Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I believe I recently saw the Catwalk referred to as the 925. Sounds legit to me.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Engadget mobile mentioned the 925 in their mobile podcast a week or two back.... as i previously mentioned in the catwalk thread:)

It appears that the 928 and 925 are essentially the 920 with minor differences

Quote Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
    It appears that the 928 and 925 are essentially the 920 with minor differences
    The 920 is maxing out the platform .. can't expect any major hardware differences until Microsoft allows for such changes to be made. It makes sense for them to made more than one variant out of it.. maximizing their R&D investment into the initial internal design.
    Thanked by:
  7. M L

Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    The 920 is maxing out the platform .. can't expect any major hardware differences until Microsoft allows for such changes to be made. It makes sense for them to made more than one variant out of it.. maximizing their R&D investment into the initial internal design.
    Why is Nokia competing against itself in the WP8 market?
    Thanked by:

Anybody else notice the article the OP referenced also said both phones are expected to have 16 GB storage?

That asked, who puts 16GB in the flagship phone that is supposed to be based on a 32 GB model? Not sure I can fully believe the article, since it put out that information; many other sources say to expect 32 GB with no microsd expansion...

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by M L View Post
    Why is Nokia competing against itself in the WP8 market?
    They aren't really competing against themselves. The 920 is AT&T and global, the 928 is VZW and who knows and the 925 is rumored to be T-Mobile. It's just like the 820, 822, 810 setup. They are just covering as many US carriers as possible while making them happy by changing the name and design a little.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts
    they are not competing. there is just a variety of Pure view phones.. If you want thickbut hifi stuff like pure motion hd etc.. you know which oen to get.. If you want slim pureview phone, then catwalk.

At this point that is all that can be done.. BTW that is want Samsung is also doing right?.. look at Galaxy models..
    Banned

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    If there were covering as many carriers, why none of their devices are not on USCC, Sprint, and most regionals (especially on the CDMA side)??? Before blaming the carriers, take a look of Nokia's relationship with those US carriers a decade ago when they gave CDMA carriers the two middle finger salute.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmdj31675 View Post
    If there were covering as many carriers, why none of their devices are not on USCC, Sprint, and most regionals (especially on the CDMA side)??? Before blaming the carriers, take a look of Nokia's relationship with those US carriers a decade ago when they gave CDMA carriers the two middle finger salute.
    There's a bit more behind it.
    They gave middle finger to all CDMA carriers when they were controlling over 60% of the smartphone and phone market, but it came to Nokia owning over 60% of GSM patents and being the father of GSM, similar to LTE now for Nokia. Thinking their engineering side with NSN and Nokia there's no way they ever have something out first as a CDMA device or fully commit to it.

Nokia was also in a years long legal battle with Qualcomm that's one of the main CDMA patent holders. That made Nokia care even less about CDMA back in 2005-2010

leak pics from @eveleaks 16rty6n.jpg
    Thanked by:
    unstoppablekem likes this.

Does look a lot thinner than previous phones

Their is a New Lens
    Nokia Smart Cam...

Looks good,reminds me off n8,
    I guess the New Lumia's ( 928 925 ) may come with GDR2.

I see the body has gaps in the sides which are there for the antenna to get better reception - usually found on phones with aluminum unibody construction.

Whatever it is it does look like that will be my next phone.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    time to combine all these Catwalk and Lumia 925 threads into one ..
    no sign of the back, again :)
    and...that grey looks nice if a little somber.
    and of course, the USB is on the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by jmajid View Post
    and...that grey looks nice if a little somber.
    Metallic colors coming? :-)

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    The phone is now also pictured from the side.
    Lumia 925/Catwalk press shot revealed UPDATED | nokiagadgets.com

Like on the leaked proto pictures it looks to have metallic frame and poly back. I wonder how far will they go with colors? Will we only have metallic colors or will Nokia also heavily color the aluminium like on N8 and E9.

The camera bump doesn't look that big when you look at it from the side

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    whats curious is that there has been NO mention of this phone on the FCC site... very curious.
    I will have to do a little digging to see when we found out about 928 and 920 compared to when the FCC approved them....

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I just saw that Nokia US is promoting the London event on its Facebook site... gotta wonder :)

I just saw that Nokia US is promoting the London event on its Facebook site... gotta wonder :)
    Best case scenario would be penta band HSPA for TMO.. unlocked, that way they cover AT&T's HSPA network as well.

Best case scenario would be penta band HSPA for TMO.. unlocked, that way they cover AT&T's HSPA network as well. Or just release it unlocked on Amazon with US warranty like the 808.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast