Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I can tell you right now that VZW almost never does a heavy subsidy. I mean the Razr Maxx was Verizon's #1 seller for a quarter and it was $300.

Anyway, Tuesday I have a very large conference where we normally talk about upcoming devices and our product strategy for the year. At last year's we learned about the LG Lucid and Intuition, the HTC DNA and Incredible 4G, and the Note 2 in January. I'm hoping they'll spill some beans on upcoming Windows Phones this year since VZW seems genuinely interested in WP8.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Let us know when you're done with that conference!

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    I had the Lumia 822 and loved it...but there was a lot of things that I felt were not finished in the OS...if there is something similar to the 920 coming to Verizon, I may have to dump my Galaxy Note 2 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rkeenan View Post
    I had the Lumia 822 and loved it...but there was a lot of things that I felt were not finished in the OS...if there is something similar to the 920 coming to Verizon, I may have to dump my Galaxy Note 2 for it.
    You realize that the 920 and 822 have the same core OS features and use the same OS right?

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    You realize that the 920 and 822 have the same core OS features and use the same OS right?
    Of course I do. Now I have a tablet to make up for the lacking of the Windows Phone OS. I liked the 920, the 822 was too small because I had bad eyesight. I also bought an ipod touch for podcasts and music.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeenan View Post
    Of course I do. Now I have a tablet to make up for the lacking of the Windows Phone OS. I liked the 920, the 822 was too small because I had bad eyesight. I also bought an ipod touch for podcasts and music.
    Not trying to offend but I'm not sure if .2" is even a noticeable difference. Its tough to tell that the DNAs screen is .2" bigger than the S3s.
    RSM for VZW
    Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
    I was thinking...Does anyone remember the red polycarbonate shell that was leaked a while ago from the unreliable source? Remember the huge opening where we think the camera sensor should be? Does anything think that is the Nokia Laser? All we could tell from the image was that it was a solid single piece of polycarbonate that resembled a Lumia 920 but is supposedly thinner. I only think this was possibly the shell for the Laser because the EOS is supposed to be an all metal frame.
    Tom Warren also said we would be very very happy with what we got, but I don't think any of us would be "really happy" over a slightly thinner 920. I'm sure we would be happy just not really happy.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    So far just a Lucid 2 and some hands on time with the new BlackBerry
    RSM for VZW

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honestabebread View Post
    So far just a Lucid 2 and some hands on time with the new BlackBerry
    keep us posted...i'm sure we are all hoping they let the cat out of the bag for you today. :)

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    All they said is we are going to continue our support of WP8. No new devices.

However. I got to play with the BlackBerry Z10 and it is ****ing amazing.
    RSM for VZW

Do they normally let you guys see unannounced devices at these things?

On the Z10 - amazing? I do find it hard to believe, but you're not the first one to say it?

Anything particularly great about it, speed, features, ease of use, killer apps, form factor?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Beautiful hardware, very fast and snappy. Same reasons I love my 8X. Camera was great.

Its about the same size as the 8X, a little slimmer though. Screen is gorgeous, very responsive. The OS was verrrryyyy smooth and I could not get it to hiccup.

HDMI out is sick.
    Last edited by Honestabebread; 01-29-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    RSM for VZW

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Beautiful hardware, very fast and snappy. Same reasons I love my 8X. Camera was great.

Its about the same size as the 8X, a little slimmer though. Screen is gorgeous, very responsive. The OS was verrrryyyy smooth and I could not get it to hiccup.

HDMI out is sick.
    Any mention of a release date (besides "coming weeks")? One can hope :)
    MWC couldn't come soon enough.

DEAR TOM WARREN: WHATEVER IT IS, MAKE IT CYAN w/ MICROSD PLEASE! :D

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cametall View Post
    Any mention of a release date (besides "coming weeks")? One can hope :)
    End of March
    RSM for VZW
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    End of March
    You are by far my favorite poster.
    hopmedic likes this.

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    Now if you could only give us Verizon Portico time frame... That would make my day 😇
    jasqid likes this.

End of March
    Are you referring to BB10 or the new VZW nokia?

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Are you referring to BB10 or the new VZW nokia?
    BB10. I haven't heard jack about new Windows Phones, just a lot about Windows Phone in general. The financial department is pushing WP big time because (like MacPhisto and all you theorists figured) its cheaper to VZW than Android or iOS
    RSM for VZW
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123