htc 8x vs the new nokia phone at verizon

fireball24

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Wondering what will happen to the HTC 8x when the supposedly Lumia 928 will come on Verizon.
Would people move to the Lumia leaving their HTC behind..or just wait to upgrade? I can't decide..cuz even though I own a HTC 8x, I would very much like the new Lumia on the vzw network.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Nokia support sure is a thing of beauty, and a top end WP8 for Big Red is long overdue.

But is Nokia so much better as to return a good phone like the 8X, especially since the vast majority of HTC WP8 users would have to buy outright since most will be past the return date? I am not sure it is THAT much better.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Nokia support sure is a thing of beauty, and a top end WP8 for Big Red is long overdue.

But is Nokia so much better as to return a good phone like the 8X, especially since the vast majority of HTC WP8 users would have to buy outright since most will be past the return date? I am not sure it is THAT much better.

I completely agree. It is still a fully functional phone with GREAT audio-quality if you have some good headphones and some nice and loud speakers to show off to friends with their S3's or iPhones ;). It's WP8 and will be that way for the 928, although I agree it is probably going to be better (not audio-wise to me, but that's my opinion), but buying it outright after getting an 8X is a waste of money. Like a really huge disappointment, and I would doubt u can sell it for more than 300$ now since you have probably used it for quite some time.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd guess that most people who got the 8x are in contract and won't be switching to the 928 anyway, since they'd have to pay full retail price.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I had the 822 and switched to the 8X and love it. I didn't really use the exclusive Nokia Apps and really don't have a desire to switch to the 928, regardless of cost.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in the 928, but mainly due to a somewhat better camera and possibly more storage. Otherwise I don't think the 920/928 are that much better than my 8X. I am tempted by the 928, but don't know if I want to buy it for full retail.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm interested in the 928, but mainly due to a somewhat better camera and possibly more storage. Otherwise I don't think the 920/928 are that much better than my 8X. I am tempted by the 928, but don't know if I want to buy it for full retail.

Exactly how I feel!

Vb2012

Banned
Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

lol wat 920 has wireless charging , pure motion , and so much more there is a difference pal !!!!

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
the main difference i feel is the SUPPORT the Nokia is giving you, I'm writing this in capital cause its the most important thing you need when you buy any gadget now a days.
the main problem for HTC users mite be that the other storage option, as have seen people getting other storage filled to 1.2-2 Gbs,
having a phone with 16gb internal and the memory getting used for no reason mite b a pain.

old users may not upgrade but the new users surely will be tempted to get 928 rather than 8X

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm fortunate that my lovely wife is still sporting a Trophy, and is willing to take my 822 when the 928 comes out, so I can get it at upgrade price. My wife says she likes to get the phone after I've had it a while so that, "the bugs are worked out." I'm good with that! :wink:

If I'd gotten the 822 without having this option, though, I'd have a real hard time spending the money to upgrade now. The desire would be really strong, but I'm doubting that the wallet would be cooperative, as I'm not going into debt for a phone, and I'm not depleting my emergency fund for it, either.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
lol wat 920 has wireless charging , pure motion , and so much more there is a difference pal !!!!
My 8X has wireless charging. Music through ear buds sound better with the 8X. The exclusive Nokia apps are nice but I don't miss them. The Verizon 8X got portico before the 822 did. All in all the 920/928 is a very nice phone but it's not so much better that shelling out lots of money to buy it off contract is a no brainer. From a trophy yes, possibly from an 823, but from an 8X?

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm available for upgrade in July and it's either the 928, the Z10, or the HTC One. Of course, this is all providing we don't get something better by then, and I don't get one of these as my work phone.

Rick2340

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm available for upgrade in July and it's either the 928, the Z10, or the HTC One. Of course, this is all providing we don't get something better by then, and I don't get one of these as my work phone.
It appears from your statement that Verizon will be getting the HTC One by July.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I would love to have an HTC One. Hope Verizon doesn't change the look of the phone much.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Everyone wonders why VZW launches phones late. It's because they know people are gonna sue each other and carry on. I don't know why our S4 launch is so far back but I have a feeling something will be awry once it's been on sale at other carriers for a few days. I know the network testers were pissed because Galaxy Nexus and S3 = awful reception
Note 2 and Odyssey = good reception
GS4 = awful reception again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention