice try but I really don't like its shape and the build materials ... it feels so 'plastic' ... just like a toy. I think the same way of Samsung Galaxy S3.

I am really disappointed for the lacking of such device among the WP8s atm.

:(

Baenwort

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920 is well built and flagship specs. I'd get one if your carrier allows it.

I think you're miss understanding his complaint. He, like myself, wish to have a larger screen phone (5 inches or greater in my case). The 920 does have a nice feel to it but the phone does not have a large enough screen.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The largest screen is the SAMSUNG ATIV which measures 4.8 inches but there may be some coming out in the CES show. :wink:

So if don't mind waiting for a bit there might be some 5 inches or above models in a couple of months :angry:

I'm waiting to May to see if anything pop out apart from the Lumia 920 :amaze:

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia 920 is your flagship. No 5" devices until MSFT supports higher resolutions. It appears they are going to...question is just when. For most though the 4.5" screen of the 920 is excellent.

sullibr01

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
The Nokia 920 is your flagship. No 5" devices until MSFT supports higher resolutions. It appears they are going to...question is just when. For most though the 4.5" screen of the 920 is excellent.

Where did you hear that MSFT was even hinting at supporting display resolutions beyond the three they support now? Doesn't sound like anything MSFT would embrace anytime soon. Any info would be great.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The real Flagship device is something with sufficient internal storage 32GB AND microSD slot. HTC pathetic offering of 16GB (before formatting) no microSD and the other two choices on Verizon are middle or low end. Verizon is once again crippling the product choice in favor of Android and iOS. They specify what is designed for their network and clearly they don't want much of a real offering from any of these companies.

Where is the Nokia 920 on Verizon or something higher.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not why flagship and screen size need to be synonymous. I know many people want a phone with a big screen, but that doesn't make it the flagship phone. I would argue that the Galaxy SIII is Samsung's Flagship phone, not the Note. HTC or Samsung could very well come out with a 5 inch phone but that alone won't guarantee it is the best or flagship.

cluberti

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Where is the Nokia 920 on Verizon or something higher.
Ask Nokia, or probably more appropriately, ask Verizon. They generally have very few "flagship" devices period, regardless of OS - most of their devices are mid-range at best. I know they get a few, but most seem to go to AT&T, and there are probably reasons for this that go well beyond Nokia or Windows Phone.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Likely due to the fact that some OEM's are more willing to make the "flagship" devices for the international market and well Verizon wants profit and if you get middle of the road hardware you can drop the price quickly and still make profit, and pay less to Apple.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I won't buy anything not Nokia any longer, their dedication to their products is amazing and puts the other OEMs to shame.

I came from a titan and honestly .2 inches really is not noticeably smaller.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
4.8" would be enough, but as I already said Samsung ATIV S looks like a toy to me :(
4.5" would not :(
Maybe I should wait for CES, I hope they are going to release interesting news.

P.S. wow I used my old WebOS forum account, this didn't work the first time I tried it :)

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I am in the process of selling my GN2 and will either get a Nokia 822 off of eBay or ride it out a month or two on my old trusty rusty backup flip phone for a month or two again and let the coin sit in the bank. I want Nokia, but I want a high end device and better than the 920.

john6504

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
My first Nokia Lumia 800 had a 3.7" inch screen.

I think even the Nokia Lumia 900 was big enough with its 4.3 '' inch display.
Nokia Lumia 920 got 4.5 '' inch, so I think its enough.
(even that are almost to big)
And Samsung Ativ s have 4.8"
I prefeer a smartphone and not a phablet.

Not so practical to carry around this big devices in a pocket or a jacket..

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I think 4.5-5.0" is a good size range but the quality of the screen is more important. Who wants a 6.1" screen if the ppi is too low.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)