From Tom Warren on Twitter (VZW Lumia)

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Please Santa, I'll be a good boy the rest of the year and not ask for anything for Christmas (except the ability to play .wavs and use my local storage for documents with out them being hidden in "other")

segadc

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Nice! I couldn't wait literally cause my phone died so that is why I have the HTC 8X (and loving it actually). But hey if it gets more people to buy WP8 devices and more developers will want to develop for it. So sweet! Also I am not on contract so I could always buy it full price and sell my HTC 8X. Though it would have to really impress me and I don't normally sell my phones. It will be interesting to see the if they go bukly or think...

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Tom Warren tweets on Verizon Lumia

New Lumia coming from Verizon? Tom Warren seems to be pretty confident in this -

"If you're on Verizon and you want a high-end Nokia Lumia. You're gonna be happy soon."

I couldn't be more stoked. He seems to be with it pretty consistently.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tom Warren tweets on Verizon Lumia

Didn't somebody from Nokia say that in 2013 they will have low, mid and high end phone on T-mobile, Verizon and AT&T in USA?

Imo the only question is that will Lumia 920 be available from Verizon or does Nokia mean that the next wave of phones will be available on all 3 in USA.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My question is whether we're going to get a 92x or if we're going to get something better, newer?

Yeah that's what i meant.
Nokia wont do separate, better variant of Lumia 920 for Verizon alone when its main markets are Europe and Asia and we are just talking about one carrier, but i do hope with the next phones there wont be AT&T exclusivity in USA.

shingi_70

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
What about T-Mobile?

I have to think I could for go all of my reservations about Windows Phone 8 with a T-Mobile capable LTE black Lumia 920.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's what i meant.
Nokia wont do separate, better variant of Lumia 920 for Verizon alone when its main markets are Europe and Asia and we are just talking about one carrier, but i do hope with the next phones there wont be AT&T exclusivity in USA.
But this is exactly what they did with the lower-end Lumia 820/822/810. They made a separate, better variant of the 820 for Verizon. They also made a separate variant for TMO.

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Anybody remember the rumors about the 910 that was supposed to go to T-Mobile? That may be part of this wave. Maybe sprint will be part of this high end push as well.

Joe Norris

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was about to get a 822 on Verizon, should I wait until I see what comes from this news? I'd like a higher variant of Lumia if I can get one.

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I imagine it should be out shortly after MWC. I can't see them upgrading the specs all that much, I bet we're on track for similar hardware, screen, processor, camera.. Just a slightly modified form factor.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I imagine it should be out shortly after MWC. I can't see them upgrading the specs all that much, I bet we're on track for similar hardware, screen, processor, camera.. Just a slightly modified form factor.

I hope the form factor for the Lumia 92x or 102x variant is a little different; I've never liked the squared look of the Lumia 900 or Lumia 920.

Twice Born

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm just the opposite. I hope it keeps the same form factor or at least very similar. I love the squared off look. I'm tired of all the round-edged phones I've had.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I am predicting a higher megapixel camera and possible the rumored aluminum body. Otherwise I think it will have similar specs to the 920. Hopefully Verizon will not force them to round the corners!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3