What will make you switch from Nokia?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This is a thread that asks you what will make you switch from Nokia to another Windows Phone manufacturer. I love Nokia, and I'm rocking an amazing yellow 920 which I love, but if Samsung or HTC make a windows phone that blows Nokia away, I will probably switch. Post away!!

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
In reality, probably nothing for a while. It seems that Nokia has got the reigns for Windows Phone. Until more market share is gained, it will be considered an afterthought by other manufacturers.

Saying that, it really wouldn't take much at this point. After the hardware issues I've had with my 900's and 920 it wouldn't take much for me to seriously consider another manufacturer. On the other hand, I don't see a manufacturer coming along at any time soon that will invest what Nokia has invested into Windows Phone.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Nokia gets that different people have different needs. Samsung aren't going to produce the equivalent of a 620 any time soon... So I guess I'll stick with Nokia for a while!

Aggemam

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm lovin my Lumia 920. Probably gonna stick with Nokia, they're doing a very good job. But if MSFT made a surface phone, I'd be very tempted.

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It would take Samsung and HTC actually supporting the ecosystem. I quite enjoy having apps on time and a manufacturer that fights for its customers even when Microsoft won't. . .

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
If Samsung made the Ativ SII with all the features that the SIV has (except for 1080p and quad core, as WP doesn't support it as of now), and actually market it and release it on AT&T, I would consider it.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
If HTC gives me the same support in apps, better screen resolution, long battery life, same design as the One with expandable storage and cheaper price tag..

Samsung.. Nope I'll never switch..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It would probably take a lot. I do not like HTC's hardware, whether Windows Phone or Android. The only vendor I like other than Nokia is Samsung, but Samsung does not offer much in the way of Windows Phone devices.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
It would probably take a lot. I do not like HTC's hardware, whether Windows Phone or Android. The only vendor I like other than Nokia is Samsung, but Samsung does not offer much in the way of Windows Phone devices.

Everyone has its own opinion, but the 8X is a slick device no matter who is looking at it..

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I won't be switching anytime soon. I might have to get an iphone for work because I need one freaking app! (a security camera app) but I would probably be a baller and just carry two phones. (one with a sim card).

I don't think there is a better choice right now than Nokia, mostly because of how dedicated they are. The #1 thing that would make me switch is if they ever stopped developing Windows Phone's.

I still believe that the Lumia 920 is the best phone on the market. We just need those last few apps....

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
If they give me any trouble repairing the 822 I bought my mom that did the volume sticking and then lightning bolt/gears then I'll quit them despite looking forward to the 928. Verizon store told her that her warranty was invalidated by a small ding on one edge, so she's mailing it to me. So yeah, hopefully Nokia takes care of us. :)

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
The only reason that I wouldn't upgrade to a Nokia is if there's no huge PureView phone later this year. I could live without the apps and go for the next HTC WP if it's a looker.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has its own opinion, but the 8X is a slick device no matter who is looking at it..
I don't think it's ugly. I just need to see more from HTC in terms of build quality. I've known people who had issues with hardware build quality on HTC Android devices, so I need to know HTC's QA has improved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte