Good news for Tmo

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was at best buy looking at the surface pro. Another guy walked up and was talking to the store's win8 guru. He said he worked for MS but in the phone division. He confirms that a flagship level phone is coming to Tmo soon. Cool!

Yeah, I know it's been rumored before but this makes me much more certain that this will happen. Interesting, he also pulled out a blurple 8x. Said he traded in his 920 due to weight.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm taking this rumor with a huge grain of salt, I'm not sure if a MS employee would go around randomly letting people in on stuff like that, but I'm going to try to remain optimistic since that's fairly awesome if true.

Though if the "flagship" is a phablet with a 5"+ screen, I won't be buying it - but it'll be good for WP on T-Mobile to have a flagship.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No one in his right mind working for Microsoft would risk his job by blabbing that kind of information to someone that wasn't a person he trusted not to reveal his identity - as in a trusted media outlet person who he knows will not reveal his source. My money is on one of two things:
a) he doesn't work for Microsoft, and likes to see the rumor mill going, wants to see how far his rumor will go.
b) he works at Microsoft, and is about to get laid off from his job taking out the garbage.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No one in his right mind working for Microsoft would risk his job by blabbing that kind of information to someone that wasn't a person he trusted not to reveal his identity - as in a trusted media outlet person who he knows will not reveal his source. My money is on one of two things:
a) he doesn't work for Microsoft, and likes to see the rumor mill going, wants to see how far his rumor will go.
b) he works at Microsoft, and is about to get laid off from his job taking out the garbage.

first of all, this rumor has been circulating for some time. Second, he may be permitted to say certain things while others he must keep his mouth shut about. I have no reason to doubt him as this confirms preexisting rumors. On the other hand I have no hard evidence to support this. In any case, my sharing this rumor under the appropriate topic should not be cause to attack a strangers character.

Finally, I don't know this guys name and probably couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You call it attacking character. I call it setting the record straight. The only thing his "confirmation of rumor" means is that he can read as well as the rest of us. There's no way that guy worked in an informed capacity at Microsoft.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You call it attacking character. I call it setting the record straight. The only thing his "confirmation of rumor" means is that he can read as well as the rest of us. There's no way that guy worked in an informed capacity at Microsoft.

thank you for setting the record straight.

Last edited:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Mystery man can read, too, apparently. He didn't say anything we didn't already hear elsewhere.
Show me an article before The Verge's February 28th article that talks about the catwalk on T-Mobile. Everybody picked up on The Verge's story, even TmoNews. I don't think that specific rumor was heard elsewhere before the 28th. That and The Verge is a much more credible source than some guy who may or may not be a Microsoft employee spreading rumors everywhere. Many of the top tech blogs keep reputable sources close at hand that have had a proven track record of successful tips that turn out true, otherwise they would report absolutely everything that comes to them.

This gives the rumor a bit more validity. Thank you, op.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh, brother. *I* heard that rumor before reading the op, and my name is Joe Nobody. I don't remember where and I'm not going to waste the effort looking it up just to feed the trolls.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about the older articles that talked about catwalk in general - those didn't mention T-Mobile, and it's always nice to hear when a phone is coming to T-Mobile, particularly if it's a high end phone already rumored to be in the works.

Either way, unless some other reputable outlet reported it before them, The Verge were the ones who just made this rumor much more valid. The rumor could have been around since 2011 but it's much more legit now than it was then (for previously mentioned reasoning about reporting @ The Verge).

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Isn't the 720 or 520 coming to T-mobile? Those are REAL high end for T-mobile!
Are they? They have the Lumia 810 which is higher end than those two. Aren't the 720 and 520 both 512mb RAM and less than 1.5 Ghz? No matter... I LOVE the small size of the 520 and would consider getting it just for that alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786