Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1.    #1  
    This is a thread that asks you what will make you switch from Nokia to another Windows Phone manufacturer. I love Nokia, and I'm rocking an amazing yellow 920 which I love, but if Samsung or HTC make a windows phone that blows Nokia away, I will probably switch. Post away!!

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    In reality, probably nothing for a while. It seems that Nokia has got the reigns for Windows Phone. Until more market share is gained, it will be considered an afterthought by other manufacturers.

Saying that, it really wouldn't take much at this point. After the hardware issues I've had with my 900's and 920 it wouldn't take much for me to seriously consider another manufacturer. On the other hand, I don't see a manufacturer coming along at any time soon that will invest what Nokia has invested into Windows Phone.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Nokia gets that different people have different needs. Samsung aren't going to produce the equivalent of a 620 any time soon... So I guess I'll stick with Nokia for a while!
  4.    #4  
    If Sony made a windows phone that is very similar to the xperia z, I would consider it.
    Thanked by:
    BIGPADDY and Jimmy Cooper like this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    If the battery lasts longer than five freakin hours. Very disappointed about battery on 920

I'm lovin my Lumia 920. Probably gonna stick with Nokia, they're doing a very good job. But if MSFT made a surface phone, I'd be very tempted.

It would take Samsung and HTC actually supporting the ecosystem. I quite enjoy having apps on time and a manufacturer that fights for its customers even when Microsoft won't. . .
  8.    #8  
    If Samsung made the Ativ SII with all the features that the SIV has (except for 1080p and quad core, as WP doesn't support it as of now), and actually market it and release it on AT&T, I would consider it.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    If HTC gives me the same support in apps, better screen resolution, long battery life, same design as the One with expandable storage and cheaper price tag..

Samsung.. Nope I'll never switch..
    rhodri22 likes this.
    It would probably take a lot. I do not like HTC's hardware, whether Windows Phone or Android. The only vendor I like other than Nokia is Samsung, but Samsung does not offer much in the way of Windows Phone devices.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    It would probably take a lot. I do not like HTC's hardware, whether Windows Phone or Android. The only vendor I like other than Nokia is Samsung, but Samsung does not offer much in the way of Windows Phone devices.
    Everyone has its own opinion, but the 8X is a slick device no matter who is looking at it..
    Thanked by:
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnbs View Post
    Everyone has its own opinion, but the 8X is a slick device no matter who is looking at it..
    Yes, it does, but some might think it feels cheap, as do I. Hard to admit, but the iPhone 5 uses great materials on both black and white. Great design too.

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Yes, it does, but some might think it feels cheap, as do I. Hard to admit, but the iPhone 5 uses great materials on both black and white. Great design too.
    Don't know about the materials, but design is subjective. IMHO the design is plain boring.
    HaibaneReki likes this.

I switched from Nokia lumia900 to. HTC 8s, phone was too big, and heavy
    Honestly I won't be switching anytime soon. I might have to get an iphone for work because I need one freaking app! (a security camera app) but I would probably be a baller and just carry two phones. (one with a sim card).

I don't think there is a better choice right now than Nokia, mostly because of how dedicated they are. The #1 thing that would make me switch is if they ever stopped developing Windows Phone's.

I still believe that the Lumia 920 is the best phone on the market. We just need those last few apps....
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek and stmav like this.

Well, like most people here, nothing. At least for the next 2 yrs.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

If they give me any trouble repairing the 822 I bought my mom that did the volume sticking and then lightning bolt/gears then I'll quit them despite looking forward to the 928. Verizon store told her that her warranty was invalidated by a small ding on one edge, so she's mailing it to me. So yeah, hopefully Nokia takes care of us. :)

The only reason that I wouldn't upgrade to a Nokia is if there's no huge PureView phone later this year. I could live without the apps and go for the next HTC WP if it's a looker.

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    If Sony made a windows phone that is very similar to the xperia z, I would consider it.
    I never thought about a Sony Windows Phone...that could be interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jnbs View Post
    I don't think it's ugly. I just need to see more from HTC in terms of build quality. I've known people who had issues with hardware build quality on HTC Android devices, so I need to know HTC's QA has improved.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    palandri and Duvi like this.

The SGS4.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,518 Global Posts
    I don't think it's ugly. I just need to see more from HTC in terms of build quality. I've known people who had issues with hardware build quality on HTC Android devices, so I need to know HTC's QA has improved.
    +1 I agree
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Don't think I'd ever switch from Nokia because of the app exclusivity. I may get other non-Nokia WP devices, but that would be for s&gs, not as my primary WP device.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts

It hasn't. They always look pretty. Only ones I haven't tried is the WP8 devices from them. I've tried Android and all the WP devices prior to WP8... Same stuff, different look!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I agree. Too bad the amazing design is behind a case since it's so fragile. I have an iPhone 5 btw and using a case suck since it's so beautiful but I need to take extra care for it since aluminum bends and scratches much more than plastic. I can't wait to get my hands on the 920. I hope the person buying my phone wouldn't back out tho.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast