HTC based WP8 device with Sprint's LTE flavor spoted at FCC?

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You be the judge on this article by WPCentral's favorite reporters Mr. Alan F... And again I ask, why the bias against reporting anything positIve involving WP8 and Sprint...

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sprints-first-Windows-Phone-8-device-meets-FCC-dressed-in-HTC-brand_id38902

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Instead of burying the story, how about wpcentral becomes less biased against anything Sprint? That would be easier than followed by PreCentral did.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
And this site seems to be very anti CDMA/anti Sprint, even when they "do the right thing."

I did follow your suggestion and submitted this story and the Nokia vs Non partner carriers in the US story. Let's see if these bring some attention or are kept in the dark because it mentions Sprint and WP8 together in a good way, and Nokia being Nokia when it comes to the third largest carrier and the remaining national, regional, and virtually every prepaid carrier on the CDMA 2000 side.

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Like mlm said. Instead of getting butt hurt...

I've found tidbits about Verizon and submitted them via the contact form. They've either credited me for it, or someone else had beat me to it and they got credit. It's a community supported site.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Here's the thing. This could be community based, but the bias against CDMA carriers outside of Verizon in the US is mindboggling, but when it comes to bash them (especially anything related to Sprint and the MVNOs on their network) is too obvious.

What also really bothers me is how this site heavily endorse Nokia, and try everything to hide reports about them not being interested in the (twice as large than GSM) CDMA market in the US for the time being, unless it's Verizon.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Butt hurt? Not really. Presenting facts which go against the "agenda" of the site when it comes to technology and making Sprint the blacksheep for stating the facts of how poor sales for WP7 devices were, especially when Microsoft discouraged the OEMs on making CDMA variants of several devices because they are time pressed to change the CDMA coding before the summer gets here in order to meet what could be FCC new mobile network security requiremets for both GSM and CDMA2000 networks.

Yes, I did say new FCC requirements, which windows phone 8 has not meet yet, even when the FCC strongly mandated to get with current Qualcomm standards (you were not alone, Google had to do the same starting with ICS and beyond, but in their case they delivered right on time).

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Funny to see this article has not been mentioned at all, even though I sent them a link to it two weeks ago. Gotta love "hidden agendas" and bias against CDMA carriers in the US excluding Verizon.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
That does not show this article posted on WPcentral at all, but links to a google search which leads to phonearena. The same can be said for the Nokia article. Over two weeks of being submitted, and still not a mention of them at all, especially when the one on this post is from Alan F (who has been used all the time when phonearena published any Windows Phone related articles).

It only shows bias against Sprint when it comes to stories that cannot be considered for the agenda this site has (and perhaps their owners' agenda which has entered in the third year if including the WebOS Nation and the Crackberry troll/spam/libel campaigns).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786