Nokia EOS. 41MP PureView Lumia phone in MWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This will be amazing if true. The Verge has been pulling out stuff today about Lumia PureView phone called EOS that will feature similar sensor to 808 PureView.
  • Nokia’s 2013 flagship is codenamed EOS and it will feature 808 PureView like sensor
  • AT&T will stock this phone later this year. No announcement or release dates given
  • EOS will feature new Nokia design with aluminium build and square edges
  • This same design will be followed by a Lumia 920 replacement (not 920 successor) codenamed Catwalk. Codename we have heard before
  • There’s also mid-range device that will debut in early summer
  • Nokia will also introduce its Windows 8 RT tablet early 2013. This is one major contradiction to the rumor earlier today
This device would be announced in MWC. Damn this would be amazing if true. :shocked::shocked:

Above copy pasted from Nokia EOS is the codename for aluminium high megapixel Nokia Lumia phone | nokiagadgets.com

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Worthy successor to my 920. Just hope one day the OS will let me reply to an email request for my resume with something other than a picture....

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If this is real, it will be my next phone. This is just about the only thing that could keep my on Windows Phone at this point. I will otherwise be defecting to either BB10 or iOS.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope it all gets revealed at MWC next month so that I can then decide whether to sell my 920 and wait or just not bother. I hate it when they make everything secret until the last second lol.

And are you the same tissotti from Mobile Review? its Crusaderuk ;)

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I hope it all gets revealed at MWC next month so that I can then decide whether to sell my 920 and wait or just not bother. I hate it when they make everything secret until the last second lol.

And are you the same tissotti from Mobile Review? its Crusaderuk ;)

I just might be. ;) Nice to see you over here. :D

Hopefully we get some kind of teaser like we got for 808 PureView before MWC last year.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The PureView 808 was announced at the 2012 MWC and it was "available" (in limited areas of course...) in May 2012 and in others in June 2012.
I'm guessing we will see similar lag in availability for whatever gets announced at 2013 MWC too...

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My only hope is that "ATT will stock this phone" doesn't mean exclusively. If so, I hope it is a rumor that falls flat. I'm fed up with getting the second rate phones.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My only hope is that "ATT will stock this phone" doesn't mean exclusively. If so, I hope it is a rumor that falls flat. I'm fed up with getting the second rate phones.
This is why I am switching to ATT. They seem to get any phone on any platform. The more choices the better.

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
41MP or not. My next Windows Phone will be 4.7" - 5.0" and have a 1080p resolution. If this so called EOS (rumor 4.3) doesn't have it, then my Lumia 920 will get more quality time and my other lines up for upgrade will have to wait a bit longer. Don't want to downgrade screen size again like I did from the Titan.

brdl04

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
41MP or not. My next Windows Phone will be 4.7" - 5.0" and have a 1080p resolution. If this so called EOS (rumor 4.3) doesn't have it, then my Lumia 920 will get more quality time and my other lines up for upgrade will have to wait a bit longer. Don't want to downgrade screen size again like I did from the Titan.
1080p not likely . Remember windows 8 originally only supported 720p or 768

gareth2627

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This will be amazing if true. The Verge has been pulling out stuff today about Lumia PureView phone called EOS that will feature similar sensor to 808 PureView.
This device would be announced in MWC. Damn this would be amazing if true. :shocked::shocked:

Its true, its on the coming soon list from here : Nokia 808 PureView - Nokia Mobile Phones at BuyMobilePhones.net Ltd.

Above copy pasted from Nokia EOS is the codename for aluminium high megapixel Nokia Lumia phone | nokiagadgets.com

TheLuminis620

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
While most people are looking into the EOS and Catwalk, I'm actually more interested in the mid-range device. We could see the Nokia Lumia 720 right there...

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Will the EOS come with a combination of the 41MP pureview from the 808 and the OIS pureview from the 920? Or will it just be an WP8 version of the 808? I hope it comes with both, that would make me dump my 920 for it! What do you guys think?

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Will the EOS come with a combination of the 41MP pureview from the 808 and the OIS pureview from the 920? Or will it just be an WP8 version of the 808? I hope it comes with both, that would make me dump my 920 for it! What do you guys think?

It seems like the next logical step. They better, I mean HTC's One has it's "ultrapixel" sensor + OIS now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss