Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JPDVM2014
  • 1 Post By JPDVM2014

I wasn't sure whether I should put this in off-topic or here. So if it should be in off-topic, I apologize. Anyway, I wanted to get everyone's opinion on what the chances of anyone launching a Note II type device. Now, I don't really mean the size as much as the functionality. I love WP, and have a love/hate relationship with Android. But I was just looking at info on the Note II last night, and some of the functionality is really compelling. Especially the ability to snap two different apps and use both simultaneously. The only issue I see with it, is that the OEM's can't really modify WP to their liking. So any UI features would have to come from MS. The first OEM to make a WP8 Note II will get my money. (hoping for a Nokia) So what's everyones thoughts? Maybe when WP 8.5 launches?
    Thanked by:
    Gergolos likes this.

Thanks a lot for the info!

Did not know Note II could do stuff like that!

Yea, I have said it before, but if any device is going to drag me away from WP, it would be the Note II or something similar.
    gmlongo likes this.

Global Posts
    5,165 Global Posts
    I had the GN2 until Monday when I sold it and ordered a Nokia 822. Its a great phone, Samsung software extras are nice, but Verizon likes to strip stuff out as well so rooting and unlocking was necessary. I think 5" device is more optimal as the 5.5" device at times felt too big. But I am sure when I get my 822 I will feel like I'm holding a matchbox car.

Global Posts
    8,061 Global Posts
    I doubt there will be any pen-based device running on Windows Phone ever; it's more likely that any pen-based device will be Windows RT, because the pen-support is already built in to that OS.