Windows Phone 9

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I am NOT disappointed by Windows Phone 8.
And I am not waiting for WP9.

But, iPhone 6 and Galaxy S4 is on the way.
So, do we have any rumors on WP9?

I believe MS has made a good first impression with WP8.
But, it needs to have the momentum if it wants to continue and get more market share.
We have to fight with BB10 also.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, windows phone 9 is going to use a new kernel and all existing windows phone 8 users will get OS version 8.9,

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not even a peep about Windows Phone 9. I wouldn't expect any news soon. We'll most likely to get a massive WP8.X update with a few smaller updates in between before WP9 officially drops.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's the features we get that are important, not the OS number. Windows Phone isn't like iOS where they just slap a new number on the same old OS every year. It will follow the Windows numbering so you won't see a Windows Phone 9 until you see Windows 9 in like 3 years. It will be more like Android where you have 4.0, then 4.1, then 4.2, etc....

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't care about the number.

But, I care about the update (or upgrade).

I talk to my friends about Windows Phone a lot.
And I compare my phone with their S3 and iP5.
So, when start saying about S4 and iP6, I also should be able to say that WP8+ is coming.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 9 "WP9" will be made on NT 7.0 Eco Windows platform. Q4 2014 about 2 years after WP8. Should be 64-bit using ARMv8 or Intel 64.

ARMv8 is backward compatible with ARMv7 😎

suresh419

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Wp9 will also feature holographic images... Jk, i think ita too early to talk about it. The only thing i really want wp8 to have is: txt tones and dropbox, n they should hurry on it before i jump ship to bb10

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Wp9 will also feature holographic images... Jk, i think ita too early to talk about it. The only thing i really want wp8 to have is: txt tones and dropbox, n they should hurry on it before i jump ship to bb10

Never too early to talk about the future! Till then we have WP8.1 very soon with 8 or more fixes!
Over the next 20 months we should see WP 8.1, 8.5, maybe 8.9 would be nice before they killed WP8.x platform off with new WP9.

I Thought they had Dropbox for WP8 already?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's the features we get that are important, not the OS number. Windows Phone isn't like iOS where they just slap a new number on the same old OS every year. It will follow the Windows numbering so you won't see a Windows Phone 9 until you see Windows 9 in like 3 years. It will be more like Android where you have 4.0, then 4.1, then 4.2, etc....
Not correct. Blue is going to be later this year, and represents a shift in the 3 year cycle to an annual cycle.

Later news broke that the code name for "Apollo+" would actually be "Portico."
Incorrect. Portico is out now. There are a few articles a week now from WPCentral telling of which phones are getting the update currently. Appollo+ is still on the way. And for all I know, I suppose it is possible that Apollo+ could also be part of Blue (mentioned above), but I'm just throwing that out as a possibility, and have no idea.

It's not too early to talk about it. Never. As for Dropbox, have you looked at Box to see if it would meet your needs? WPCentral ran this article the other day about Box giving away free 25GB accounts. I don't use the cloud much, but I signed up for mine, just in case. They have a WP app, too. Just make sure you don't register through the app or you won't get the 25GB. Do it through the link in the article. I'm not sure if the special is still going on, but you may do well if it meets your needs.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Again all Windows Blue is "SP1" Service Pack 1 for Windows 8 and Windows 8 RT with a compatibility update for Windows Phone 8.x platform.

Blue is not a NEW Operating System! It's a "SP1"!!.....don't know why people think Microsoft is going to kill off all Modern UI OS?

Only thing I see them changing in Windows 8 is giving people the option to classic mode desktop with out ever using Modern UI. I would not add a Start Button BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY THERE! I own Windows 8 and the two Microsoft did wrong was not given people choose of UI from boot up! The other is a learning Modern UI video! Because people got lost! Windows 8 is extremely simple after this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wi8NpwiEuzc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss