New 6-inch Aluminium Phablet with Pelican imaging technology?

MojoDoj0

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
When I first saw the picture on the 6-inch screen, I thought of the aluminum body that was leaked a few months ago. I hope the two parts are made ​​for each other.
Rumor has it that any Nokia phablet will have the same camera as in the Lumia 1020. But the hole on the aluminum body does not look as big as the camera hole in the 1020. This made me think of Pelican imaging technology. Pelican Imaging latest software is designed to fit perfectly with Snapdragon 800. Which would fit perfectly into a phablet. And the camera hole on the aluminium body looks just enough to fit the pelican camera.
Do you think Nokia will have such a camera in their phablet? How would you feel about such a phone?

Give me your thoughts, would it be possible? necessary? too soon? pros and cons?

nokia-6-inch-phablet.jpgEOS v2 metal.pngPelican-4x4-imager-array.jpg

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ooo, I like where your head's at, putting together that display and Al body. Could be a match.

One thing to keep in mind about that Pelican sensor: it is very thin and I'm not sure it would necessitate a hump, but I only know what I've seen in press releases.

I asked Pelican directly when they expected this tech to come to consumer devices. They maintain that it will not appear until 2014.

All this info together tells me that the phablet will have a 1020 camera package. I think MS and Nokia are laying the foundation to bring this tech to phones for sure, but I see this driving Nokias push into the tablet market. Why? Because 3D printing support is native to 8.1 and the Pelican sensor and supporting software can create a 3D file from a 360 degree shot. Yeah, imagine a Nokia tablet that can capture moments and print them in 3D. Wild ****.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
In the oval hole next to the square hole in the picture above showing the back panel of the device, no ?.

no, not enough of room. It's for dual LED.
I can't quite see how Nokia could possibly fit the 41MP sensor in that space. That space should be 2-4mm thicker.

MojoDoj0

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Thats what I also thought, and put a sensor like the one in the 1020 without Xenon flash is like cutting the quality for the images taken with flash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6