Where are the "Laser" leaks?

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else feel like we should be seeing some leaks on this device and maybe the catwalk too? If they're going to make an appearance at MWC I feel like we should be seeing some pics leak of them soon. I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but I will be a little worried if we don't start seeing some promotional materials leaked. I think it kind of suggests that these phones aren't coming as soon as everyone keeps teasing us with. The 920 leaked before it was unveiled and it took months after that unveiling before they even gave it a release date. I just don't want to hear the media rip Nokia again for showing hardware that isn't quickly ready for distribution, and on a more selfish note I want a Verizon flagship Lumia ASAP. Every decent smartphone seems to leak before it's unveiled these days so I'm just a little surprised we haven't seen anything yet other than a few tweets saying it may exist.

davec53

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
i was sort of wondering the same thing. usually by this time, you'd think a sneaky photo or 2 might have gotten loose. i still expect that to be the case...just wondering when.

cametall

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm right there with you. I want to try a different OS from Android and iOS, which leaves WP8 and the BB10 when that gets released here.

If Nokia pulls a "RIM" (or BBRY) then I'll be hopping on a Z10 before the Lazer is even released. Ugh... I hate Verizon's WP8 selection.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think we saw the 822 too much before it was released. The Verizon 920 likely won't be a global release so they may be able to keep it under raps a little better.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think we saw the 822 too much before it was released. The Verizon 920 likely won't be a global release so they may be able to keep it under raps a little better.
That's the key. Gobal versions are the ones that leak, not usually carrier specific.

Though i will say i'm not all sure we will see Catwalk and especially EOS in MWC. I got a feeling Nokia will announce Lumia 7xx (710 replacement) and Lumia 5xx. Those two seem to be the ones most likely getting announced as they have gone past the "Indonesia's FCC". So we know Nokia is making those.
Listings of Lumia 1000, 910, 730, 720, 719 and 520 appear | nokiagadgets.com

Imo we will see EOS and catwalk before summer, but not in MWC.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
People are getting upset over no leaks? lol

You only get leaks if you're lucky enough to have an employee get their hands on the device and leak pics or other info. With the way everyone has a cellphone camera, and with all the social media out there you can bet that companies are trying extra hard to stop leaks from getting out now. Maybe Nokia is just running a tighter ship now like Apple does in regards to leaks.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Even the iPhone 5 leaked quite a bit before it's launch. Everyone knew the screen size and what the casing would look like. I do agree with some of what some of the others said about it being a carrier specific phone so maybe less people have seen it and had an oppurtunity to sneak a pic. It could also be a good thing too. Because I remember how ugly I thought the 822 was in it's first leaked pictures and it is much more presentable in official promotions and in person. I just want a picture to leak so I can make sure Verizon hasn't plastered a big logo down the center of the screen or across the camera lens.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
As we know, Lumia 920 and 820 were leaked to the public before the official launch. Those leaks occurred only a few days prior to the launch event (August 31th by @evleaks) though.

I would say Nokia has indeed improved on their security compared to the recent years and because of that there is not going to be any leaks until there's a real chance of that happening eg. the time when press materials and documents of the new devices go to print or otherwise start to circulate.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure i have seen those patent pics before and anyways the design represents Nokia's 2011, Symbianish design language with quite a bit.
I doubt this will have to do with any of the future Nokia's.

I concur. That funky-looking front bezel that seems to be extending from the front towards to the back can be seen in Asha 205.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3