Nokia Lumia 928 coming soon to Verizon?

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
It may be similar to the 720, but I am thinking it will at least match the 4.5" screen of the 920 which won't fit in the 720 body.

Another possibility is that it will look similar in style to the 822, given that a version of the 920 was supposedly coming to Verizon up until the last minute when ATT signed exclusivity deal. They may have designed it back then to match the 822 in styling cues.

Either way, the FCC pics make it appear that the 928 will be rounded off instead of squared as the 920 was.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned a while ago that perhaps Nokia will go into a 6 month release schedule between AT&T and Verizon. They could come out with a top tier phone twice a year and satisfy exclusives all at the same time. I have no proof just my own thoughts.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
So I just was looking at Lumia 928 posts on twitter, and it was kind of funny because a lot of them link to articles that site this thread as a source. It does seem like a lot of people are interested in this device. It seems like it's becoming the holy grail of windows phones. As much as I want this device and I plan to pick it up ASAP I'm surpirsed people are more interested in this than the EOS. I assume it's because of the tiny leaks we've been getting at the FCC and in Verizon'd logs. If AT&T let something about the EOS slip I wonder if the 928 would continue to get so much attention.

Now back to the important stuff anyone think it's possible Verizon and Nokia could announce this device at their Nokia Music event? It seems like a long shot, but even WPCentral mentioned it as a possibility. As unlikely as it is I hope so.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
the 720 is beautiful, that would be awesome, I agree.

If Verizon is dying for Windows Phone to succeed, can you tell me why on earth they stripped the group SMS feature from all WP8 phones. It really makes no sense to me, especially because the HTC Trophy, which was WP7, had group SMS on Verizon. I can't tell you how frustrating it is that WP8 has the feature built in, and the only carrier in the world that strips it is Verizon. Nobody can ever shed light on this issue...

Gungzwei

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't be too surprised if Verizon and Nokia announce the 928 at the South by SouthWest (SXSW.com) festival in Austin. It's a big event and a rather odd mashup of tech conference, film festial and concerts.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, or not catching the context, but the first line in the press release reads "Nokia and Verizon Wireless will present an exclusive launch event at the legendary Arlyn Studios".

Nokia And Verizon Wireless To Present Late Night At Arlyn Studios Concert Series Launch Featuring Exclusive Performance By Solange On Sunday, March 10th

Nokia Music is already out, so what is the exclusive launch? *fingers crossed*

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
That does look promising since Verizon tends to announce phones on Thursday, I believe, and that announcement is for Thursday. I'm getting pretty stoked as well.

elpedrogrande

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be too surprised if Verizon and Nokia announce the 928 at the South by SouthWest (SXSW.com) festival in Austin. It's a big event and a rather odd mashup of tech conference, film festial and concerts.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, or not catching the context, but the first line in the press release reads "Nokia and Verizon Wireless will present an exclusive launch event at the legendary Arlyn Studios".

Nokia And Verizon Wireless To Present Late Night At Arlyn Studios Concert Series Launch Featuring Exclusive Performance By Solange On Sunday, March 10th

Nokia Music is already out, so what is the exclusive launch? *fingers crossed*

In this instance, the 'Launch' is referring to this concert series.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
the 720 is beautiful, that would be awesome, I agree.

If Verizon is dying for Windows Phone to succeed, can you tell me why on earth they stripped the group SMS feature from all WP8 phones. It really makes no sense to me, especially because the HTC Trophy, which was WP7, had group SMS on Verizon. I can't tell you how frustrating it is that WP8 has the feature built in, and the only carrier in the world that strips it is Verizon. Nobody can ever shed light on this issue...

Maybe because Android doesn't have it so Verizon decided no one cared? I personally hate it. When I send a group text out, like an invitation to grab some beers or whatever, I like getting the threaded responses. My friend with an iPhone complains every time I do it because he sees everyone's reply.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe because Android doesn't have it so Verizon decided no one cared? I personally hate it. When I send a group text out, like an invitation to grab some beers or whatever, I like getting the threaded responses. My friend with an iPhone complains every time I do it because he sees everyone's reply.

I won't argue on whether it's good or not because that's not even important, the point is, Windows Phone has the feature in the settings, and you can either turn it on or off. Why would you remove that option? What good does that do? Again, every single other carrier in the world doesn't touch the feature. Also, all Blackberries and iPhones and some Android phones also have the feature as an option in the settings, and Verizon doesn't mind it. But on Windows Phone, it's removed. Mind boggling really..

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The FCC filing shows the label on the bottom of the device... any time the label is on the outside of the device, it means it wont have a battery cover that will be removable, and that means the battery wont be removable either...
Now the 720 does have MicroSD support and has that non-removable battery...with that 3 pin connector for wireless charging... worth a thought:)
If this uses the same or an evolution of the Nokia N8 camera (also 12MP) then this will be a heck of a camera! And yes, i have a N8 and the PureView 808.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Group text can always be turned off by the user

The vast majority of my friends have iPhones. None complain about group texts. In fact, it's a way we regularly communicate. Being able to have a text conversation with multiple people at once is extremely nice and getting rid of it would just be frustrating. At the very least I'd be left out of many, many conversations I'm currently in with my Trophy.

Basically, by upgrading to WP8 on Verizon I'd suddenly be outside of my social group, as we're spread all over the country and the biweekly group text is a nice way to keep our inside jokes alive. Not sure a phone is worth that.

JudgeHolden

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish I had an answer for you guys but its just not there. Sorry.

And that's fine. For that reason, my money just isn't there with Verizon.

We have options for a reason. When someone won't give you a feature you need, the odds are pretty decent that someone else will. I haven't made the jump yet, because I'm still in contract a bit longer, but I've been eligible for upgrade since 1/27. That means Verizon has a few months to at least be transparent about the decision and why it's WP8 only (security issues?), resolve it, or promise resolution.

It's a feature users have come to expect, so removing it without mention is just... odd. Transparency is always a good thing. If it's a security risk and MSFT won't let them verbalize that, I dunno, but simply not putting it there and not really commenting on why, why just WP8, and whether it'll change is bad business.

DurnDurnDurn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Go look on the Verge. Tom Warren just posted some of the specs.

Microsoft is gearing up to market Nokia's upcoming Verizon flagship heavily. Sources familiar with Nokia's plans have revealed to The Verge that the company plans to launch its Lumia 928 handset in April on Verizon. Known previously as Laser, the Lumia 920 variant will include some significant changes that make it a new standalone device. We're told that Nokia will switch to aluminum for the 928, with a xenon and LED flash combination for the 8-megapixel PureView camera.
Nokia's new flagship will also reduce the weight and thickness compared to the Lumia 920. We're told the Lumia 928 is 10.2mm at its thinnest point with a slightly curved back. The Lumia 928 has a squared look that's similar to the Lumia 720 and is said to feel a lot lighter than the Lumia 920. Other specifications, including CPU and RAM, will be identical to the Lumia 920. The 928 will also launch with a 4.5-inch OLED display and support for simultaneous voice and LTE (SVLTE) — other Verizon devices support SVLTE, but the iPhone 5 notably does not.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
If this is true it will be HUGE!!! XENON FLASH **** YEAH!!! ALUMINUM!!.Sorry for screaming but i am very excited about these news..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb